+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This dye is driving me insane.

Shadowlander

Default This dye is driving me insane.

I just achieved level 50. Hurray! Had a bunch of neat clothes set aside for this level with plans to dye them certain colors and what not. I wanted to look a certain way.

Find out, that the dye problem persists up through level 50 and that the dye color you want is normally not what you get.

I understand this might not matter to many people, but the game is very dark. I understand. We're fighting a dragon/demon who is bent on destroying the world. But, also, I am the light in this dark place and I'm bringing the ascended towards this darkness. (For all u rp people)

But when I try to look the part, it fails. Because everything I try to dye looks so much darker than what it says. I even purchased white dye to try on certain pieces of clothing. Light grey dye has the same effect. Some clothing even turned black.

Wow, really?

I don't like it. I hate it actually. I buy light red dye, thinking ok maybe something pinkish, but no, its more like brown. Okay, I try magenta dye, thinking I know what magenta is (and I do) and no, its purple. So dark you can barely even make out the purple.

Then on my way from here to there I see NPCS standing around with clothing colored EXACTLY how you would describe them to other people. Oh, that ones wearing red or white or brown or whatever color. Look for them, they have ur quest.

Not so for me. They flaunt there PERFECT colors and im stuck with this crap. I wanted to say something worse, that is how bad this bothers me.

I'm not really sure why, perhaps its because I like my colors and want to wear them and not be tricked into dying something a color that is not what is on the box. I swear if I ordered light red from the cataloge of some clothing company and I got back something brown I would be furious. And I am. I hate this dye and I hate it.

I also dislike most of the clothing styles and very much more than that, but that is not for here.

So, lets just try to make NEW dyes next patch that match what you SAY they are supposed to or I'm just out of time for you.

I don't like being lied to, especially about something I care so much about.

Good day.

Rift Disciple

Yes, please stop fixing broken dungeon mechanics and security issues. Do not add the next raid content. Forget about class balance issues.

Let this guy or girl look pretty darn it.!!!
    Last edited by Sauceage; 03-22-2011 at 12:53 PM.

Shadowlander

What's your gamma at in the game options? I turned my ingame gamma and the colors are still a little dark, but it really helps.

I don't know if it'll edge toward the results you desire, but it can't hurt to try it.

Rift Disciple

Just relax and wait for a month or two and they will get to it. It is not something that is likely even close to being on their radar.

Waaaay more important stuff will be addressed before this.

On a side not, I do agree the dye system needs work.

Qwn

I support looking pretty.

We pay the same sub fee's everyone else does. We should have our dye look the colour it's described as when we pay xx Gold for each one.

Magenta is a deep royal purple in game. That isnt right.
    Goodbye 70g per dye! =(

The dye's are off somewhat, the vendor colours I found look basically right though. When I zone in and out of places though the colours change. My purple is deep burgundy! My red hair is streaked green! I relog and all is well once again.

I checked my monitor colours and have a high end graphics card and most colours are about right. The only one that I saw way off was Magenta that is crafted. I had also hoped light purple or light red would be pinkish but they are just lighter red and lighter purple. Sucks but basically look as described, I still held out hope for some pink!

Also, I got a pair of chain boots that were silver- the light purple dye shows up a pinkish purple. But on the darker armor its a lilac so what the original colour base is will effect the outcome.

I support your grumble though!

Look for light coloured armor and try the light purple, check your settings and graphics to make sure your set up properly cause red doesnt look brown on my end.

Good luck =)

~Good Girls are Bad Girls that don't get caught~
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ Queen~Qwn ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    ......Cynical Guild~ 10/11 HK~Shatterbone~ PVE........

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnibolt View Post
    I just achieved level 50. Hurray! Had a bunch of neat clothes set aside for this level with plans to dye them certain colors and what not. I wanted to look a certain way.

Find out, that the dye problem persists up through level 50 and that the dye color you want is normally not what you get.

I understand this might not matter to many people, but the game is very dark. I understand. We're fighting a dragon/demon who is bent on destroying the world. But, also, I am the light in this dark place and I'm bringing the ascended towards this darkness. (For all u rp people)

But when I try to look the part, it fails. Because everything I try to dye looks so much darker than what it says. I even purchased white dye to try on certain pieces of clothing. Light grey dye has the same effect. Some clothing even turned black.

Wow, really?

I don't like it. I hate it actually. I buy light red dye, thinking ok maybe something pinkish, but no, its more like brown. Okay, I try magenta dye, thinking I know what magenta is (and I do) and no, its purple. So dark you can barely even make out the purple.

Then on my way from here to there I see NPCS standing around with clothing colored EXACTLY how you would describe them to other people. Oh, that ones wearing red or white or brown or whatever color. Look for them, they have ur quest.

Not so for me. They flaunt there PERFECT colors and im stuck with this crap. I wanted to say something worse, that is how bad this bothers me.

I'm not really sure why, perhaps its because I like my colors and want to wear them and not be tricked into dying something a color that is not what is on the box. I swear if I ordered light red from the cataloge of some clothing company and I got back something brown I would be furious. And I am. I hate this dye and I hate it.

I also dislike most of the clothing styles and very much more than that, but that is not for here.

So, lets just try to make NEW dyes next patch that match what you SAY they are supposed to or I'm just out of time for you.

I don't like being lied to, especially about something I care so much about.

Good day.
    sont vous franšais?

and why is this post in rundeons and raids section?

Ascendant

It depends on the particular piece. Some of my level 50 leather is very dark with dye. The higher quality stuff that looks more like metal than leather tends to be brighter. The Raid set, f.e.x, probably dyes to very bright colors.
    Pessimistick - <Esti Efiu> - Mage - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Esti Efiu> - Rogue - Guardian - Sunrest
    Uchimata - <Esti Efiu> - Cleric - Guardian - Sunrest
    Noppi - <Esti Efiu> - Warrior - Guardian - Sunrest
    Ippon - <Spike Flail> - Ner'zhul

At least they have dye in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    Yes, please stop fixing broken dungeon mechanics and security issues. Do not add the next raid content. Forget about class balance issues.

Let this guy or girl look pretty darn it.!!!
    Raids suck, PvP balance sucks, it's the LEAST they could do...

+ Reply to Thread