+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bugged expert dungeons and GM's!

Soulwalker

Default Bugged expert dungeons and GM's!

After i recently got lvl 50 i started trying out some expert dungeons. Well, what can i say? I'm here to whine alright! I have done 3 of them so far, KB, LH and IT. Well it hurts me to say that 2 of the bosses in LH and IT were bugged! That's 4 bugged bosses out of what? 10 in total for the 2 instances? That means we all lost the maelforged souls, the plaques and of course the loot! It seems like the auto-rolling procedure is bugged because you could loot the corpse but when you'd click on the items a message would appear saying "that item is being rolled on". And guess what, i play a rogue ..and in LH one of the bugged bosses dropped Pyroblade(epic dagger 25dps) and the other one dropped Fang of Maelforge(epic dagger 26+dps) both really rare drops and i just watched them both rot in front of my eyes! And like that wasn't enough....all i wanted was some SUPPORT!! My group said hey, file a ticket! you know, send a petition to a GM. Well i'm sorry to say this but it's my personal experience in Rift, whenever i got stuck(sometimes you get stuck twice in 24hours and can't use the i'm stuck command) or got bugged, there was no single time i would hear a reply from a GM. There seems to be no way to check if a GM is online ...they never answer, not even to confirm the bug( trust me that's all i'm asking for, something to ease my mind) so it's like talking and asking for help from a brick wall!! Need some comments and answers right here and right now folks !!

Usually when a group downs a boss and loots the corpse, a window pops up. This window has the loot from the boss in an icon along with "Need," "Greed," and "Pass" buttons. you should just click the corresponding button depending on the loot and if you win the roll it automatically loots the item to you. I have run countless T1's and T2's and I had no problems with the default Need/Greed system. I do however sometimes have problems with a master looter system. Make sure that you are not on a master looter type system and please provide a better explanation on your problem then just complaining.

-csb

Champion

There is a bug with the roll system on occasion. Happened to me once running normal RD with the tree boss. It locks up one players screen so when they click need/greed/pass it does not get sent through. When the timer runs out the need/greed screen remains (until closed) and no loot is passed on even after reconnects.

Very rare, but I can see it being annoying.

That sucks. I have ran about 20 t1-t2 instances and have yet to experience this bug, but I have read about it on the forums.

I don't get why you are so upset about it though. This game hands out epics like participation ribbons at the special olympics. Just wait a couple days and you will get something the same or better.

Soulwalker

Coolstory i know how it works man! Do you think i had to reach t1 expert to see a loot window pop and learn how it works? cmon guys.... the window doesnt even pop, thats the bug! You loot, but there's no window popping ...you can see the items ...but when you click on them it says the message i wrote above!! And btw, no comments about the GM's anyone?

Soulwalker

and no it didnt happen like woopedazz's occassion ..the window didnt even pop

It's so obvious that the bosses/instances are broken. Don't jump to conclusions.

Quickfix: Before every boss fight, reset the loot to FFA -> Grouploot.

Shadowlander

The GM's are too busy doing important things than to console someone or "confirm" a bug. Math is an eye opener on why you can't see GM's or whisper them.

Plane Touched

I've had this bug once and I've run countless experts. Don't expect it to happen often.

Soulwalker

Jninjas i don't want a game designer man, i want a game master!!! That means someone inbetween me and the company ingame! Someone who can give me an official word.Someone who can answer to my petition after a while and say Greetings this is a known issue and we are currently working on resolving it, i'm afraid there's nothing else we can do bla bla bla. That would be more than enough for me. But not to petition countless times and get no reply, ever! It makes me feel there's noone even reading my petitions!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Linakis View Post
    Jninjas i don't want a game designer man, i want a game master!!! That means someone inbetween me and the company ingame! Someone who can give me an official word.Someone who can answer to my petition after a while and say Greetings this is a known issue and we are currently working on resolving it, i'm afraid there's nothing else we can do bla bla bla. That would be more than enough for me. But not to petition countless times and get no reply, ever! It makes me feel there's noone even reading my petitions!
    you know what? the truth is they dont care. now that beta is over and they got your money they arent answering normal tickets anymore. just what they say "hacked" account tickets. even then ive seen those tickets from ppl go on for about a week before a resolution.

i have a regular in game ticket where i had an item drop bug on me way back in the 30s (ive been 50 now for a while). now im not talking about some random green it was a very nice epic. i put that ticket in march 1st. 3 days after they gave me a copy and paste response that they are sorry for the response time...etc etc... their priority is hacked accounts... etc... if i still need help respond with "yes i still need assistance". of course i responded. i still havent got a resolution though.

so i am pushing closer and closer to a month at no resolutuon on my longest ticket and i have a couple others too that have no response yet.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Coolstorybro View Post
    Usually when a group downs a boss and loots the corpse, a window pops up. This window has the loot from the boss in an icon along with "Need," "Greed," and "Pass" buttons. you should just click the corresponding button depending on the loot and if you win the roll it automatically loots the item to you. I have run countless T1's and T2's and I had no problems with the default Need/Greed system. I do however sometimes have problems with a master looter system. Make sure that you are not on a master looter type system and please provide a better explanation on your problem then just complaining.

-csb
    There is a bug where you will not get a need/greed window at all, and while the normal looting window opens, and you can see the items on the mob, no one can loot it as the system says that it is currently being rolled on.

We have had this happen twice now, and have left the carcass and finished the zone. returned to the carcass, and the items is still there, and still apparently being rolled on. Luckily for us, the lost items were not anything that was an upgrade for us.

Didn't bother putting in a ticket on it, as it's pointless to wait a week for a response saying Hey, we're really busy, sorry. Did you still need help?

Soulwalker

how very true heavymetal .. and thank you qbal

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jninjas View Post
    The GM's are too busy doing important things than to console someone or "confirm" a bug. Math is an eye opener on why you can't see GM's or whisper them.
    I have actually seen GM ingame, his chars name was GM_Manilaice, had model of defiant npc and was untargettable/unwhisperable. Then he just warped away.

+ Reply to Thread