+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ***Saga of the Endless - Talk about trivializing content.***

Rift Disciple

Default ***Saga of the Endless - Talk about trivializing content.***

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attac...nscalelewt.jpg

Basically with this quest you are equipping our whole raid with best in slot items.. got a dps check? Big deal, we have 20 people with the best weapon(currently known) in the game.

Make this quest finish-able by 2-3 people per GSB clear.
    Or figure out another way to deal with it.
    Last edited by TheJudge; 03-23-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Rift Disciple

So you're saying quests shouldn't reward good items?

Rift Disciple

Not at all, but if you look at things like Onyxia's head and other quests related to killing end-bosses of a game, they didn't reward a whole raid with the best item for that slot(especially weapon) for killing it one time. Onyxia had a quest for 1 person out of 40. Think about it.

Plane Walker

Are you forgetting this is a LOOONG questline? I would hardly call a epic quest spanning several zones, requiring raids and groups and the tedium of grinding faction reputation at many points TRIVIAL. If anything, I'm glad it actually rewards you for going through what can truly be considered a epic quest chain.

I'm more leaning towards you or others being too lazy to even start the quest in Freemarch, and now being a bit butthurt that people who put the time in are rewarded a bit extra for their efforts in GSB.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by hateful View Post
    Are you forgetting this is a LOOONG questline? I would hardly call a epic quest spanning several zones, requiring raids and groups and the tedium of grinding faction reputation at many points TRIVIAL. If anything, I'm glad it actually rewards you for going through what can truly be considered a epic quest chain.

I'm more leaning towards you or others being too lazy to even start the quest in Freemarch, and now being a bit butthurt that people who put the time in are rewarded a bit extra for their efforts in GSB.
    Ugh, if you didn't notice, WE are the ones who finished the quest. And the faction grind is AP faction, which nets 5k+ per run on standard difficulty(1000 per boss and 1000for quest) + trash. So this rep grind is also trivial, requires a run of FC,IT,Fae(expert),RD(expert). This quest is a great questline and I cannot discredit the work done on it given the limited amount of time it was completed in and is probably one of the better first 'epic' questlines of any game i've played, but for it to reward BiS weapons to every raid member is kind of ridiculous given that we completed it in a day.
    Last edited by TheJudge; 03-23-2011 at 07:17 AM.

Rea

isnt that the standard greescale droploot on that screen?

at least the chest is from tokens
    Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    A class loosing 1/4 of its DPS is certainly not a nerf

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post
    isnt that the standard greescale droploot on that screen?

at least the chest is from tokens
    Greenscale drops 2 items. The chest and the seal are the items he dropped, and the other 4 are weapons that we received from finishing the saga quest. So in one greenscale kill we netted something like 8 BiS weapons, 1 tier3 chestpiece, and 1 ring. (10 raid epics - 1 kill)
    Last edited by TheJudge; 03-23-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Rea

guardian saga quest gave a t2 (nice looking) head and a splitquestline that ended in nothing

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
    http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attac...nscalelewt.jpg

Basically with this quest you are equipping our whole raid with best in slot items.. got a dps check? Big deal, we have 20 people with the best weapon(currently known) in the game.

Make this quest finish-able by 2-3 people per GSB clear.
    Or figure out another way to deal with it.
    Why are you asking for them to artifically cockblock people who have successfully downed content and finished that long-*** quest chain? Why should it take more time than necessary to reap your rewards? Care to explain that to me?

You should all be proud that you finished that quest line, not asking to be punished because the item is BiS. I'm glad that Trion decided that time spent repeating content shouldn't be the only way to get good rewards in Rift.
    Greybriar
    Atesh - Bahmi Warrior - REA | CHA
    Ellystra - Bahmi Mage - CHL | STO | PYR
    Let's put rifts and invasions to good use!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rea View Post
    guardian saga quest gave a t2 (nice looking) head and a splitquestline that ended in nothing
    ours gave the helm, a neckpiece, and the quest to kill greenscale to receive the weapon so I think you missed a quest somewhere because your quest chain rewards the same stuff ours does.

Rea

successfully got the helm, no followup quest
    splitchain ended for me in using a prayerbook on ... 100000.... aelfwars, no followup and no itemreward

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
    Ugh, if you didn't notice, WE are the ones who finished the quest. And the faction grind is AP faction, which nets 5k+ per run on standard difficulty(1000 per boss and 1000for quest) + trash. So this rep grind is also trivial, requires a run of FC,IT,Fae(expert),RD(expert). This quest is a great questline and I cannot discredit the work done on it given the limited amount of time it was completed in and is probably one of the better first 'epic' questlines of any game i've played, but for it to reward BiS weapons to every raid member is kind of ridiculous given that we completed it in a day.
    Again, you are missing something. You are all finishing it in one day because you're one of the few hardcore raiding guilds. You may have had knowledge of the usefulness of the epic questline in advance from alpha sources, or you may not.

But you are NOT representative for the vast majority of the population. By the time everyone has figured this out, and puging GSB is even semi-viable, you do realize that there will be better weapons, probably from T2 raids?

This is a complete non-issue.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Badgered View Post
    Why are you asking for them to artifically cockblock people who have successfully downed content and finished that long-*** quest chain? Why should it take more time than necessary to reap your rewards? Care to explain that to me?

You should all be proud that you finished that quest line, not asking to be punished because the item is BiS. I'm glad that Trion decided that time spent repeating content shouldn't be the only way to get good rewards in Rift.
    We did the entire quest chain, from Freemarch to Greenscale step, in one sunday. Maybe 8-10hours? It's a pretty long quest yes, but it's not really that hard, and a lot of it can be soloed/duoed at lvl 50, until the stillmoor steps which for the most part requires 3 to 5people, only exception being the death raid rift.

I do think it's an awesome thing that everyone can get an epic weapon guaranteed without having to be lucky on drops. I guess I can agree on limiting the amount of completion per instances though. The easiest way would simply to make it so that the plants you need from the pools in greenscale don't respawn. Then you have like 3 or 4 in there, so that's the amount of weapons you get per week. Which is still a very high number.

Not going to complain yet though, Greenscale only drops 2 items, so that's 10drops total for the whole instance, you generally have around 30people to gear up, and there's 14slots or so. Even assuming perfect drops you'd need 42weeks to get everyone geared completely. Now you don't need everyone geared completely, but you can also bet 2months from now stuff will drop that no one can use or want, guaranteed(probably can happen already with like the justicar shield off hylas), you're looking at like 6months of greenscale to gear up your guild in almost full raid gear. Giving everyone weapons when you consider these figures is hardly gamebreaking.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-23-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

Definitely agree with you there pyros but with the incoming changes(rumor) to the amount of item drops per boss(and we saw 3 off of hylas- right?) I just think its a little ridiculous to allow 20 people to get the best weapon in game(in 10 hours if hardcored) - although this is only my opinion I don't see it changing but its something to look at for future quest lines and raids with balancing gear/time invested which they are currently looking at through a microscope.
    Last edited by TheJudge; 03-23-2011 at 08:07 AM.

EQ2 had a lot, lot more quests like this one, and I hope Trion implement more like it. The Cloak of Flames and Wurmslayer were two of my favorites, especially cause you could just put these into the Appearance tab once they became obsolete and you still had baller looking gear.

However, a lot of the items weren't BiS or sometimes they were plain trash. But, they looked amazing or were throwback items to EQ1, so it was nearly always worth every minute.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast