+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Never received epic shard from an invasion.

Shadowlander

Default Never received epic shard from an invasion.

So I was wondering, I have never once gotten an epic sourceshard from an invasion. I participate in the initial phases and almost always have a full bar of contribution on the boss.

Am I just unlucky? Or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Rift Disciple

from major invasions only

edit: quite possibly extremely rare from lesser invasions
    Last edited by Xecute; 03-23-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Guild Master of <stay small Nerds>

Large (auto quest) invasion rewards are also apprently affected by the number of Wardstones you keep up.

To be successful and stand a better chance of getting an epic ensure that 3/3 of your stones are still up when the boss goes down, this can be hard since people think Rifts are where the fun is at, however soloing invasions (even minor ones) is faster and provides much much more planarite.

It's tricky since Trion wont give us an official voice on this theory, but I believe it makes perfect sense, we work as a team within the zone or we leave...with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupot View Post
    Large (auto quest) invasion rewards are also apprently affected by the number of Wardstones you keep up.

To be successful and stand a better chance of getting an epic ensure that 3/3 of your stones are still up when the boss goes down, this can be hard since people think Rifts are where the fun is at, however soloing invasions (even minor ones) is faster and provides much much more planarite.

It's tricky since Trion wont give us an official voice on this theory, but I believe it makes perfect sense, we work as a team within the zone or we leave...with nothing.
    Me (tank) and a mage (healer) friend covered a trail yesterday in Shimmering where a nonstop invasion force of 5+ mobs were coming every 30 seconds. It took us about 15 mins before they finally stopped coming, and I checked my Rift loot for a nice 4k+ Planarite and over 24 items.

I also got an Ancient Sourcestone when the event ended with a win.

Champion of Telara

Events that involve defending Wardstones can never drop the epic shards.

The events that can drop epic shards are very rare. In fact I haven't seen any in the last 3 weeks, not counting the newbie zones where they seem to be going on at all times. I assume these events are still tied to the population in some way and I guess that means there are still more people in newbie land.

If you want to get these events to pop more often, convince people to AFK in the zone of your choice instead of say, Meridian. I suspect people AFK in Meridian contributes to the number of people in Freemarch, which is why epic events are always happening there.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
    Events that involve defending Wardstones can never drop the epic shards.
    They can and do. It's just that most of the time people don't defend the Wardstones right to the end, meaning no purple. It's particularly problematic when you've got a population imbalance in a contested zone, since it's really hard to defend the other faction's Wardstones.

Champion of Telara

In zones like Stillmoore sometimes the rift don't spawn any invasions. You can still complete any colossal event that only requires sealing rifts (the boss still spawns). In this case there is no possibility of losing any wardstone, but I don't see anyone getting a purple for beating those events either. Now if you want to say 'it's just really rare even when you defended all wardstones", then I can't disprove that, but it must be so rare they you might as well treat it as if it never happens.

Champion

I don't see any way to get the epic shards in the last zones. At first I thought you had to wait for the big event (which is how you get every other epic shard), like the sky turns dark and evil things happen, but I got the achievement for killing all the colossi in Simmersands and Iron Pine and there isn't actually a major event in those zones, so no epic shard. Past scarwood, there's no major events, only the minor ones. That strikes me as a big oversight...
    Last edited by Doddler; 03-23-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Doddler View Post
    I don't see any way to get the epic shards in the last zones. At first I thought you had to wait for the big event (which is how you get every other epic shard), like the sky turns dark and evil things happen, but I got the achievement for killing all the colossi in Simmersands and Iron Pine and there isn't actually a major event in those zones, so no epic shard. Past scarwood, there's no major events, only the minor ones. That strikes me as a big oversight...
    Well since the purple events have no associated achievement you cannot tell if they're just too rare or they don't exist. Either way I've never seen any purple-class event past Scarwood. If they exist, it's too rare to be observed.

So wait a minute I am getting mixed messages here. Are there, or are there not people who been awarded ancient sourcestones?

People above in the thread said they did recieve one by making sure no wardstone fell?

Quote Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
    In zones like Stillmoore sometimes the rift don't spawn any invasions. You can still complete any colossal event that only requires sealing rifts (the boss still spawns). In this case there is no possibility of losing any wardstone, but I don't see anyone getting a purple for beating those events either. Now if you want to say 'it's just really rare even when you defended all wardstones", then I can't disprove that, but it must be so rare they you might as well treat it as if it never happens.
    I have never seen a major invasion spawn in a zone above Scarwood. The two major invasions that I've seen are Jakub in Freemarch and the generators in Scarwood. I got 2 purple sourcestones from Freemarch and 1 from Scarwood. The system works fine.

The problem is that the major invasions don't appear to spawn in IPP, Still and Shimmer. I think I have more than 10 blue sourcestones from IPP and Shimmer though and those invasions spawn all the time, especially in IPP. The Stillmoor invasions were broken all weekend when I pushed to 50, so I can't speak about them though.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-23-2011 at 11:09 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Rift Chaser

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    I have never seen a major invasion spawn in a zone above Scarwood. The two major invasions that I've seen are Jakub in Freemarch and the generators in Scarwood. I got 2 purple sourcestones from Freemarch and 1 from Scarwood. The system works fine.

The problem is that the major invasions don't appear to spawn in IPP, Still and Shimmer. I think I have more than 10 blue sourcestones from IPP and Shimmer though and those invasions spawn all the time, especially in IPP. The Stillmoor invasions were broken all weekend when I pushed to 50, so I can't speak about them though.
    They exist, and Ive been in a bunch of them. Im thinking Defending the wardstones becomes a higher priority since most people want to just close the rifts.

Exclamation Boss?

Did you make sure you did your part on killing the boss of the invasion?
    I n t h e w a r f r o n t s h e a l i n g y o u r b u t t o c k s o f f

Rift Chaser

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphix View Post
    Yes i did, ever major invasion ive encountered, ive been there from start to finish including the final boss.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphix View Post
    Not necessary to get a purple. I've gotten purples without ever having gotten closer to the end boss than half the zone away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast