+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ***Saga of the Endless - Talk about trivializing content.***

Telaran

Where does this questline begin for Guardians?

Shadowlander

Translation: We did it and now it should be harder for everyone else.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Buku View Post
    Translation: We did it and now it should be harder for everyone else.
    thats what it sounds like lol...where do you even start this quest line?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
    http://www.fohguild.org/forums/attac...nscalelewt.jpg

Basically with this quest you are equipping our whole raid with best in slot items.. got a dps check? Big deal, we have 20 people with the best weapon(currently known) in the game.

Make this quest finish-able by 2-3 people per GSB clear.
    Or figure out another way to deal with it.
    This is.. Silly. Let's just go ahead and face that right now. What you are posting is silly and you are a silly, silly boy.

First off, these are not best in slot items. These are situationally best in slot for fights that have 0 raid damage. Notice the lack of endurance; if I found one of my guys wearing this trying to meter crush on a progression fight, I'd probably throw them out of the raid for a rep and tell them to stop being dumb.

Secondly, who cares? So an entire guild can get good weapons for t3 raids after beating Greenscale once. So what? It's not like we're going to stop running the instance since the drop rates are terrible elsewhere. It's not like we instantly win fights we weren't winning. As encounter complexity and ae damage become commonplace, weapons with endurance trump the hell out of balls-to-the-wall dps weaps.

It's fine.

ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post
    This is.. Silly. Let's just go ahead and face that right now. What you are posting is silly and you are a silly, silly boy.

First off, these are not best in slot items. These are situationally best in slot for fights that have 0 raid damage. Notice the lack of endurance; if I found one of my guys wearing this trying to meter crush on a progression fight, I'd probably throw them out of the raid for a rep and tell them to stop being dumb.

Secondly, who cares? So an entire guild can get good weapons for t3 raids after beating Greenscale once. So what? It's not like we're going to stop running the instance since the drop rates are terrible elsewhere. It's not like we instantly win fights we weren't winning. As encounter complexity and ae damage become commonplace, weapons with endurance trump the hell out of balls-to-the-wall dps weaps.

It's fine.
    lol, noob.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Jerle View Post

It's fine.
    There's endurance on some of them, and endurance isn't needed depending on your spec/class, plus when it is you have enchants/essences. Saying a weapon is bad because it's lacking 30endurance but has MUCH better DPS stats is kinda dumb, however you're gonna argue about it. I do agre that it's fine though. Wish Hylas shield was on this quest and he would drop useful stuff instead too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJudge View Post
    Not at all, but if you look at things like Onyxia's head and other quests related to killing end-bosses of a game, they didn't reward a whole raid with the best item for that slot(especially weapon) for killing it one time. Onyxia had a quest for 1 person out of 40. Think about it.
    That quest chain is poorly designed and should reward you much better earlier on. I glad to hear that there's at least some sort of payoff for spinning your wheels on the earlier stuff.

The guy that created the actual quests should be fired. I've been moderate about most things, including broken quests, but the Saga chain almost made me quit the entire game because of how poorly designed it is. It's not even remotely on par with Onyxia or any other chain Blizzard created back in the day. You don't get rewarded immediately like the WANTED quests in Drought and most people don't even do the chain, so it's near impossible to get a group for without begging guildies who probably haven't even gotten to the second part after Freemarch either.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-23-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Soulwalker

So basically, for the guardians, the quest is ending with nothing but the necklace and the helm and a broken heart, and the defiants get another quest to kill greenscale and get the best weapons i've seen so far in this game? This **** is broken

WTB mage one hander from this quest.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    The staff looks bad *** though, and stats wise it would beat a 1H+OH from Greenscale because these weaps are higher level than Greenscale loot. But yeah I guess it's missing some options for looks and what not. No daggers for rogues, the tanking weapon is so generic it's kinda terrible for everyone, no shield. I'm not sure they can have more than 6rewards in a quest though. I think they should have given like a token to buy from a special vendor that only opens once you complete it, or made branch quests, like exclusive quests which each give a specific reward, so they could have made sets too(quest rewards 1h+totem, 1h+shield or 2h). Oh well, maybe for the Saga of the Abyssal when they open Hammerknell ^^.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    f that wtb less focus on everything, i swear the next tier of raiding better require like 400ish or they need to reitemize more items into having less focus >.>

Its just hard to find good spellpower gear from t2's to replace focus gear.
    Last edited by Gumdrawp; 03-24-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    That quest chain is poorly designed and should reward you much better earlier on. I glad to hear that there's at least some sort of payoff for spinning your wheels on the earlier stuff.

The guy that created the actual quests should be fired. I've been moderate about most things, including broken quests, but the Saga chain almost made me quit the entire game because of how poorly designed it is. It's not even remotely on par with Onyxia or any other chain Blizzard created back in the day. You don't get rewarded immediately like the WANTED quests in Drought and most people don't even do the chain, so it's near impossible to get a group for without begging guildies who probably haven't even gotten to the second part after Freemarch either.
    Sounds to me like a proper vanilla quest chain, what was the question?

Plane Touched

So let me get this straight. We're complaining about 1 of our of 13 to 14 slots that can have a best in slot item. And one of them we get from a long quest that requires a raid?

There's a problem in this, right? It's there. I just can't see it.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by elelish View Post
    So basically, for the guardians, the quest is ending with nothing but the necklace and the helm and a broken heart, and the defiants get another quest to kill greenscale and get the best weapons i've seen so far in this game? This **** is broken
    You forget the part where Defiants need it to be competitive.

Soulwalker

Well, the defiants on my server (broodmother - german server) are pretty bad, so yea, ofc they need it. still unfair thou..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast