+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rift Invasions actually give you purple sourcestones?

Rift Disciple

Default Rift Invasions actually give you purple sourcestones?

I have run tons and tons of invasions since I have hit 50 and still haven't received a single purple sourcestones ..

Is this broken?>

Soulwalker

I have a zillion blue but no purple from SHimmer/Ironpine/Stillmoor.
    Apparently only certain invasions drop purple, and those invasions never seem to happen it seems.
    Seems broken, mite as well be.
    Last edited by Godzilligan; 03-23-2011 at 12:13 PM.

By invasions, do you mean the small group of 4-6 mobs that are Invasions moving around on the map?

Or, do you mean the zone wide events, that can consist of mass invasions, rifts, and bosses?

Cause you can get purple currency from the zone wide events if you complete the objectives 100%. Like don't let a single wardstone fall, and you contribute a lot to said event.

I have gotten blue currency from minor rifts, but no purples from major, experts, or raid rifts (aside from Inscribed Sourcestones from raid rifts but those are different).

I read in another thread, players were saying in certain invasions you have to keep all 3 wardstones alive to be awarded the purple sourcestone in high level zones.
    Last edited by Autumn; 03-23-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Rift Chaser

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    I read in another thread, players were saying in certain invasions you have to keep all 3 wardstones alive to be awarded the purple sourcestone in high level zones.
    Im betting this is it

Telaran

In my experience;

Small invasion (Kill 32 invasions/12 rifts etc) Blue stones for all.

Full Invasion (Run around the map killing various Colossi,nodes,rifts) Purple stones for all.

- Edit - For example, Kain (Stillmoor) invasion spawned on Blightweald yesterday, got purple from that.
    Last edited by KKing650; 03-24-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Rift Chaser

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KKing650 View Post
    In my experience;

Small invasion (Kill 32 invasions/12 rifts etc) Blue stones for all.

Full Invasion (Run around the map killing various Colossi,nodes,rifts) Purple stones for all.

- Edit - For example, Kain (Stillmoor) invasion spawned on Blightweald yesterday, got purple from that.
    Did kain also and only got a blue, and I was there from start to finish. I dont think we had all the wardstones up though, which im guessing is why none of us got a purple.

Soulwalker

If that is the case that is rather annoying, since in a lot of cases there are still invasions and such heading towards the town for quite some time after the final boss spawn in the invasion events. Are they just expecting some people to bite the bullet and just not head to the boss and defend the town instead ? It's been my experience that you don't get the end reward for the event if you aren't there at the boss essentially.

Rift Disciple

The boss doesnt spawn until after the "defend the wardstones" quest achievement is met.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    The boss doesnt spawn until after the "defend the wardstones" quest achievement is met.
    Thats not the major invasion.
    The major invasion doesnt really say defend all wardstones. It tells You to kill rifts, defeat invasions and in addition to that if You defend all wardstones while You kill the end boss, you get purple.

Does anyone have proof or has actually been awarded a epic sourcestone from one of the end-game zones? I see alot of "yeah...yeah you have to do this" most of which contradicts what everyone else said, so whos correct?

I haven't even seen a big invasion happen in the 50ish zones yet, just a lot of the small ones with "kill 12 Rifts and 40 invasions".

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    I haven't even seen a big invasion happen in the 50ish zones yet, just a lot of the small ones with "kill 12 Rifts and 40 invasions".
    Might have to do with lowish population in those areas.

Soulwalker

I've earned 2 purple sourcestones from rifts (one earned at level 9), I'm level 16. Both rifts were major type, and in silverwood. You just have to have very high contribution. They seem to drop quite easily.

Soulwalker

Barecat
    I've earned 2 purple sourcestones from rifts (one earned at level 9), I'm level 16. Both rifts were major type, and in silverwood. You just have to have very high contribution. They seem to drop quite easily.
    And that was the case at lower lvls, even up through 35ish or low 40's in Scarwood. But once you hit the lvl 50ish invasions in IPP, Stillmoore, and Shimmersand, I've yet to see anyone recieve a purple sourcestone on a raid on a big invasion. I have something like 30 shards and 0 stones, but it doesn't matter, because much like the epic crafting gear, the stone gear can't compete with expert epic dungeon drops and plaque bought items except for one aug or two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast