+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Fresh 50(high 40s) to expert dungeons.

Rift Chaser

Default [GUIDE] Fresh 50(high 40s) to expert dungeons.

Fresh 50(high 40s) to expert dungeon Guide.

This is not game breaking info but a lot of information in this post took me a while to get. This is just a compilations of things fresh 50 or high 40 need to know and do in order to be expert dungeon ready asap. I think a lot of people are in need of this based on what I see on my server.

So you are lvl 48+ in quest greens, maybe few LH blues. What to do next?

1) From 48-50 level by
    a) running CC/AP dungeons they give good 20% of a lvl a run (Ap gives a little less)
    b) Farming rifts in group for planarite/essences. Goal is to have 7500 planarite by 50.

2) Once you reach 50, with AP/CC quest gear/drop you should have 4-7 lvl 48 blues. Next steps:
    a) Get 2 lvl 50 rings and lvl 50 neck from notoriety.
    - Icewatch and Order Mathos both sell lvl 50 blue rings which are as good as 90% of t1 rings. It only requires Decorated, so if you did any quests and ran any AP you will have required notoriety.
    - Dragonkeepers (Shimmersand/CC faction) sell blue necks lvl 50.
    - I canít log in now so I will update cords of vendors once I get home.
    b) Get Sigil of the Five? ( ill double check name, 4 lesser 2 greater planar focus) for 7500 planarite sold in Sanctum (Sorry defiants, donít know you location) right under the artifact guy.
    - Buy 2 greater essence of AH lvl 42( or might have some already), Most of them are fairly cheap 1p or so. (Notable exception is death damage + heal one, where lvl 32 version is better, so it seems) Use common sense here, for w/e you going to do weather it is tanking healing or dps. I trust you can figure out which ones to get.
    - 4 lesser essences: you might have some, some might be on AH, but very rare. Fastest way I found is to farm ancient sourceshards. Hopefull you ran into a few from 40 to 50, rest can be easily gotten though invasions in Iron peak, Shimersand and Stillmoor. Usually people call them out in global channel. Using them you can buy lvl 44/43 blue lesser essences from Rare planar vendors in Iron peak (2 shards each) or Stillmoor/Shimmer (3 shards each).
    c) Crafted gear. Depending on how much money you got you might afford a few crafted epics, if not there are blue chest/legs for every calling which are VERY good and can almost rival t1 epic gear. They arenít very expensive to make It should run you 5 plat or so most per piece and is more then worth it. I am still using blue tanking chest tanking t2 content for example. There are a few blue weapons out there as well but I donít have solid info on that.
    d) Side note for tanks: You want to hit 50 toughness before you start t1. It is not necessary but it helps. So definitely get 25 toughness chest and 13 toughness legs, and add 10-15 toughness rune to chest. That will put you at 48-53 toughness with very little effort. Add in a random toughness drop from CC/AP and you are solid.

3) Runes Ė Runes are cheap and they help, go and rune all your gear. I am not going to go too far into runes here, the AH set up for them is horrible it might take you some time to figure out which runes to get. Might want to ask some advice on this one. If you cant afford best ones there are tons of cheap lvl 38ish ones that are dirt cheap and not much worse.

Ok now your gear starts to look decent, 2-3 greens is a non issue for t1 donít worry about it. This all can be achieved right as you hit 50 if you were preparing from 48-50 like buying runes/rings/neck had planarite and shards.

4) Fix your specs
    a) get rid of your lvling specs (or add to them) Sure the rogue melee build with RS for 30% heal after each mob is great for leveling, but pretty horrible for expert dungeons. Check out tons of forum posts on dps specs, ask guildies friends, use your judgement.
    b) If you are dps, GET RANGE SPEC. This is very important. Yes it is possible to do all t1 as melee, but it is harder and it is burden on your healers. If you do not have large mmo experience you will die on a lot of bosses or you will stress you healers, which if they arenít top notch will cause a wipe. Some bosses, I simply donít see how melee can be of any real use, but I might be wrong, since I havenít really tried.
    c) Get other roles specs: If you are a rogue get a bard spec, even if you are coming as dps, few bosses are so healing intensive it is easier to power through them with 3 healers (3rd boss in KB come to mind, there are a few others) If you are mage have chloro etc. And at least spent 20-30 min trying it out so you are somewhat familiar with it.
    d) Check your dps, get a meter or find some one with a meter to help you. You should be aiming for at least 500 dps on target dummy once you fix you gear with stops above. It is possible to do more as fresh 50 but 500 will get you through most of T1. If You do not meet 500 dps, check your spec/rotation something is very off, even gimped rogue class in gimped melee spec can come close to 600 as fresh 50.
    e) If you are a healer get mana potions. They WILL save you countless wipes until your gear improves.

5)Go kill some t1 bosses.

Hope this helps.

Wow great post going to have to look into this.

Rift Disciple

Thanks for this! I would also add getting the cap level 50 puzzles and cairns to help get rid of greens.
    Nihilism <Enigmatic Few> Sunrest
    Put your seatbelt on. You want to end up like Gary Busey?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Akeldama View Post
    Thanks for this! I would also add getting the cap level 50 puzzles and cairns to help get rid of greens.
    Ya well WTB edit fuction but yes you are right on the money. I even had that in my head when i was setting to write this but then it sliped out.

Rift Chaser

UPDATE:
    (no edit sucks)

Few things i missed in main post:
    1) At 50 go do puzzles and cairns in Iron peak, Shimmer and Stillmoor. If you are lucky you get s afew good pieces to use.
    2) There are rune you can buy for notoriety, the easy to get ones are head runes from Scarwood notoriety, leg runes from Arcane hand notoriety and belt runes from Runeguard (highlands)

Telaran

very nice guide, I find it very helpful. would be perfect if went into a bit more detail, but at this stage of the game, this is already very good.

get a question, in your post you wrote "So definitely get 25 toughness chest and 13 toughness legs, and add 10-15 toughness rune to chest." I don't know where to get the 25 toughness chest (for warrior), and rune to put on it, could you clearify on this point a bit mroe please?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMQ View Post
    very nice guide, I find it very helpful. would be perfect if went into a bit more detail, but at this stage of the game, this is already very good.

get a question, in your post you wrote "So definitely get 25 toughness chest and 13 toughness legs, and add 10-15 toughness rune to chest." I don't know where to get the 25 toughness chest (for warrior), and rune to put on it, could you clearify on this point a bit mroe please?
    They are both crafted, check AH, ask in general chat, ask guild they are blue recipes so they fairly common now.
    I don't remember the rune name of top of my head sorry.
    Last edited by Deathfairy; 03-22-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Deathfairy View Post
    They are both crafted, check AH, ask in general chat, ask guild they are blue recipes so they fairly common now.
    I don't remember the rune name of top of my head sorry.
    I am armorsmith myself, and I noted there is no blue plate chest recipes with toughtness, there is a leg one "Orichalcum Cuisses" with 25 toughtness, is that it?

Rift Chaser

I am armorsmith myself, and I noted there is no blue plate chest recipes with toughtness, there is a leg one "Orichalcum Cuisses" with 25 toughtness, is that it?
    Maybe warriors are abit different however i am sure they have at very least equivalent to rogue gear. 25 toughness legs sound right, i am 99% sure there should be another crafted blue with toughness on it for wars however.

Telaran

Maybe warriors are abit different however i am sure they have at very least equivalent to rogue gear. 25 toughness legs sound right, i am 99% sure there should be another crafted blue with toughness on it for wars however.
    Not from armorsmith I don't think. Can anyone else help me out here?

I reposted this in my shard forums, the first sentence gives you full credit for writing it and including a link to this thread.

Hope you don't mind, it's a useful bit of info!

(It's always easier to ask forgiveness then permission =)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheHangman View Post
    I reposted this in my shard forums, the first sentence gives you full credit for writing it and including a link to this thread.

Hope you don't mind, it's a useful bit of info!

(It's always easier to ask forgiveness then permission =)
    Go ahead i just felt like helping re posting gives it larger audience i am all for it.

Rift Chaser

Not from armorsmith I don't think. Can anyone else help me out here?
    Even if this is the case legs + rune puts you at 35-40 toughness that is fine, with war tanking gear much more common then rogue tank gear you should be able to cap 50 in no time. Worst case you buy t1 boots with 25 toughness for 20 plagues, wich is 3 runs or 1.5 runs + Desert queen raid.

Soulwalker

Good stuff. Thanks for the tips!

Telaran

Even if this is the case legs + rune puts you at 35-40 toughness that is fine, with war tanking gear much more common then rogue tank gear you should be able to cap 50 in no time. Worst case you buy t1 boots with 25 toughness for 20 plagues, wich is 3 runs or 1.5 runs + Desert queen raid.
    *bow and exit*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast