+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grand Apiarist Orban

Telaran

Default Grand Apiarist Orban

Just wanna say, great encounter, we're all in T2 gear, and my group still wiped twice, really fun, although i wish he did more once you break the hives.

Still, before the hives were broken that was really hard
    Last edited by omgacow; 03-22-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Eh, just need some good aoe to take down the insects right away.
    and hope the tank doesn't allow adds to hit party members for more than 2 seconds

I have a good tactic on tanking that boss.

On first hive the tank should use most of his cd. Especially aoe taunt and aoe effect on ground.
    Then when first Hive is down the tank should go alone over and hug the second hive while the group go into Middle to nuke the second Hive.

Tank in the middle.
    1 AOE saboteur should be enough to nuke the adds before the other spawn.
    There are only 6 waves.
    If you are running cookie cutter dps, he should be down before the 5th wave of adds.

Must say i pugged this boss with some random fresh dinged players (pug) and went on a 23 wipe streak then we called it.

Was fun tho i really liked it

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
    Still, before the hives were broken that was really hard
    On the subject of broken hives we killed one of the hives last night to half the spawns, killed the boss and moved on only to be stuck in combat with the other hive. Either have it keep spawning adds or don't give it an agro table. Seems a bit stupid to give an inanimate object a threat table.

Left feedback in game but since i'm a mage it'll be filled in the bin so if someone from another calling can verify this that'd be just swell.

All times that i tanked it in pugs, we ignored hives. I switched to pal/reaver/war role, stayed back to one of the hives, all group behind boss. I catched each wave with plaguebringer+dots, then group aoed adds. As was mentioned before, there are only so many waves, then they stop coming (but message still appears).
    But you definitely need strong off-heal or even second heal, plus decent aoe.
    Life is eternal. A lifetime is ephemeral.

+ Reply to Thread