+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Alpha 1.1 Expert Dungeon Changes - Kudos Trion

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    97

    Default Alpha 1.1 Expert Dungeon Changes - Kudos Trion

    DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
    * Only the final boss of Expert dungeons drop the Corrupted and Grotesque Souls needed for Expert and Raid Rifts.
    * Reduced the drop rate of Bind on Equip items in Expert Dungeons.
    * Adjusted harvest nodes in Abyssal Precipice and Charmer's Caldera - nodes before the first bosses can no longer be stealthed to.

    ABYSSAL PRECIPICE
    * Expert: Icetalon's Ripping Talons can no longer critically hit.

    Akala [Outdoor Raid]
    * Reduced health of Stone Wardens to make the first fight phase possible with 10 players.
    * Akala's Aegis of Stone and Gift of Laethys buffs can no longer be purged.

    CHARMER'S CALDERA
    * Expert: Gronik will now reset if he leaves his encounter area.
    * Expert: Gronik's minions, Xaeiel and Sanwusu now ignore line of sight with their spells.
    * Expert: Added borders around Ryka Dharvos' area to ensure more laser goodness.

    THE FALL OF LANTERN HOOK
    * Expert: Oludare the Firehoof can now Charge and throw harpoons at players from a greater distance.

    FOUL CASCADE
    * Corruptive Ritual: Fixed so that the mobs that drop the required items now always spawn in certain groups.

    GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT [Raid]
    * Blightleaf Hexmaster's Noxious Cloud can no longer critically hit.
    * Blightleaf Guard's Wicked Vine can no longer critically hit.
    * All general population mobs' standard attacks can now critically hit.
    * Made small adjustments to boss enrage timers.
    * Greenscale: Fixed the protective Life Aura occasionally not spawning.

    IRON TOMBS
    * Added new ranged weapon rewards to the zone quest, You Are Who They Call.

    KING'S BREACH
    * Expert: Konstantin's Mathosian Fury is now more lethal (and furious).

    RUNIC DESCENT
    * Changed the quest mobs, Guardian Purelights, so the ambush should be easier to manage.
    * Expert: Eliam's Death's Fury can no longer be removed by player abilities.
    * Expert: Rictus: Changed Rotting Flesh from a targeted AoE DoT to a ground target effect with a longer duration.


    *******************

    Kudos to Trion for handling their business.
    twitch.tv/towelliee
    Towelliee - Deepwood Riftstalker Rogue

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    6,449

    Default

    I saw those CC changes. Good on you for posting that video and helping to bring some fun in to that place.

    One change that is confusing me is this

    * Increased the amount of Plaques of Achievement needed to purchase first and second-tier Expert Dungeon items.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I saw those CC changes. Good on you for posting that video and helping to bring some fun in to that place.

    One change that is confusing me is this

    * Increased the amount of Plaques of Achievement needed to purchase first and second-tier Expert Dungeon items.
    It's a small amount though, at least for T2 gear(forgot to check T1). 120plaques for shoulders/boots(belt still 100, 160 for gloves/helm, still 200 for chest/legs. A nerf indeed, but nothing too awful. Still a good idea to spend your plaques before the patch.

  4. #4
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Arithion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    1,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    It's a small amount though, at least for T2 gear(forgot to check T1). 120plaques for shoulders/boots(belt still 100, 160 for gloves/helm, still 200 for chest/legs. A nerf indeed, but nothing too awful. Still a good idea to spend your plaques before the patch.
    Not really a nerf

    The shoulders, boots and helm were 150, the belt and gloves were 100. If I'd waiting, I'd have saved 30 plaques ;)
    The Rift Podcast Site

    Telarapedia | RiftIRC
    Level 50 Bahmi Warrior - Greybriar - Primal

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    I don't like the less frequent BoE stuff. That's making the grind worse. Bad itemization, bad loot tables, no intelligence to the RNG, and a horrible selection of entitlement gear.. and now fewer BoEs? Why don't they just come out and say it: "We want you to grind your *** off for a long, long time."

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    174

    Default

    we have guilds clearing the raid content already. There is no grind.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    we have guilds clearing the raid content already. There is no grind.
    Guilds can clear raid content implies there is no grind to gearing up?

    Welcome to logic fail.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    we have guilds clearing the raid content already. There is no grind.
    because they rode the 15 plague per instance train and put in a substantial amount of time into it.

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    83

    Default

    yeah some of the changes are cool, but to nerf the amount of plaques you get is just foolish....

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber1261 View Post
    yeah some of the changes are cool, but to nerf the amount of plaques you get is just foolish....
    I agree. I understand when some classes need to be nerfed because everyone is affected. I do not like when the GM's decide to nerf content for the future players though. It comes off as, well now that all the hardcore players have their loot, let's make it harder for the rest. They should leave the loot alone in the dungeons that have already been played through a lot. Instead make it harder to get the loot in the future dungeons.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcoth View Post
    I agree. I understand when some classes need to be nerfed because everyone is affected. I do not like when the GM's decide to nerf content for the future players though. It comes off as, well now that all the hardcore players have their loot, let's make it harder for the rest. They should leave the loot alone in the dungeons that have already been played through a lot. Instead make it harder to get the loot in the future dungeons.
    I would have to agree with this ...

    +1

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Emek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Haters town
    Posts
    745

    Default

    The plaque thing is horribly stupid. And I can't believe they did the whole "Nodes cannot be stealthed to" good thing i got my pristine sap today lol

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    It's a small amount though, at least for T2 gear(forgot to check T1). 120plaques for shoulders/boots(belt still 100, 160 for gloves/helm, still 200 for chest/legs. A nerf indeed, but nothing too awful. Still a good idea to spend your plaques before the patch.
    ...then Arithion said:
    Not really a nerf

    The shoulders, boots and helm were 150, the belt and gloves were 100. If I'd waiting, I'd have saved 30 plaques ;)

    -------------------------

    So my question is: What is the new breakdown in cost of plaques per item? I am mainly concerned with the T2 items, but the above 2 posts conflict in how much each item will now cost.

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara Krassus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    FLA
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    because they rode the 15 plague per instance train and put in a substantial amount of time into it.
    You actually got 15 just for clearing the zone. That was on top of the 12-14 you get from bosses.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts