+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alpha 1.1 Expert Dungeon Changes - Kudos Trion

Telaran

Default Alpha 1.1 Expert Dungeon Changes - Kudos Trion

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    * Only the final boss of Expert dungeons drop the Corrupted and Grotesque Souls needed for Expert and Raid Rifts.
    * Reduced the drop rate of Bind on Equip items in Expert Dungeons.
    * Adjusted harvest nodes in Abyssal Precipice and Charmer's Caldera - nodes before the first bosses can no longer be stealthed to.

ABYSSAL PRECIPICE
    * Expert: Icetalon's Ripping Talons can no longer critically hit.

Akala [Outdoor Raid]
    * Reduced health of Stone Wardens to make the first fight phase possible with 10 players.
    * Akala's Aegis of Stone and Gift of Laethys buffs can no longer be purged.

CHARMER'S CALDERA
    * Expert: Gronik will now reset if he leaves his encounter area.
    * Expert: Gronik's minions, Xaeiel and Sanwusu now ignore line of sight with their spells.
    * Expert: Added borders around Ryka Dharvos' area to ensure more laser goodness.

THE FALL OF LANTERN HOOK
    * Expert: Oludare the Firehoof can now Charge and throw harpoons at players from a greater distance.

FOUL CASCADE
    * Corruptive Ritual: Fixed so that the mobs that drop the required items now always spawn in certain groups.

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
    * Blightleaf Hexmaster's Noxious Cloud can no longer critically hit.
    * Blightleaf Guard's Wicked Vine can no longer critically hit.
    * All general population mobs' standard attacks can now critically hit.
    * Made small adjustments to boss enrage timers.
    * Greenscale: Fixed the protective Life Aura occasionally not spawning.

IRON TOMBS
    * Added new ranged weapon rewards to the zone quest, You Are Who They Call.

KING'S BREACH
    * Expert: Konstantin's Mathosian Fury is now more lethal (and furious).

RUNIC DESCENT
    * Changed the quest mobs, Guardian Purelights, so the ambush should be easier to manage.
    * Expert: Eliam's Death's Fury can no longer be removed by player abilities.
    * Expert: Rictus: Changed Rotting Flesh from a targeted AoE DoT to a ground target effect with a longer duration.

Kudos to Trion for handling their business.
    twitch.tv/towelliee
    Towelliee - Deepwood Riftstalker Rogue

Banned

I saw those CC changes. Good on you for posting that video and helping to bring some fun in to that place.

One change that is confusing me is this

* Increased the amount of Plaques of Achievement needed to purchase first and second-tier Expert Dungeon items.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I saw those CC changes. Good on you for posting that video and helping to bring some fun in to that place.

One change that is confusing me is this

* Increased the amount of Plaques of Achievement needed to purchase first and second-tier Expert Dungeon items.
    It's a small amount though, at least for T2 gear(forgot to check T1). 120plaques for shoulders/boots(belt still 100, 160 for gloves/helm, still 200 for chest/legs. A nerf indeed, but nothing too awful. Still a good idea to spend your plaques before the patch.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Arithion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    It's a small amount though, at least for T2 gear(forgot to check T1). 120plaques for shoulders/boots(belt still 100, 160 for gloves/helm, still 200 for chest/legs. A nerf indeed, but nothing too awful. Still a good idea to spend your plaques before the patch.
    Not really a nerf

The shoulders, boots and helm were 150, the belt and gloves were 100. If I'd waiting, I'd have saved 30 plaques ;)
    The Rift Podcast Site

Telarapedia | RiftIRC
    Level 50 Bahmi Warrior - Greybriar - Primal

Banned

I don't like the less frequent BoE stuff. That's making the grind worse. Bad itemization, bad loot tables, no intelligence to the RNG, and a horrible selection of entitlement gear.. and now fewer BoEs? Why don't they just come out and say it: "We want you to grind your *** off for a long, long time."

Rift Disciple

we have guilds clearing the raid content already. There is no grind.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    Guilds can clear raid content implies there is no grind to gearing up?

Welcome to logic fail.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    because they rode the 15 plague per instance train and put in a substantial amount of time into it.

Telaran

yeah some of the changes are cool, but to nerf the amount of plaques you get is just foolish....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber1261 View Post
    yeah some of the changes are cool, but to nerf the amount of plaques you get is just foolish....
    I agree. I understand when some classes need to be nerfed because everyone is affected. I do not like when the GM's decide to nerf content for the future players though. It comes off as, well now that all the hardcore players have their loot, let's make it harder for the rest. They should leave the loot alone in the dungeons that have already been played through a lot. Instead make it harder to get the loot in the future dungeons.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcoth View Post
    I agree. I understand when some classes need to be nerfed because everyone is affected. I do not like when the GM's decide to nerf content for the future players though. It comes off as, well now that all the hardcore players have their loot, let's make it harder for the rest. They should leave the loot alone in the dungeons that have already been played through a lot. Instead make it harder to get the loot in the future dungeons.
    I would have to agree with this ...

+1

The plaque thing is horribly stupid. And I can't believe they did the whole "Nodes cannot be stealthed to" good thing i got my pristine sap today lol

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    ...then Arithion said:
    Not really a nerf

The shoulders, boots and helm were 150, the belt and gloves were 100. If I'd waiting, I'd have saved 30 plaques ;)

-------------------------

So my question is: What is the new breakdown in cost of plaques per item? I am mainly concerned with the T2 items, but the above 2 posts conflict in how much each item will now cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    because they rode the 15 plague per instance train and put in a substantial amount of time into it.
    You actually got 15 just for clearing the zone. That was on top of the 12-14 you get from bosses.

+ Reply to Thread