+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ? about Expert LH, Firehoof

Rift Chaser

Cool ? about Expert LH, Firehoof

Seems his charge almost one shots peeps, and his stun is usually well timed just before a charge. As one of the healers, i kept gettin stunned then charged, which usually killed me. We tried LOS tons of times, also tried to hug him thinking the further he charged, the more damage he did. All in all we had to give up finally. Im just trying to get some kinda feedbacks in what we were doing wrong, or any other ways to take him down.

Thanks...hic!
    Drunkhealer

ps (no, I wasnt drunk this time!!!)

it worked for us that everyone (except tank) stood at max-range.
    I think the one nearest to the boss got charged than (what made it predictable) (but not sure on that, i just tanked him^^)
    DawN of a New Day
    addicted to

Yeah I dont know what this guys deal is. Weve always down him, but only after getting lucky with RNG. I have been insta-killed from charge/kick multiple times. We tried LOS, spacing out, healing at max range etc. I think hes just bugged or something

He sometimes charges and then does his cleave kind of attack, thus leading to a dead party member. Its mostly about luck and hoping he doesn't do that.

Rift Chaser

Cool

Well with the new patch details they are "Increasing his charge and his harpoon range by alot" which means no more losing him or out of ranging him. Gotta hate how "random" makes the difference in an expert boss fight.

Rift Chaser

Thumbs up

Thanks all for the feedbacks! I was wondering if it was just us, or just crappy luck. Im leaning towards the crappy luck

this is such an easy fight. after you figure it out. its a damn cake walk.

This fight is 100% placement of your group.
    (Average Player Mindset)
    Everything I need to know about balancing classes in MMOs.
    1. If I can kill it they are just bad players.
    2. If it can kill me it is cheating, exploiting, or over powered and needs to be balanced.
    3. The game would be better if the Dev Teams built the game the way I wanted it.
    4. I know the Company is not taking Data on their games because what I see is the only thing that is Important.
    5. The game I'm playing right now is Not as good as the game I left to come play it.
    6. I only read the info I want to see and rage about what I don't Understand.
    7. I'm by far more mature then the people I flame on the forums.
    8. I make invalid responses that are completely out of context and have nothing to do with the topic being discussed.

Rift Chaser

Thumbs up

We tried the "hug" method, but it didnt work. And we also did the max range which didnt work. Hell, I even had the tank in my los where the boss wasnt in my los and the boss still charged me (which was a wierd path) Im willing to give him anthoer try, but i just wanted to be a bit more informed next time.

Down with the Hoof!!!!!

Rift Chaser

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Reks View Post

Tell me about it, the Shadowfiend in KB was brutal on the first few pulls, but after grp placement, we were all like "Are you kidding me?????"

Quote Originally Posted by Reks View Post

It sure is, but that doesnt matter if he charges + crit cleaves does it? thats around 10 k dmg that only a tank can take. We just load up on dps and solo heal him, that way he doesnt have time to be a cleavetard.

Telaran

Keys to this fight, Range DPS only, and everyone spread out decently; with tactic you'll never have anyone get one shoted; works like a charm.

Soulwalker

From our experience he tends to only one-shot when there is someone between him and his charge target, i think that may be what makes him do his cleave/kick during the charge.

He is still a bit random though.
    Arch - Guardian Warrior - Bloodiron
    KILL FRENZY

Telaran

This is the last boss right? We noticed the charge does more dmg the further you are. You basically stand in a group ranged about 8 to 10 meters from the tank while the tank kites him away from fire around the group in a semi circle. You cant hug him cause he does a back cleave and you cant be too far for more dmg on the charge. Very easy fight actually.

Soulwalker

From what I've noticed, it's just buggy or the solution really is "not too close/far". I've taken 3 hits (charge/kick/cleave) in one motion. I've taken the charge/kick in one motion. I've also just only taken a charge only the whole fight. If it really is placement, then I don't know what magically changed for some, but max range -> charge/kick/cleave combo for me. I had to stay just outside of kick range for it work for me. I have no idea what is triggering the kick after the charge though. If it was only the charge, this fight is super easy. I've just noticed I was taking 2 hits in the charge when I was far away from the centaur.

Keys to this fight, Range DPS only, and everyone spread out decently; with tactic you'll never have anyone get one shoted; works like a charm.
    I would like to agree with you, but thats not what we have seen. We have been at max range with tank on opposite side of room with all of us spread the f out & people are still getting charge/kick one shotted.

I could care less really, as were already past the need for that content, heavily in T2.

+ Reply to Thread