+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rapid Assault Achievements.

Soulwalker

Default Rapid Assault Achievements.

Fun times.

Me and my progression guildies have never gotten any of these RA: %DUNGEONNAME achievements. Neither have we actually tried pushing for one.

But I'm curious; Do the timer start at first trash combat, counting to the last boss? Or does it start at first boss fight, and only count the time it takes to down the boss?

I would guess its the latter, taken into consideration the Iron Tombs achievement.

"Defeat all bosses on expert difficulty within 25 minutes of first combat."

Iron tomb offers 6 bosses, with a fair amount of trash between entrance and first boss (spider / Caor), between Three kings and Bonelord and Ragnoth, and the 4 packs in the basement.

25 / 6 = 4 minutes 10 seconds for each boss (not counting trash)

Tier 1 bosses have ~150k HP.

That means your group needs to put out at least 600 DPS, which should be easily overcome-able with 3 dps / 2 dps, 1 support.

Hmm, I guess I answered my own question really....

Banned

I don't think these achievements are geared towards realistic goals. I think they were just thrown in the game with arbitrary times and will need to be adjusted as Trion gets more information on how fast people can do the instances.

For instance, the rapid assault IT is 25 minutes, with a fully T2 geared tank, over 3k ST DPS (~10k+ aoe), and just me healing last night without stopping and pulling from 3-5 pulls at once, we finished it in 30-35. It was the fastest run of IT I have ever witnessed. There's no way outside of everyone being full greenscale gear that you would be able to reduce that by a large amount. It was pretty challenging to heal through that and the easiest part was the bosses (only had to keep hots up, no big heals, no cooldowns except HB).

Actually you are incorrect, we are very close to doing that achievement, yesterday it took us 26 minutes 31 second to complete IT, I'm quite sure we will do in the next two days.

Plane Touched

The problem is these achievements are easy to cheese so have very little value in my opinion. If you're in an expert at 4AM during the expert reset, it also resets the timer. So clear to the end, go do something else, then at like 3:50AM go back inside and start clearing trash to the last boss, and when the locks reset, kill last boss and get achievement. I'm also wondering if it resets if you soft reset it by exiting for 15mins.

Also I believe timer only starts on boss pull, so you can clear a lot of trash in some of the instances by skipping the first boss when possible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrtakedown View Post
    Actually you are incorrect, we are very close to doing that achievement, yesterday it took us 26 minutes 31 second to complete IT, I'm quite sure we will do in the next two days.
    Doing that in ~30 mins is not sufficient for rapid assault but AP's rapid assault is a joke. And DSM? 40 minutes? Seems a bit low for a 7-boss instance.

I'm not saying it's impossible to do it in 25. I'm saying it's an unrealistic goal for a rapid assault achievement. 30-35 minutes is sufficiently fast. These achievements were made pre-having lots of 50s in alpha and have NEVER been adjusted. They were guesses.

They could just take completion metrics and re-tool these times for the top 15-20% in speed being sufficient.
    Last edited by jMerliN; 03-23-2011 at 07:54 AM.

The DSM rapid assault seems impossible to me. The others are doable given practice and gear and an ideal group.

Achievements are achievements for a reason-- you're not supposed to just walk into getting nearly all dungeon achievements.

There supposed to be the "extras" added in to challenge people who have already done all content etc.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ethix View Post
    Achievements are achievements for a reason-- you're not supposed to just walk into getting nearly all dungeon achievements.

There supposed to be the "extras" added in to challenge people who have already done all content etc.
    While achievements are just extra stuff, there's no point to have extra stuff that is basically unobtainable.

Zor

I will say that the intent of the rapid assault achievements are for them to be extremely challenging even fully decked out in the gear that those dungeons provide. The time limits are based on our internal testing and we have no plans for immediate changes. But that's not to say we couldn't make adjustments in the future.
    -Berenger Fish-
    Dungeons & Raids Lead

Rift Disciple

Nah, they're set to ok times.

It's about skipping as much of the dungeon as possible, and being able to continually pull what you need to and keep moving.

FC is a good one to start with, because you can skip like half the trash in there, as well as 2 bosses at once.
    Last edited by Cody900; 03-23-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Rift Disciple

Some of them are set to ok times, like expert lantern hook for example others aren't, 25 minutes for expert iron tombs? i've run this with a T2 group several times pulling 2-3 packs at a time through the entire dungeon and only finished in 45. I could see with some tweaks getting down to maybe 35 but 25? Exceedingly unlikely.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ethix View Post

this

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zor View Post
    I will say that the intent of the rapid assault achievements are for them to be extremely challenging even fully decked out in the gear that those dungeons provide. The time limits are based on our internal testing and we have no plans for immediate changes. But that's not to say we couldn't make adjustments in the future.
    The intention is fine and well. I'm saying that in some experts even massively outgearing them (full T2 vs IT, the easiest T1) and being extremely aggressive without making any mistakes, it's still VERY difficult to get within 5 minutes of the achievement time. Then on some others, you can do it in a normal no-wipe run so long as people don't take long breaks, not even trying to do it quickly and without outgearing the zone (T2 instances, no less).

Some seem completely and utterly ridiculous, such as DSM's. These don't appear accurate to the proper difficulty of the dungeon and around a speed-run of even an overgeared party.

Quote Originally Posted by Derath View Post
    Some of them are set to ok times, like expert lantern hook for example others aren't, 25 minutes for expert iron tombs? i've run this with a T2 group several times pulling 2-3 packs at a time through the entire dungeon and only finished in 45. I could see with some tweaks getting down to maybe 35 but 25? Exceedingly unlikely.
    We got through Iron Tombs last reset in 25 minutes and 12 seconds. It sucked.

Soulwalker

I think the times are set pretty well.
    We finished AP for the first time and we got Rapid Assault.
    Dont know..after we geared a lil and passed second boss gear check it was just walk in park.

[IMG=http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/4679/20110325033216.jpg][/IMG]
    Last edited by Looria; 03-24-2011 at 06:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast