+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Expert Dungeons - What we should know?

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    51

    Default Expert Dungeons - What we should know?

    Hail,

    Could someone write the gear preparation for these expert dungeons?

    T1, how much toughness our tank should have, we should always carry an offhealer? Bards are enough?
    How much DPS needed? All these vital things for an expert dungeon, T1 & T2 pls.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Tier 1

    50+ Toughness for Tanks
    100~ Hit or Focus for DPS

    Offhealer isnt needed for Trash but comes in handy for bosses. If your gearlevel is low it wont hurt to have a Cleric and a Chloromancer to heal through boss encounters. Bard is more for groups with a bit better gear because his heal output isnt that high. At the start be sure to bring some CC as well because it helps tremendously if the gear isnt that good yet.

    Tier 2

    100+ Toughness for Tanks
    150+ Hit or Focus for DPS

    Trash is the same as in T1 just a bit more HP. CC is recommended for groups with more than 3 mobs or if they have a big guy in them. Bard as offhealer is usualy enough here since alot of bosses have damage stops in movement phases and are a DPS race.
    Last edited by Sepix; 03-22-2011 at 02:24 AM.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Thanks so much for your reply, very helpfull, CC what means..?

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Crowd Control.

    Squirrel, Sap, Fear and so on.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Fluffycalico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepix View Post
    Tier 1


    Trash is the same as in T1 just a bit more HP. CC is recommended for groups with more than 3 mobs or if they have a big guy in them. Bard as offhealer is usualy enough here since alot of bosses have damage stops in movement phases and are a DPS race.
    Once your tank is well geared you will almost never need CC in T1 or T2 again. Just pull the pack and aoe them down. About the only time we ever CC anymore in T2 is when we have a group on the main tank and a large single pat comes down our way when we are still fighting as that large single mob pat + a full set is not so easy to handle.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Very helpfull tips for ppl that starting now the experts, everyone should know if is well prepared to join an expert dungeon group. Our last tank had 26 toughness and some greeny items, he insisted although that he was ok to participate..
    Last edited by Vylker; 03-22-2011 at 02:42 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    My MT just pulls 3 packs and we aoe them down.

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Thread Title:

    Expert Dungeons - What we should know?
    Your Answer:

    Quote Originally Posted by Koffiegast View Post
    My MT just pulls 3 packs and we aoe them down.
    Very helpful post indeed!

  9. #9
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepix View Post
    Tier 1

    50+ Toughness for Tanks
    100~ Hit or Focus for DPS

    Offhealer isnt needed for Trash but comes in handy for bosses. If your gearlevel is low it wont hurt to have a Cleric and a Chloromancer to heal through boss encounters. Bard is more for groups with a bit better gear because his heal output isnt that high. At the start be sure to bring some CC as well because it helps tremendously if the gear isnt that good yet.

    Tier 2

    100+ Toughness for Tanks
    150+ Hit or Focus for DPS

    Trash is the same as in T1 just a bit more HP. CC is recommended for groups with more than 3 mobs or if they have a big guy in them. Bard as offhealer is usualy enough here since alot of bosses have damage stops in movement phases and are a DPS race.
    Notice a slight discrepancy between your numbers and this post:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-tohit-numbers

    Level 50 and below dungeons – No hit, focus or toughness required
    Expert 1 Dungeons – No Hit, no Focus, 50 Toughness
    Expert 2 Dungeons – 100 Hit, 100 Focus, 100 Toughness
    10 Man Rift Raids – 100 Hit, 100 Focus, 100 Toughness
    20 Man Instance Raids – 200 Hit, 200 Focus, 150 Toughness
    Can anyone confirm which numbers are indeed accurate?
    Last edited by am0nr3; 03-22-2011 at 03:16 AM.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  10. #10
    Plane Touched DreadShinobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Hit isnt required for tier 1

    Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    Notice a slight discrepancy between your numbers and this post:

    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...-tohit-numbers



    Can anyone confirm which numbers are indeed accurate?
    If you are a chloro healer you bet you want 100focus before stepping into a T1. Or roll along with a cleric healer

  12. #12
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    If you are a chloro healer you bet you want 100focus before stepping into a T1. Or roll along with a cleric healer
    Your statement would suggest everyone (minus a direct healing class) would require 100 hit/focus. The link I included suggested otherwise, as did the last poster on page 1.

    I don't know myself, as I had >100 Hit by time I entered a T1 (over 150, actually, as a Bard). What would be good to know is if I need 150/200 for T2, or is 100 is still sufficient. The link I included suggests 100 is ample; the poster a few above suggests 100 is insufficient.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    Your statement would suggest everyone (minus a direct healing class) would require 100 hit/focus. The link I included suggested otherwise, as did the last poster on page 1.

    I don't know myself, as I had >100 Hit by time I entered a T1 (over 150, actually, as a Bard). What would be good to know is if I need 150/200 for T2, or is 100 is still sufficient. The link I included suggests 100 is ample; the poster a few above suggests 100 is insufficient.
    Well, if tanks must get some toughness before being able to tank, chloros must get some focus before being able to heal, I dont see why cant you ask your DPSers to get some hit/focus

    My experience is
    - T1: Below 100 focus, you may miss/resist
    - T2: Below 150 focus, you may miss/resist
    Is up to you if you want to get that cap before going there. Those are the numbers needed to avoid getting misses. Will depend on your group setup. We like to roll cleric+chloro (or 2 chloros if our cleric is not online) on bosses, at least while learning encounters. Makes everyones life much easier. When we know the drills we go back to healer + support (archon or bard) or just healer + 3 dps, depending on the fight. This setups allows you for less gearing unless there is a serious DPS check (and I havent seen any in T1, just in some T2, and they are not that hard to beat)

    Is suppose same numbers applies to hit, but I play a mage and cannot test it

  14. #14
    Telaran Lamastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    no hit/focus is needed. I've ran IT for a few days now and the only thing you really need is a good tank with 50ish toughness. As a tank I can't say how much focus helps in T1 but we've ran with two starting mages with not much focus and still cleared the instance so it's certainly doable.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    51

    Default

    As a Bard you could raise your focus/healing with cloth items which gives intel, wisdom etc.?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts