+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38

Thread: Expert Dungeons - What we should know?

  1. #16
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vylker View Post
    As a Bard you could raise your focus/healing with cloth items which gives intel, wisdom etc.?
    As a bard you use hit, not focus

  2. #17
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lamastu View Post
    no hit/focus is needed. I've ran IT for a few days now and the only thing you really need is a good tank with 50ish toughness. As a tank I can't say how much focus helps in T1 but we've ran with two starting mages with not much focus and still cleared the instance so it's certainly doable.
    You missed the point where I said chloro mage. Im pretty sure you dont like having your heals resisted

    Yes, DPSers needs nothing. If you want to carry them, of course. I can put out more DPS with my chloro that any DPS with 0 hit/focus.

    If your tank overgears the instance, your healer can go in greens. Or naked. If your healer overgears the instance, your tank can go with -10 toughness (assuming he has enough hp to avoid being oneshotted, and not even that if the healer has shields)

    Point? A tank without toughness can wipe a party. A chloro healer without focus can wipe a party. A DPS with no hit/focus will not wipe a party (assuming you dont want him to CC anything, ofc). But he will add the same DPS as the tank. Why bother bringing him? Just bring another tank/healer. Your group will kill mobs at the same stuff and be a lot safer

  3. #18
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    As a bard you use hit, not focus
    So a Rogue doesnt need to have second gear to play as a Bard right?

  4. #19
    Telaran Kougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Figured I would add a question to this post as well as it relates.

    We have been taking a group into experts the last 2 weeks. I am the tank with 79 toughness 8300 hp 320 block and parry. Both DPS are parsing over 500 and we have 0 trouble on trash.

    Bosses however are giving us hell. We have most of IT on farm except for Three Kings and we tried FC and the Matron encounter shredded us, no way I could tank all three.

    Is there a good site for strats etc? I think we have the proper gear just not the information.

  5. #20
    Shadowlander Themajor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vylker View Post
    So a Rogue doesnt need to have second gear to play as a Bard right?
    bards use the same gear as any other rogue, unless your min/maxing then maybe more crit then some other specs.

  6. #21
    Telaran Lamastu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kougar View Post
    Figured I would add a question to this post as well as it relates.

    We have been taking a group into experts the last 2 weeks. I am the tank with 79 toughness 8300 hp 320 block and parry. Both DPS are parsing over 500 and we have 0 trouble on trash.

    Bosses however are giving us hell. We have most of IT on farm except for Three Kings and we tried FC and the Matron encounter shredded us, no way I could tank all three.

    Is there a good site for strats etc? I think we have the proper gear just not the information.

    Three kings should be pretty simple fight. Just interrupt the healer with faceslam or something and kill him first (not a requirement though). It's a tank fight, when you do your job well and keep aggro from all kings it's pretty easy.

  7. #22
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kougar View Post
    Figured I would add a question to this post as well as it relates.

    We have been taking a group into experts the last 2 weeks. I am the tank with 79 toughness 8300 hp 320 block and parry. Both DPS are parsing over 500 and we have 0 trouble on trash.

    Bosses however are giving us hell. We have most of IT on farm except for Three Kings and we tried FC and the Matron encounter shredded us, no way I could tank all three.

    Is there a good site for strats etc? I think we have the proper gear just not the information.
    You must be doing something wrong. I tank these on my Cleric with under 8kHP, and only 26 Toughness. And this is with a Chloro main healing with bard back-up on bosses. Our group has changed recently, but we did clear all of FC, but the final boss, the other night (I need more toughness).

    The Matron fight isn't that bad, it is the same as it was before (normal version), basically. Get on main boss, then onto the ghost, then onto the zombie with chains, then back to the ghost, then back to the main boss. Zombie with chains has a conal AoE, so turn it. Ghost lady has an AoE silence. Matron has a AoE that hits everyone, so keep people topped off.

    The IT kings are the same, 3 mobs to kill. But you need to focus and bring down a target together. The 2H warrior hits like a truck, the healer heals, and the mage is pretty weak. We have done it in 3 different orders so far, without much trouble. If you have some interrupts, it is probably easier leaving the healer for last (as when it tries to heal, it is doing no damage).

    If you are having trouble on bosses, bring a back up healer. It helps, A LOT. And many of these bosses you basically need 2 healers, especially if you are just getting into them. Especially fights with adds or large AoE's. There are not many DPS checks until T2 from what I have seen, so surviving >> damage, it will just take longer (but it's faster than dying, rezing and trying again).
    Last edited by Vidrak; 03-22-2011 at 05:57 AM.

  8. #23
    Rift Chaser Erhnam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vidrak View Post
    If you are having trouble on bosses, bring a back up healer. It helps, A LOT. And many of these bosses you basically need 2 healers, especially if you are just getting into them. Especially fights with adds or large AoE's. There are not many DPS checks until T2 from what I have seen, so surviving >> damage, it will just take longer (but it's faster than dying, rezing and trying again).
    This has been our strat basically. When something gets too hard, get 2 main healers. Usually that solves the problem (if people are aware of what to do and what not to do, no amount of healers will save you if you stand in the wrong position )

  9. #24
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erhnam View Post
    This has been our strat basically. When something gets too hard, get 2 main healers. Usually that solves the problem (if people are aware of what to do and what not to do, no amount of healers will save you if you stand in the wrong position )
    Well yea, usually, on fights we haven't done, we roll 2 healers. This allows you some wiggle room so we can figure out what is happening in the fight.

    But you have to look at what happened and fix it. If DPS are dying in an AoE, they need to pay attention. Some things are avoidable, some are not, that is how it works.

  10. #25
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Themajor View Post
    bards use the same gear as any other rogue, unless your min/maxing then maybe more crit then some other specs.
    Can you link where you've read this? My spreadsheets suggest AP outweighs crit heavily.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  11. #26
    Telaran Kougar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Well looking over standard builds etc most of us have a very standard build except the healer , they are 51 points deep in purifier and that doesn't seem the most standard atm. Might have the cleric tweak their build a bit and see if that helps.

  12. #27
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default Focus

    Was there a consensus on the required focus?

  13. #28
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    914

    Default

    always need ether bard or chloro even as a 51 point purifier I couldnt solo heal experts. Probably because Trion had the genius idea of making our group heals cost 12% of our mana pool to cast. Yea like im gonna cast a 350 mana spell when I already have to pot on every boss fight....sorry DPS if you stand in AoE ur just gonna die.

  14. #29
    Plane Walker am0nr3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    always need ether bard or chloro even as a 51 point purifier I couldnt solo heal experts. Probably because Trion had the genius idea of making our group heals cost 12% of our mana pool to cast. Yea like im gonna cast a 350 mana spell when I already have to pot on every boss fight....sorry DPS if you stand in AoE ur just gonna die.
    Not sure there has been a consensus. One person is suggesting you need 100 Hit(Focus) in T1 to never miss, others are saying you don't need the Hit(Focus) until T2. Sounds like the only way to check is to test it in T1 with less than 100 and see if you miss.

    Also, this is why you bring a bard; 750 mana 'potion' every 2 minutes.
    "This server is going to be Gnarly, man."
    "We have enough cloth and wood to pitch a tent."

  15. #30
    Prophet of Telara Albane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,163

    Default

    I ran t2 last night with 106 hit rating and do not recall seeing any miss messages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts