+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Increased GCD for T2 bosses

Default Increased GCD for T2 bosses

Today my group did a couple T2's, wasn't that hard, we did wipe a couple times however.

This wasn't because we failed on the tactics, the tank simply got 2shotted because the boss timed his abilities.

I'm speaking of Caelyx the Ancient, who has a skill that instantly brings you down to 20% (the entire group) and because that has a lil fly time, it timed exactly with his 2nd skill (w/e that's called) so the tank went from 10k minus 80% = 2k hp left with a followup from the skill down to 200 health and an auto attack finished it. Within a danm second. Hard heals okay - but you can't 'hard heal' someone if they die of 1 attack.

It's like getting a 20k Titan strike, everyone dies, and they blame the healers for not healing - doesn't work that way.

P.s.: tank got enough toughness, the skill simply reduces everyone to 20% hp.

So a 'solution' (it's not a bug, no, but still...) could be to simply increase the GCD so the boss has more 'sustained' damage, rather than saboteur style-ish bombing mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Eraven View Post
    Hard heals okay - but you can't 'hard heal' someone if they die of 1 attack.
    But it was 3 attacks?
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 03-25-2011 at 09:09 AM.

Yea ma bad, what I meant is 1 damage spike making it look like 1 attack.

Soulwalker

Except in this situation the burst is 100% predictable, so much so that you have a good 2 seconds warning that your tank is going to get dropped fast. Tip: If you have a 3s cast time heal that heals the tank for big hps, have the healer start casting it right after Caelyx starts casting his aoe. *usually* it will hit the tank after the aoe and before he can do much else. Typically he will get an auto-swing in, but it shouldnt hit your tank for over 2k to finish him off. Heal lands, and you continue on.

Works the same as a chloromancer, I begin casting Nature's Touch right after he begins his AoE, and as long as i dont delay in casting it, the heal goes off before the tank can take much more damage.

Plane Touched

So what youre telling me is that since the tank can move, it has a travel time, and he cant move while casting, the tank should stand in melee and get gibbed every time he casts. Its a good thing you thought this out.

If you don't see what im getting at here you should probably retire from running experts for a little while and go in fresh tomorrow .
    Last edited by Gumdrawp; 03-27-2011 at 02:09 AM.

Champion of Telara

there are instaheals.
    there are heal over time.
    there are active defense abilities.
    This must be Gersh.
    Stop trolling.
    Die. Just die.

Telaran

It is very easy fight, just focus on healing after the wrath and that's it, you have enough time after wrtah is casted to buff up all party members health.

Also make sure to not get to overzealous at topping everyone off the whole time,
    it always reduces everyones health to 25% anyways. so might wanna save your cds for after that

since everything about 25% is basically overhealing

Champion

Atrophinious loves doing this.

Ascendant

That water boss in DD killed me because he dropped a water ground on the same GCD as his plague bolt for about 4k total damage. That hurts as a mage. This actually isn't THAT much of a problem for tank based hits, but when it happens for random target spells on squishies it gets ugly.
    Last edited by Stimuz; 03-27-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Shadowlander

sorry op, but NO.

It so easy. Your healers just have to time there heals it is as simple as that. Or if your tank is a Warrior, Use void knight. Reduce the dmg from buffs, and every 30 secs you have a skill called rift sheild that reduces 1100 dmg (spell) if you have 10 pacts up.

The fight is easy as long as people avoid the **** he drops on the floor. other than that, like i said, healers need to time there heals.

And from when you get hit by his aoe. there about 4 secs from that to his 3-4hit. I have 9k hp and i sruvive all the time with my healers. Only wipe if i get caught in the lazers or his the stuff he throws on the floor.
    Last edited by Canar; 03-28-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Eraven View Post
    Today my group did a couple T2's, wasn't that hard, we did wipe a couple times however.

This wasn't because we failed on the tactics, the tank simply got 2shotted because the boss timed his abilities.

I'm speaking of Caelyx the Ancient, who has a skill that instantly brings you down to 20% (the entire group) and because that has a lil fly time, it timed exactly with his 2nd skill (w/e that's called) so the tank went from 10k minus 80% = 2k hp left with a followup from the skill down to 200 health and an auto attack finished it. Within a danm second. Hard heals okay - but you can't 'hard heal' someone if they die of 1 attack.

It's like getting a 20k Titan strike, everyone dies, and they blame the healers for not healing - doesn't work that way.

P.s.: tank got enough toughness, the skill simply reduces everyone to 20% hp.

So a 'solution' (it's not a bug, no, but still...) could be to simply increase the GCD so the boss has more 'sustained' damage, rather than saboteur style-ish bombing mode.
    The real problem are those damn elite aoe packs. At least once per run they all charge the same person instantly.

Banned

Haven't had a problem.

If the tank stands right next to calyx you can time it based on the emote, start casting a 3s heal and it hits almost immediately after the damage hits, followed by a HB, followed by a big AoE to bring everyone else up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponytoucher View Post
    The real problem are those damn elite aoe packs. At least once per run they all charge the same person instantly.
    They have a minimum range on their charge (something like 1m) so just stack up on the tank when you pull.

Plane Touched

If you have under 4k life with group buffs, your doing something horribly wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast