+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Rift is the one in my description?

Soulwalker

Default What Rift is the one in my description?

Hey guys, on one of the first days I played the game, on my way back to Meridian through Freemarch, all the sudden the entire sky turned purple (over the entire zone of Freemarch, not just above me) and then voice-overs began as usual. I opened my map to see how close I was to it thinking it was just a rift above me, and the ENTIRE MAP was COVERED with like 30-40 rifts!! Hardly any spots on the normal map was showing. The problem I'm having is I've only seen this one time since I've been playing the game and when I try to search what I saw all I can come up with is the invasion events. This may be an invasion, but I've never seen one to the scale at which this one was. When I watch a video of a large invasion event the poster opens the map and there's like 10 rifts or so. The event I saw was ridiculous!! It was WAY more awesome than these invasions I've seen posted on youtube. Maybe it was just a specific event that is considered an invasion which has to be opened up special by a guild doing a raid or something. That would make more sense. I just want to know what this is or could be, so people will stop thinking that I just saw a normal event and am exaggerating. It was nowhere near normal, it was sick!! Anyway, thanks for any assistance ahead of time guys.

Rift Disciple

The event you are describing was a beta event that was testing the servers ability to produce an invasion on such a massive scale.

Basically, it was a stress test.

Soulwalker

Would it still be considered beta if it wasn't during the beta? It was like a week after launch. Maybe it could've still been a stress test I suppose.

The zone events scale with population. The event you are describing I think is (I forget the name) the one where you must collect sourceshards for the capacitors in order to bring down the boss wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefaruis View Post
    The zone events scale with population. The event you are describing I think is (I forget the name) the one where you must collect sourceshards for the capacitors in order to bring down the boss wall.
    Ya it is Jakub's event i believe. It gets pretty crazy. The amount of plane touched trash in Free March almost locks you into doing the event, that or spend the entire event dying repeatedly while trying to run away from trash.

Rift Disciple

from what I've heard there are minor zone invasions and major zone invasions.. the major ones reward you with purple sourcestones and were guessing there needs to be a minimum number of people in a zone to start one

Soulwalker

When you mentioned the part where you needed to pick up the items and turn them in it all came back to me. Yes that's the event I'm speaking of. Are there many more like this? Also, how do we trigger this type of event. It was awesome!! (In my opinion :P)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KrisHutcheson View Post
    When you mentioned the part where you needed to pick up the items and turn them in it all came back to me. Yes that's the event I'm speaking of. Are there many more like this? Also, how do we trigger this type of event. It was awesome!! (In my opinion :P)
    Zone population. Play during prime time in the 10-30 level zones, and they trigger often enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Zone population. Play during prime time in the 10-30 level zones, and they trigger often enough.
    QFT

Stillmoor is barren atm, the damned invasions dont even spawn from the Rifts that pop on Blightweald =(

Quote Originally Posted by Stupot View Post
    QFT

Stillmoor is barren atm, the damned invasions dont even spawn from the Rifts that pop on Blightweald =(
    Same thing happened to me last night. We closed the 14 rifts, not a single invasion spawned for the second half of the quest.

As for what the OP is talking about, sounds like a Rift Invasion in a packed zone. I remember the same thing on opening day. The only problem was the servers were up for an hour when it happened and everyone was level 7-8 and the invasion was level 15ish. It hurt.

+ Reply to Thread