+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soloing Dungeons at 50?

Default Soloing Dungeons at 50?

just wondered if any normal dungeons are possible to solo at level 50? Mainly interested in Deepstrike Mines as I would like to run it in an attempt to ge the pet

I have attempted this a few times as a shaman/druid, it works out pretty well since all you need to do is clear the first trash pack jump down and theres a bunch bats! They respaw in about 15 mins so you can wait or try and run out and reset. I didn't have to do that since I got lucky and got it the first batch.

I really haven't tried to solo any bosses yet since I saw no use to it.
    Be careful of the words you speak. Keep them short and sweet! For you may never know, from day to day, which ones you will have to eat!

Telaran

Yes - IT can be soloed- I duo'ed it, but the second member of the party was parked a distance away before each fight. ;) I'm sure Fae can also be soloed at 50.

Not sure I'd try Deepstrike just yet, but maybe once I've got better gear.

I duo'd it at 20 =/

Chloro and me as justicar.
    Welcome to the Beagle.

thanks for the responses I am looking forward to trying this now

At 50 me and a 44 bard Duo'd lantern hook, so I'm sure you can solo or duo Deepstrike.

~Skryre

Soulwalker

What class/souls do you think would be best to solo stuff like lower level dungeons with? Always loved designing a character to be able to solo as much as possible just for the fun of it, but havent really looked into it in Rift yet.

Rift Disciple

As a rift/Reaver I can very easily solo rotf at 50. After the massive nerf however i doubt ill be able to solo anything.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Purple-Dragon View Post
    What class/souls do you think would be best to solo stuff like lower level dungeons with? Always loved designing a character to be able to solo as much as possible just for the fun of it, but havent really looked into it in Rift yet.
    I'd go with a tank or a Bard. My DPS classes get totally destroyed in Deepstrike Mines even at level 50. Tanks just reduce so much damage coming in and most of them have a decent amount of passive self healing or emergency buttons to help them recover from whatever trash is beating the crap out of them.

Granted, I may just be clueless when it comes to my dps spec :P

Rift Disciple

A bard will never produce the damage output to kill some bosses (IE the last boss of DSM), even at 50. To boot, they take way too much damage. The only classes I could see soloing anything beyond maybe RoTF, IT, and DD would be pet classes (especially a chloro/ele or chloro/necro). Necro/lock could do a lot of the stuff with soul purge and life shift or revivify, but it may not be enough healing later on. A reaver may be able to do some of it as well, but they have extremely low damage output and very little passive healing on single targets (bosses), so they'll have difficulty staying alive. Anything with stacking or debilitating debuffs, or fears/MCs/etc will be tough for anything without a pet, a dispel, and a heal.

Don't underestimate how hard some of the mobs and bosses hit in the low level dungeons. It will surprise you very quickly.

(Consider that the average level 30-35ish group with GOOD players in FC or KB will be averaging 600ish group dps, maybe more in some cases. This is what your average DPS specced (IE no emphasis on survival) DPS is going to do solo for an extended period, more for some less for others, and you're not going to get far with no emphasis on survival.

In summary: Chloro/Elementalist, Necro/lock, or Necro/Chloro, or MAYBE xx/Ranger (Bard/Ranger?) or you wont get very far other than some cleric specs.
    Last edited by Xilrasis; 03-25-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xilrasis View Post
    In summary: Chloro/Elementalist, Necro/lock, or Necro/Chloro, or MAYBE xx/Ranger (Bard/Ranger?) or you wont get very far other than some cleric specs.
    Bard/Ranger (or to be more precise Ranger/Bard is a very strong solo spec. You get a good tanking pet. You get additional heals through bard (as well as bard buffs). you can put out a sustained DPS while healing and depending on incoming damage it is easily ramped up with ranger shots. Add in assassin for some additional crit chances (to both healing as well as damage) and you can take on the 50 elites in Stillmoor pretty easily. I may try IT and DSM just to see how far you c an get with this build.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by furfang View Post
    Bard/Ranger (or to be more precise Ranger/Bard is a very strong solo spec. You get a good tanking pet. You get additional heals through bard (as well as bard buffs). you can put out a sustained DPS while healing and depending on incoming damage it is easily ramped up with ranger shots. Add in assassin for some additional crit chances (to both healing as well as damage) and you can take on the 50 elites in Stillmoor pretty easily. I may try IT and DSM just to see how far you c an get with this build.
    The damage output of that spec is going to be roughly comparable to two solid DPS members of a level 25 group. You will probably struggle with keeping your pet healed on the decapitators and slayers, too, as they hit like trucks for their level.

Champion

Me and my friend duoed Iron Tomb and Deepstrike at 48 as mages.

Chloros though.
    Last edited by Untouch; 03-25-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Plane Touched

Rogue and Warrior probably the worst classes for this. Warrior with a Reaver/Paladin spec might be able to get further though. Mages should do fine until KB or maybe RD with chloro/elem, Clerics can solo probably up to CC/AP with Justicar/warden. There might be unbeatable bosses though I haven't really tested it much, any boss with healing due to lack of DPS, but other than that it should be fine.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-25-2011 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilrasis View Post

Don't underestimate how hard some of the mobs and bosses hit in the low level dungeons. It will surprise you very quickly.
    Words of wisdom to follow.

1st boss in Realm of the Fae hits very hard even though it's a very low level boss.

There are a few group quest mobs [droughtlands] which hit for 600+ dps every few seconds with the random 1k+ crit which make it impossible to keep up the heals.
    How do you kill, that which has no life?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast