+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If you just do quests and no dungeon/rifts, can you get to 50?

Soulwalker

Default If you just do quests and no dungeon/rifts, can you get to 50?

I did not play the beta of Rift and I was wondering..

Basically, if you just do the normal quests (not PVP ones) and no dungeons, minimal rifts and no grinding except for quest mobs - can you hit 50?

Champion

If you do it over a few days and get the reseted bonus I think you can do it. I hear people run out of quests for a bit if they just run it without breaks though.

Soulwalker

Ok, I gotcha. I just hit 30 and am starting to work on level 31 quests so that's what I figured.

Telaran

If you power through with little rest, very few rifts, almost no dungeons, and no PvP, you generally run out of quests at 48 or so.

Going slow and doing a bit of everything will get you to, or VERY close to 50.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

However, the story quest lines require you to do at least a couple of runs through each dungeon, if I recall correctly. The zone invasions where you help to defend your area do help and you don't have to do rifts. Just hit the groups as they come for the wardstones. The planar goods are very nice and usually level appropriate.

Banned

Yes, but it's slower. Kill every mob that gets in your way to and from your quests and it'll be quicker and easier to hit 50.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-25-2011 at 08:43 AM.

Soulwalker

Between dailys for zones and crafting.. and the reg quests and extra **** you have to kill to do those it would be easy to get to lvl 50.. takig iit slow with one toon

just about to move to the lvl 30 zone area and only did quests

Soulwalker

I enjoyed doing rifts in the first two zones but now I am in the gorge and they barely appear let alone do I see many other players. Also, I notice more major rifts appearing which I clearly cannot solo.

Yup - very possible. I hit level 50 with quite a few quests still on my list for Stillmoor.

I skipped all of the group quests/dungeons and encountered ~20 RIFTs during the entire level process [only because the RIFT's were close by]. You really do want to do RIFT's as the planar currency will provide you with some nice gear/trinkets.
    How do you kill, that which has no life?

Ascendant

The question is, why would you want to do that many quests! Most of the lvling quests are the same rinse/repeat...click this, kill X amount, loot X amount, etc.

Soulwalker

Well, do rifts become more prevalent again in the final PVE zone?

Soulwalker

about 10 days ago my husband hit 50 just questing, killing and closing Rifts. not counting taking some time out to help me. so it's been done, probably by several others.

look for Rauldin on Laethys - a hunter as usual as well as in LOTRO, WOW, EQ.

I did each tier's dungeon (once) and rifts that were in my way and I hit 50 before I hit stillmoor. So you can get pretty darn close just questing.

I enjoyed questing. So much so that I plan on rolling a guardian to see the 1-20+ content that you miss as a defiant.

I honestly feel the questing is one of Rifts strongest features. The storylines are quite interesting IMO.

To the op just make sure you do the daily quests in every zone and kill mobs to and from quest objectives and you will have quests left to do at 50.
    Last edited by Rockgod99; 03-26-2011 at 05:23 AM.

I leveled my Guardian Cleric through all zones with the exception of Scarlet Gorge (skipped half).

I only participated in rift invasions when I had no other choice but to help becuase of the rifts being in the way of questing.

I completed the first 4 dungeons and did maybe 3 waterfronts.

Doing this I ran out of regular quests at 49 in Stillmoor and did the dailies that popped up there to reach 50.

So with that I would assume that if you completed every quest in every relative zone to your faction with no dungeons, rifts, or waterfronts that you would probably not hit 50 but be very close imo.
    基地はすべて我々のものだ。

+ Reply to Thread