+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starter T1

Champion

Default Starter T1

So me and a group of friends were starting to do T1's after we found the non experts CC and AP were cakewalks. We started with Realm of the Fae, and managed to wipe first pull. After learning kind of what to do, we cleared the first two bosses (although a few wipes and rough pulls along the way), and basically got stonewalled hard by Grand Apiarist Orban. The hits were enough that with cleric + cloro the tank would still die from the boss and adds by the time the first nest came down (only about 2 waves spawned by that time too). We came to the conclusion the tank was simply taking too much damage for it to be reasonable. He has about 7800 hp and 48 toughness (not sure on other stats) and spec'd pala/war, but the gear isn't all that great and he constantly had issues dying before healers could react.

So maybe Realm of the Fae is a bad one to start with. Is there a T1 that might be considered 'entry level', or at least a bit easier than the rest?

RoTF is hard. Start off with Iron Tomb. Fights are mechanic based. Plus tank needs about 8k HP for RTF
    Do the impossible. See the invisible.
    ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWUH!

Rift Chaser

Fae is almost 1.5 at very least and hardest of all T1 dungeons, once you can clear it with decent speed you are ready for t2 content. Start with pretty much any of the other 4 LH/KB/FC/IT. The only boss that can give you alot of trouble is last boss in FC, but 5 bosses before are very easy.

I've run all t1 experts multiple times and done a few t2's.

Bosses have never really been a problem. It's the trash! The trash is usually the healing intense part of the instances! Maybe it's because I've never seen any CC at all go out before a pull.

Anyway, I healed IT / FC / LH with pretty much CC/AP normal gear / quest items. At some bosses I had a rogueboy go bard so I had to focus less on group healing.

Honestly I was amazed and stoked when I went to RotF exp for the first time. The trash pulls were insane! I had to heal like no tomorrow. The bosses however were no different from any other t1 from what I could tell. Which was a downer.

Gonna start getting some real t2 runs going this weekend, hoping for some ballbusting healing! :>

Champion of Telara

it/lh are probably your best starting choices. rotf is almost a t2 in terms of difficulty
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Champion

Thanks for the help guys, we'll try out iron tomb and see how it goes.

Rift Disciple

In terms of difficulty (ignoring all tactics cause they shouldn't be a problem if you work it out):

T1:
    FC
    IT
    LH
    KB
    RotF

T2:
    RD
    DD
    AP
    CC
    DM

The only reason I put DM last is because of the 2 DPS checks in there, being Gatekeeper and the Caretaker, Gatekeeper the worst, plus it's pretty much the hardest hitting trash, and loads of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wkote View Post
    I've run all t1 experts multiple times and done a few t2's.

Bosses have never really been a problem. It's the trash! The trash is usually the healing intense part of the instances! Maybe it's because I've never seen any CC at all go out before a pull.

Anyway, I healed IT / FC / LH with pretty much CC/AP normal gear / quest items. At some bosses I had a rogueboy go bard so I had to focus less on group healing.

Honestly I was amazed and stoked when I went to RotF exp for the first time. The trash pulls were insane! I had to heal like no tomorrow. The bosses however were no different from any other t1 from what I could tell. Which was a downer.

Gonna start getting some real t2 runs going this weekend, hoping for some ballbusting healing! :>
    You may have been geared that way, but your tank must've been very well geared.

I've tried healing experts with basically AP/CC gear and it was no go with groups who were equally geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody900 View Post
    In terms of difficulty (ignoring all tactics cause they shouldn't be a problem if you work it out):

T1:
    FC
    IT
    LH
    KB
    RotF

T2:
    RD
    DD
    AP
    CC
    DM

The only reason I put DM last is because of the 2 DPS checks in there, being Gatekeeper and the Caretaker, Gatekeeper the worst, plus it's pretty much the hardest hitting trash, and loads of it.
    This has to get posted in game somewhere because most people have no idea and it's not their fault.
    Last edited by HighFive; 03-23-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    You may have been geared that way, but your tank must've been very well geared.

I've tried healing experts with basically AP/CC gear and it was no go with groups who were equally geared.

This has to get posted in game somewhere because most people have no idea and it's not their fault.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...perts....-Help

i go by what is posted in 4th post and it has worked out pretty well for me and my running mates.

+ Reply to Thread