+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert KB Broke again?

Soulwalker

Default Expert KB Broke again?

Flesheater Autoch is dealing over 1k with his dot and wiping an experienced expert group with full aoe heals, a chloro, and a purifier within 2 minutes to the start of the fight.

You can no longer cleanse his bleed!!!! WTF?

Did they ninja-change this or is it bugged now?
    Last edited by Adron; 03-21-2011 at 03:57 PM.
    -= Fist of the Empire =-
    Briarcliff * Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Adron View Post
    Flesheater Autoch is dealing over 1k with his dot and wiping an experienced expert group with full aoe heals, a chloro, and a purifier within 2 minutes to the start of the fight.

You can no longer cleanse his bleed!!!! WTF?

Did they ninja-change this or is it bugged now?
    you could never cleanse the bleed that he does after charging anyways, its a bleed

Rift Disciple

I stopped running that instance about a week ago because of that boss. Good to know it's just getting worse so I don't have any idea to go back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlemen View Post
    you could never cleanse the bleed that he does after charging anyways, its a bleed
    ^^^^ You can only cleanse diseases, curses, and poisons.

Have you tried the encounter with a warden healer or perhaps a bard support? I think the issue might be that you don't have enough supplemental healing and the purifier cannot keep up. Purifiers by nature are great one target healers but suffer when there are massive AoEs and dots thrown about. I would suggest trying with a healer that has some points into Warden for ripple. That way you can have a HoT on the entire party that heals for ~400 a tick (depending on the clerics spellpower and other factors) or having a bard with cadence / coda of restoration spam.

I know it can be frustrating to fight a boss if they wipe the floor with you, but I remember an instance in LotRO where I had to heal an entire party (of 6) and try to keep myself alive as I was taking 2k damage a tick (undead are evil that way). Sometimes it takes running into the wall a few times before you figure out how to avoid bonking your head. Just keep it up!

~E

EDIT: I saw that you said you had a chloro - I'm assuming that meant you had both. I would suggest the first part of my post where you find a healer (or if you're the healer respend some points) to see about getting more HoTs and AoE heals from other healer trees.
    Last edited by hezaboro; 03-21-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: clarification

High Elf Cleric - Threesprings

Muq

Quote Originally Posted by Adron View Post
    and a purifier
    I see the problem.

Rift Disciple

i get plenty of money running expert KB, so no, it isn't broke as far as I can tell.

oh...you mean brokeN! sometimes the bleed is doubled, yes, it seems so. Still, it's possible to do. have your cleric swap to warden, and your chloro "main heal".

The bleed comes from the charge, don't get charged, you're supposed to die if you get charged.

Our strat (which our pug healer supplied, thanks for that) was to use two tanks, two healers and one dps. The boss was a cakewalk when we did it like this.

One tank pulls the melee manticore and runs away far enough from the other tank so he can't get charged. The first healer (who should pref have aoe heals) and the dps follows that tank and the three of them hugs that boss (the melee manticore). The second tank picks up the ranged manticore and tanks him where he stands, the other healer stays with this tank to keep him up. Now the melee manticore team nukes their manticore down in peace without hassle (there's the fire that the boss drops from time to time, but you should be able to heal through it, we did) and once they're done they join the ranged manticore team and the whole party kills it with ease.

Because of the soul system it should be easy enough to switch the party to this setup on the fly. The one problem could be that no other person in the party might have tank gear besides the tank. But the ranged manticore doesn't hit that hard at all so there should hopefully be no problem.
    Last edited by Scarecroww; 03-21-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Rikius - Level 50 - Apocalypse - Bloodiron EU
    Telara is Beautiful - Scenic screenshot compilation

Plane Touched

it's so easy

+ Reply to Thread