+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dispelling

Ascendant

Default Dispelling

I suppose I'm not understanding how dispelling is supposed to work. I play a Chloromancer, and I'm fighting against Majolic the Bloodwalker. Apparently I'm supposed to dispel something, but I can't see what it's supposed to be. I imagine it's supposed to be Infected Blood, as that's doing a ton of damage, but Nature's Cleansing (remove a curse, disease or poison effect) is not doing anything. We start dying because everyone's taking 2k damage a second.

What am I supposed to do?

Plane Touched

Target the person with a debuff(right side of the buff bar) and dispel him. Majolic casts an initial debuff on someone, then every 2seconds that debuff applies another debuff which is a stacking dot to everyone around. If you don't dispel quickly when the first spell is applied, you'll have trouble catching up on the dispels because the additional debuffs will "cover" further applications meaning you'll have to dispel everything one by one slowly. Dispel quickly and the fight is a cakewalk. Helps if you pick the full dispel from 12dom too as a chloro, so if you fall behind, you throw that on whoever has the initial debuff and it'll also clear all stacks of the dot(45secs cooldown though you can only fail once or twice). When I used to play chloro, I had a 34chloro/32lock spec for pure healing, and a 40ish chloro, 16dom, 10necro(or something close) for utility, with the necro purge, dom full dispel, dom reflect, dom 25%attackspeed reduction.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-23-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Have the party leader switch to a raid. Pull the raid window to the middle of the screen and you've got the perfect way to quickly track everyone's health and debuffs. Make a mouseover macro for your cleansing spell and bind it to something easily accessible like a side mouse button. Majolic fight is a breeze with this setup.

Quote Originally Posted by shiningfury View Post
    Have the party leader switch to a raid. Pull the raid window to the middle of the screen and you've got the perfect way to quickly track everyone's health and debuffs. Make a mouseover macro for your cleansing spell and bind it to something easily accessible like a side mouse button. Majolic fight is a breeze with this setup.
    Good advice. Can also just roll a cleric and spec Sentinal for their aoe dispel that, if it doesn't get nerfed in 1.1, I'd be stunned.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Rift Chaser

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Good advice. Can also just roll a cleric and spec Sentinal for their aoe dispel that, if it doesn't get nerfed in 1.1, I'd be stunned.

Why would it? Its on a 10 second cooldown, I cant mindlessly spam it.

+ Reply to Thread