+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about toughness

Telaran

Default question about toughness

So I understand to tank expert you need toughness and you should get it to 50, as that will reduce the "extra damage from crits" by 100%.

my question is then, is there any benifit if I went over 50 toughness? more precisely I wish to know if toughness work on which of the following ways? (or none of the two and I'm totally wrong, and please right me)

say the mob hits for 1000 normal, and crits for 100% extra so 2000. I had 50 toughness and he will crit on me just as hard as normal hit. Now I get say 75 toughness so 150% reduce "extra damage from crits". do i:
    A: still get crit for 1000, since all the "extra" damage of the crit is already removed with 50 toughness. or
    B: get crit for 500(which is even less then normal so i dont think so), because i get 2000-1000*150%=500

if it works like A, then is there any point to get toughness over 50, like there will be mobs that do more than a 100% extra on crits (say 110% crit, so normal hit for 1000, and full crit for 2100)?

thanks

Rift Chaser

No idea to be honest, but the question is more of entertaining perspective only. Why? Because improving your tank gear will improve your toughness. As it stands right now you really dont get option do i get this tank piece with dodge OR toughness. Not to mention you goal in any tier right now is to reach next tier "cap". So you can go do that.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    No idea to be honest, but the question is more of entertaining perspective only. Why? Because improving your tank gear will improve your toughness. As it stands right now you really dont get option do i get this tank piece with dodge OR toughness. Not to mention you goal in any tier right now is to reach next tier "cap". So you can go do that.
    not 100% true, at least in my case: I now have an epic leg with overall better bonuses but no toughness from raid quest, and the blue crafted leg, which have 25 toughness on it. I am using the blue because without it I will be below 50 toughtness. however if I get the chest with 25 toughness with badges, then I need to know the answer to my question above to make the decision between the two. I do beleive this kind of problem will still be around as I get into higher tier gears.

For t1 experts, you need 50 toughness for crits to deal no extra damage, but when you step into t2 I believe you need 100, and for Greenscale you need 150. Hit works the same way, 100 for t1, 150 for t2, 200 for Greenscale. Crits will not do less damage then normal hits if you are over the toughness cap for the area. I have bosses hit me for 1200 then I see a crit for 1200 all the time.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    For t1 experts, you need 50 toughness for crits to deal no extra damage, but when you step into t2 I believe you need 100, and for Greenscale you need 150. Hit works the same way, 100 for t1, 150 for t2, 200 for Greenscale. Crits will not do less damage then normal hits if you are over the toughness cap for the area. I have bosses hit me for 1200 then I see a crit for 1200 all the time.
    Thank you very much, this totally clear things up for me.

+ Reply to Thread