+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: wtb 10-man dungeons

Rift Disciple

Default wtb 10-man dungeons

Self explanatory it can be tough to wrangle together 20 people but 10 is perfect for us more casual folks who still want to raid. I realize the raid Rifts are supposedly 10-man but that in no way substitutes for a proper dungeon. The rumor I'm hearing is that the next new content will be another 20 man dungeon. Trion please consider making a ten man. You could even make normal be 10 man and expert be 20 man.

if you want to raid get 10 more people. 20 man raids are too small even.

10 man raids are you kidding me? It's bad enough they even have 10 man raid rifts.
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 03-21-2011 at 07:01 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    if you want to raid get 10 more people. 20 man raids are too small even.

10 man raids are you kidding me? It's bad enough they even have 10 man raid rifts.
    Try coordinating 20 peoples schedules with jobs and wives and kids etc. 10 is hard enough but much more "doable."

Ascendant

20 people is not much, always nice to pull the RL card when someone doesn't agree with you though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    20 people is not much, always nice to pull the RL card when someone doesn't agree with you though.
    10 people is not too few, always nice to not use even a semblance of an argument when you have no basis to support your opinion though.

Rift Disciple

They said they would not have 10 man raids in Rift. You can however do 10 man public quests, but not proper raid dungeons.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riftingforthewin View Post
    They said they would not have 10 man raids in Rift. You can however do 10 man public quests, but not proper raid dungeons.
    So no 10-man dungeons? That is disappointing to hear.

RL card - sad when people get so dissociated from real life that they refer to job kids family as "pulling the RL card." Thing will change when you graduate high school buddy hang in there.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by mocktrial View Post
    So no 10-man dungeons? That is disappointing to hear.

RL card - sad when people get so dissociated from real life that they refer to job kids family as "pulling the RL card." Thing will change when you graduate high school buddy hang in there.
    So true. I wish i knew where these people get all their play time. Working 50+ a week (college grad) and i basicly have the weekends up until 8pm. I miss college days. Skipping class playing EQ and getting drunk enough where you can just fall into a girls pants. I reall can only raid once in the middle of the week and sundays.
    Last edited by SvnStrSlm; 03-21-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SvnStrSlm View Post
    So true. I wish i knew where these people get all their play time. Working 50+ a week (college grad) and i basicly have the weekends up until 8pm. I miss college days. Skipping class playing EQ and getting drunk enough where you can just fall into a girls pants. I reall can only raid once in the middle of the week and sundays.
    I also work 50+ hours a week. Raiding isnt that hard to find time for. I have my kid in bed by 8-9 pm.

So from the time I get home till then its family time. At 8-9 pm 2 maybe 3 nights a week ill raid till midnight.

That was enough in wow to see most non-heroic endgame raids. I say most because I quit before making through nefarion.

There are a TON of people out there like this. Form a guild and announce your raid schedule to be tues,thurs,sun from 9-12pm.

You will easily field a 20 man raid. If you do well, you will be able to field 2-3 of these raids.

More 10-people content would be perfect, beside the Raid-rifts that is.

Some Instances for 10-people would be very welcome!

Rift Chaser

This is generally why raiding guilds advertise their raiding schedule while recruiting. Then, that allows them to build a raid team around a schedule that works for everyone.

Besides, a lot of people don't have a single level-50 yet, and there's till new accounts being made daily. Game's still new.

Rift Disciple

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sauceage View Post
    I also work 50+ hours a week. Raiding isnt that hard to find time for. I have my kid in bed by 8-9 pm.

So from the time I get home till then its family time. At 8-9 pm 2 maybe 3 nights a week ill raid till midnight.

That was enough in wow to see most non-heroic endgame raids. I say most because I quit before making through nefarion.

There are a TON of people out there like this. Form a guild and announce your raid schedule to be tues,thurs,sun from 9-12pm.

You will easily field a 20 man raid. If you do well, you will be able to field 2-3 of these raids.

Concur with what has been said. My demographic is exactly what the ten man raid is perfect for. karazhan was extremely popular in wow for that reason.

Find a guild that can raid during a time that works for you. I'm sure there are 20 people somewhere who can play the same times you can.

If you're not willing to put in even this much effort than you shouldn't be able to raid anyway.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Riftingforthewin View Post
    This is completely false. They never said this. They just said it was not doable for right now but they would look at adding it later. Its alot more time consuming to work on making a 10 man version of the same dungeon. Its like doing another dungeon except its not even new content.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    This is completely false. They never said this. They just said it was not doable for right now but they would look at adding it later. Its alot more time consuming to work on making a 10 man version of the same dungeon. Its like doing another dungeon except its not even new content.
    Good to hear. It's too bad it didn't launch with a 10-man tbh. Casual players are the overwhelming silent majority. 10 man's are like **** to casual players.

To the folks disagreeing I'm not sure how you can be so opposed. I don't think anyone is saying there should be no 20 man dungeons. Only that, there should also be 10 man dungeons for people who cannot coordinate with 20 of their closest friends but still enjoy raiding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast