+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much DPS required?

Default How much DPS required?

OK, I've got my first character up to 19 and want to do the first dungeon. How much damage is required from dps classes in this? I've got really no idea if I'm putting out an appropriate level of damage for my level, the only tool of comparison I've had is warfronts but they seem very unbalanced and class dependent at the moment.

Thanks for any advice, I'm nervous about joining a dungeon group right now in case I can't pull my weight and need to change my soul build.

Soulwalker

The first dungeon isn't very hard as long as your party is the correct level so it shouldn't be difficult as long as your party is the correct level.

Soulwalker

Default recount needed bad

as a rogue dps i need a recount for rift as soon as possible to make sure what my best rotation is... also for the dummy training... rift should make this option available ingame, instead of having us to look for addons that may conflict with the game

Quote Originally Posted by encanto View Post
    as a rogue dps i need a recount for rift as soon as possible to make sure what my best rotation is... also for the dummy training... rift should make this option available ingame, instead of having us to look for addons that may conflict with the game
    Recount isn't needed and neither is the mindset that comes with Recount: period.

Does your healer run out of mana before you kill the boss? If he does, then you need more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by yshara View Post
    OK, I've got my first character up to 19 and want to do the first dungeon. How much damage is required from dps classes in this? I've got really no idea if I'm putting out an appropriate level of damage for my level, the only tool of comparison I've had is warfronts but they seem very unbalanced and class dependent at the moment.

Thanks for any advice, I'm nervous about joining a dungeon group right now in case I can't pull my weight and need to change my soul build.
    Enough to kill the boss and stay alive. Also, support builds are welcome no matter What kind of dps they are putting down. Grab a buffy soul and go nuts, people love it. But seriously, there is no "dps requirement" only a "lets get it done" and "lets have fun" requirements.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrump View Post
    Recount isn't needed and neither is the mindset that comes with Recount: period.
    Recount was never necessary for leveling. It's use comes when content gets a bit harder and success isn't guaranteed. You can't deny there are huge swings in character power between a good soul build and a bad one. Recount would easily tell you which is which. It's the one mod I miss most in Rift.

Ascendant

First dungeon DPS isn't a huge issue, just need to kill it before healer runs out of mana :P

+ Reply to Thread