+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soooooo how does melee live in Iron Tombs on final boss.

Shield of Telara

Default Soooooo how does melee live in Iron Tombs on final boss.

Explain please.
    In detail.

on expert.
    "Run in"
    "INSTANT PULSE FOR 2K!"
    ".....Runs back in. INSTANT PULSE FOR 2K"
    ".... BOSS IS CHANNELING..oh so sorry you ate the first tick while running away, heres some more damage."
    *ranged sit in one spot entire fight pewpewing happily.*

"Rogue gets Combat Rezzed. rogue switches to different role and starts being a bard!"

I'm a very sad assassin right now.
    I don't consider myself "A top player"..but i can normally live through a boss after seeing what they do..that...son of a *****...i don't have a clue what to do.

It's Rift. If a fight seems hard, make everyone go ranged.

Default Sorry I laughed...

but yeah, I have yet to see a melee dps survive that fight.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Timewarp View Post
    but yeah, I have yet to see a melee dps survive that fight.
    Yeah, i kinda lol'ed at that too

Plane Touched

It's actually pretty easy. The boss does 2 knockbacks, then ~3-5secs after starts his super big spell. On the 2nd knockback, just don't run back in melee, stay away and wait for him to do his channel, then go back. It's really not super hard. Alternatively if you have a cleric healer with a sent sub/main spec, he can AE dispel the slow so you have more time to run out. Or you can use self dispel/teleports depending on your class/spec.

is that the one you can use way of the mountain and take 0 damage the whole fight?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tony` View Post
    is that the one you can use way of the mountain and take 0 damage the whole fight?
    That too but not everyone is a paragon ^^. There's actually quite a few ways to survive the fight if you do it inteligently. Like most fights really. The whole "WAAH melees are doomed" is exageration, I completed most T2 as a melee and never really had issues besides some trash cleaving me in the face when I wasn't paying attention to positionning.

Rift Disciple

Just healed it as chloro with all melee dps, none died. Don't be bad? /shrug

Soulwalker

Did it as my first expert 2 nights ago. Everyone in the party was brand new to it. We were a 4/5 melee group and did it without a problem. The nice thing was that everyone read about the fight and had their head on straight. Knowing is half the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
    Explain please.
    In detail.

on expert.
    "Run in"
    "INSTANT PULSE FOR 2K!"
    ".....Runs back in. INSTANT PULSE FOR 2K"
    ".... BOSS IS CHANNELING..oh so sorry you ate the first tick while running away, heres some more damage."
    *ranged sit in one spot entire fight pewpewing happily.*

"Rogue gets Combat Rezzed. rogue switches to different role and starts being a bard!"

I'm a very sad assassin right now.
    I don't consider myself "A top player"..but i can normally live through a boss after seeing what they do..that...son of a *****...i don't have a clue what to do.
    Not had a problem with this as melee, you get knocked back, healed up and you go back in. He does a cast before the channel which lets you start running out.
    Founder and Guild Master of Arctic Vikings Steampike EU http://arcticvikings.guildlaunch.com

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsyn View Post
    Did it as my first expert 2 nights ago. Everyone in the party was brand new to it. We were a 4/5 melee group and did it without a problem. The nice thing was that everyone read about the fight and had their head on straight. Knowing is half the battle!
    This is whats confusing me.
    "We did it with melee no problem!"
    Is your healer just godlike and had no problem healing all 3 of your dps for 2k+ every few seconds when he does a knockback? (Combined with some random 3.5k damage bullcrap that just goes out randomly >.<)

I mean i know the fight now, and after reading thsi thread, i killed my pvp spec and turned it into a marksman spec for whenever i do this again lol

I just don't get it. You get spammed knockbacked and have to run away quite often for his channels and make the healer have to heal you..or just go ranged and just chill n pewpew while not taking much damage..
    =/ /melee QQ /ranged QQ. etc.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by scfs123 View Post
    This is whats confusing me.
    "We did it with melee no problem!"
    Is your healer just godlike and had no problem healing all 3 of your dps for 2k+ every few seconds when he does a knockback? (Combined with some random 3.5k damage bullcrap that just goes out randomly >.<)

I mean i know the fight now, and after reading thsi thread, i killed my pvp spec and turned it into a marksman spec for whenever i do this again lol

I just don't get it. You get spammed knockbacked and have to run away quite often for his channels and make the healer have to heal you..or just go ranged and just chill n pewpew while not taking much damage..
    =/ /melee QQ /ranged QQ. etc.
    I think you just figured out that all rogues should have a ranged spec too. Good work.

Tell your tank not to suck and to tank him up against a wall facing away from the group, if he starts casting shattering roar, sprint away. He's not hard. Alternatively, spec into paragon and type /lol everytime he 'goes furious'.

~Skryre

You can actually time the tail lash and avoid it...takes a skilled player to do that though..I used to have trouble as melee but now i **** all fights doing 1k+ dps

you dps......he starts to channel furious roar, you run out , your healer aoe cleanses and you wait till the channel is over. I don't see what is so hard?

>>> My Youtube Channel <<<
    >>> Creator of the Senticar Soul <<<
    No, I am arrogant,I do not care for you're feelings and 90% of my comments our trolls. The other 20% our from the heart and our to help spread the Love and Knowledge ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast