+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Finder: No thanks

Default Dungeon Finder: No thanks

Dungeon finder has proved over time to seem great, but it's not. I'm not going to name other MMO's that use it, but all you have to do is read the forums for said games and it is a failed system. I will happily use the porticulum and look for a dungeon group in the zone, or ask in the level appropriate channel. There is nothing wrong with the current system in Rift.

Rift doesn't need another reason for people to complain on the forums.

"The queues are too long"
    "There are not enough tanks looking for group"
    "I got kicked from my random dungeon "

Just the thought of it makes me glad I'm not playing said MMO.

Soulwalker

The reason the dungeon finder system was introduced in those MMOs is because the stand around and look for a group manually system isn't perfect either. It was introduced to counter complaints about it taking too long to find a group, not being able to find certain classes/roles, and getting kicked then having to stand around asking in a channel again. These complaints are all exactly the same as what you've claimed people complain about dungeon finder with.

The difference is people are sick of having to spam in a channel and have gotten used to the way dungeon finder organizes the group for you. It's just plain easier. Imo, not having dungeon finder at this point is obsolete for an MMO.

Also, what if a Dps or whatever it is happens to leave halfway through? In MMOs with dungeon finder, no problem just queue up and get one in minutes, if not seconds, while continuing to clear what you can.

I support dungeon finder.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by selkiez View Post
    The reason the dungeon finder system was introduced in those MMOs is because the stand around and look for a group manually system isn't perfect either. It was introduced to counter complaints about it taking too long to find a group, not being able to find certain classes/roles, and getting kicked then having to stand around asking in a channel again. These complaints are all exactly the same as what you've claimed people complain about dungeon finder with.

The difference is people are sick of having to spam in a channel and have gotten used to the way dungeon finder organizes the group for you. It's just plain easier. Imo, not having dungeon finder at this point is obsolete for an MMO.

Also, what if a Dps or whatever it is happens to leave halfway through? In MMOs with dungeon finder, no problem just queue up and get one in minutes, if not seconds, while continuing to clear what you can.

I support dungeon finder.
    Obsolete for an MMO? Goodness, that other game was your first MMO wasn't it...

There are multiple threads on this subject already and I would venture that each and every point or argument has already been presented.

Whilst I am pro Dungeon Finder there are other solutions out there and no matter how we feel we can only wait on Trion to roll out their own one.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRifter View Post
    Dungeon finder has proved over time to seem great, but it's not. I'm not going to name other MMO's that use it, but all you have to do is read the forums for said games and it is a failed system. I will happily use the porticulum and look for a dungeon group in the zone, or ask in the level appropriate channel. There is nothing wrong with the current system in Rift.

Just because there is a dungeon tool doesn't mean you are forced to use it. The bottom line is, it is not fun parsing through general chat trying to decipher the latest acronyms people associate with encounters. More often than not you are forced to stop what you are doing and focus solely on chat in the hopes of finding a group.

Boy, it sure sounds terrible to be able to check a box that puts me in a queue so I can get back to questing...sounds awful.

Forum complainers will just find something else to complain about, that doesn't mean we should exclude features to lower the "noise".

Champion

I agree there is no need for Dungeon Finder. Let your fingers do the talking.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by femmefatal View Post
    I agree there is no need for Dungeon Finder. Let your fingers do the talking.
    But...but...they'd actually have to...SOCIALIZE in an MMORPG. Wow kids don't want to be bothered with that unless its to harass the other players. I mean, really, do they ever type anything remotely constructive other than "lol nub lok at ur spec its missin 1 point, it fails, you fail, your life fails, just go die".

Goodness they all need a swift *** kicking, it's a shame you can't always tell who they are IRL, because they wouldn't dare act that way in public for fear of that happening.

Plane Walker

Very simple solution... you don't like them, DONT USE THEM.

Man you would think that was a no brainer right?

keep dungeon finder out, sorry most people are too lazy to socialize..it's rediculous you play an mmo to play with people not ignore everyone

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Achaiah View Post
    But...but...they'd actually have to...SOCIALIZE in an MMORPG. Wow kids don't want to be bothered with that unless its to harass the other players. I mean, really, do they ever type anything remotely constructive other than "lol nub lok at ur spec its missin 1 point, it fails, you fail, your life fails, just go die".

Goodness they all need a swift *** kicking, it's a shame you can't always tell who they are IRL, because they wouldn't dare act that way in public for fear of that happening.
    Yeah, cause the "I'd kick your *** in real life" argument is the coolest.

Unless I play during really off hours, my queues times are around 12 minutes as DPS, instant or near-instant when I'm queued as a tank or healer. During off hours (like 3AM on a Wednesday) I have to wait about 25 minutes as DPS. I am on a medium population server. I never just stand around or have to pay attention to it (like I would if I was broadcasting for a party without such a tool). Rather, I am doing other things and having fun while the dungeon finder takes care of the inane parts for me.

There are less tanks than healers or DPS, sure. But "not enough"? How does one qualify that claim? See my last point, by the way.

Aside from the fact that people can be kicked for a variety of reasons, this is not a negative against the dungeon finder tool, nor does it somehow lead to the conclusion that a LFD tool is somehow bad for the game. In all of the random dungeons I've participated in, I have never seen anyone kicked without merit (AFK, racial slurs, outright incredible rudeness and griefing, etc).

In the end a dungeon finder makes the game more fun and convenient. Players spend more time playing the game rather than preparing to play.
    Last edited by Somar; 03-23-2011 at 07:14 AM.

Soulwalker

I'm all for a Dungeon Finder, I have played Asheron's Call 2 and WoW since Beta. Now I am enjoying Rift most extensively. But I do agree that a Dungeon Finder will only enhance your gaming experience. I know how a 34 Bahmi Reavadin Tank, and I still have issues getting people my Level to run instances.
    Dungeon Finder I can queue, continue to quest, work on dailies, work on professions, go farming, play the AH game all while waiting to run a dungeon i want to run. No need to stare at a chat screen listen to 50% idiocracy and 50% spam while trying to decipher the few text of any importance to what I need. Yes, this is a MMO, yes I socialize, but NO I dont wanna sit in 1 spot and spam and fill chat even more for nothing after 20-40min then give up.

General of Telara

That's cool and all but for those of us not desperately looking for things to complain about think it's a fantastic system that rift players are going to love.
    Last edited by dooby; 03-23-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Looking forward to the dungeon finder and not having to stop everything im doing, sit in meridian and spam multiple channels for hours to find a group.

I spent 30 minutes looking for a group!!!! Ok, did it ever cross your mind people just don't want to run a instance? Even with the friends I have made through grouping up, it's kind of, run it once, do the quests, don't run it again. It sucks, but you don't have to run dungeons, as the gear is really only blue with maybe a stat you don't normally get through questing till a level or two later. With classes already getting nerfed cause of PvP and a DF in the pipes... looks like we are back in Azeroth.
    Aalim "Killer of Infidels" ali Urwatuwusqa - wait wut?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast