+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Expert Dungeons - What we should know?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    always need ether bard or chloro even as a 51 point purifier I couldnt solo heal experts. Probably because Trion had the genius idea of making our group heals cost 12% of our mana pool to cast. Yea like im gonna cast a 350 mana spell when I already have to pot on every boss fight....sorry DPS if you stand in AoE ur just gonna die.
    I RARELY have to use a Mana Potion for boss fights. If you are in need of AOE, perhaps go in either of the two Healing trees that has good AOE? I haven't tried 51 pt Purifier and have barely given it thought to be honest. I have HEARD it's not that great and I really enjoy the synergies with other souls. As it is, I wouldn't blame Trion. Most people I know have no problem. You are either specced wrong, casting wrong, or your group is going in with too few stats. No offense meant
    Last edited by Brell; 03-22-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albane View Post
    I ran t2 last night with 106 hit rating and do not recall seeing any miss messages.
    This would be more in line with the post I linked to earlier, suggesting T1 = no hit/focus, T2 = 100.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Quote Originally Posted by am0nr3 View Post
    Can you link where you've read this? My spreadsheets suggest AP outweighs crit heavily.
    It's been talking about on the class forums a bit. I forgot which post it was that had the numbers for it but it's the poor scaling of AP for Bard skills that makes crit one of the best stats.

Default 51 Purifier

I am currently running a build with 51 points in purifer, a change from the warden spec I had before. I think it's all about how you use the spec TBH. Firstly, I run with a warrior tank, bard or chloro for offheals, warrior dps.

To use it, place surging flames on the tank and keep him topped off at all times. I usually keep up a renew on him and spam cast Restorative Flame unless I need to play catch up when I use more mana intense spells. Just keep pumping those spells full tilt into the tank and 60% of your overheal will spill into the party. That's how I generally keep the AOE heals going out - I never cast any unless absolutely needed and instead rely on bard/cholo AOEs and the spill from the direct heals on the tank.

For bonus points throw on Divine Cascade, make sure the renew is up and spam Healing Flame on the tank. Now you're actually putting out some half decent DPS while keeping the tank up. It's hitting T1 trash for 250+ each, get a pack of 5 and that's 1250 every two seconds from the renew tick alone - and more from your direct heals.

Take sent for the instant heal and Healing Communion for those 'oh xoox' moments. Try not to cast it though, it's stupid expensive.

So you end up with two instant cast heals, one spammable, a fast casting one, a slow one with impressive mana/heals ratio, a shield for them and one for you, a HoT, a way to make a spell crit, a way to make one instant, and several clutch skills for recovery from massive dmg.

It's a very good tree for primary heals on one char with tools to make them spread to others .

Quote Originally Posted by Themajor View Post
    It's been talking about on the class forums a bit. I forgot which post it was that had the numbers for it but it's the poor scaling of AP for Bard skills that makes crit one of the best stats.
    I'm still going to have to disagree. After some testing and extraction of formulas for the different skills, 1 AP ~= 4.6 Crit in terms of DPS/HPS.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kougar View Post
    Figured I would add a question to this post as well as it relates.

We have been taking a group into experts the last 2 weeks. I am the tank with 79 toughness 8300 hp 320 block and parry. Both DPS are parsing over 500 and we have 0 trouble on trash.

Bosses however are giving us hell. We have most of IT on farm except for Three Kings and we tried FC and the Matron encounter shredded us, no way I could tank all three.

Is there a good site for strats etc? I think we have the proper gear just not the information.
    3 kings is trivial with 20 points in sentinel for healer's covenant, just make sure tank gets agro on all 3, pop covenant right when they spawn and collect your easy win, doesn't even need a second healer.

matrons a lot harder but same concept, except the party needs to stack up and i'd recommend a bard or chloro offhealer, and watch the aoe's.

both are pretty hard as 51 warden spec as they lack oh**** buttons for the burst. cakewalk with a puri/sent or 44/22 warden/second spec.
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacelily View Post
    For bonus points throw on Divine Cascade, make sure the renew is up and spam Healing Flame on the tank. Now you're actually putting out some half decent DPS while keeping the tank up. It's hitting T1 trash for 250+ each, get a pack of 5 and that's 1250 every two seconds from the renew tick alone - and more from your direct heals.
    I have only seen Divine Cascade hit mobs for 66 or so every hit so I don't know where you are getting 250+ dmg each hit????? is this because of some kind of AE from the bard enhancing this spell or ???
    Nerneo <Old Skool>

http://www.riftoldskool.com

Quote Originally Posted by holysheetman View Post
    I have only seen Divine Cascade hit mobs for 66 or so every hit so I don't know where you are getting 250+ dmg each hit????? is this because of some kind of AE from the bard enhancing this spell or ???
    It was recently nerfed ... heavily nerfed.

Also, to confirm ...

T1: 50 focus/hit, 50 toughness
    T2: 100 focus/hit, 100 toughness
    Raid: 200 focus/hit, 150 toughness

I've seen people spouting bad information by saying that the caps are higher, but I've yet to see a parser file or combat log to support that opinion. If you disagree, please post a parser file or combat log, otherwise I'll assume that you also believe that Cleric's parry isn't capped at 20%.

You can get focus/hit/toughness gear from normal AP, normal CC and crafting professions. I wouldn't group with people who are not at these caps. Good players could probably still do the content, but in general, most people fail the content if they're under geared.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    3 kings is trivial with 20 points in sentinel for healer's covenant, just make sure tank gets agro on all 3, pop covenant right when they spawn and collect your easy win, doesn't even need a second healer.

matrons a lot harder but same concept, except the party needs to stack up and i'd recommend a bard or chloro offhealer, and watch the aoe's.

both are pretty hard as 51 warden spec as they lack oh**** buttons for the burst. cakewalk with a puri/sent or 44/22 warden/second spec.
    Most content is trivial with properly composed group of players who are both geared correctly and spec'd correctly.
    Last edited by HighFive; 04-10-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Sticky some #$%#^$# guides so that people stop asking the same question for the 100th time or posting information that is clearly wrong.
    "Death to the dragons!" -
    Defiant NPCs
    "I will do my part, but I have no desire to play the hero" -
    Kira during Unseen Agent quest chain
    "Death is the best interrupt" - Guildie one night when we were doing expert RD
    Saga of the Endless guide: http://www.unseenagent.net/guides/qu...of-the-endless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3