+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Expert CC - Caelia the Stormtouched - Feels kind of buggy

Default Expert CC - Caelia the Stormtouched - Feels kind of buggy

Has anyone else had a lot of trouble with this encounter? My group has had no real big problems with any other T2 boss up until Caelia, and it's for all the wrong reasons. Two times our previous night, and one time tonight - both times eventually downing her; our first big problem was after she knocked us back, one person would get stuck behind the wall / door you aim to hit. The second problem we have is with her Wild Lightning. A couple of our group members have had problems, where I have clearly seen them run through it, but get absolutely no damage (no damage wards) OR recieve multiple ticks of the lightning to the point of what looks like a one-shot. Another problem which is probably tied to the previous, is sometimes she bugs out on Wild Lightning and she will physically turn left, but the actual lightning damage will shift to the right. The final problem that doesn't actually hurt us, is every now and then she won't cast Grip of Storms after her Wild Lightning phase.

Our general group setup for both nights were as follows:

Riftstalker Tank
    Beastmaster DPS
    Riftblade (tonight swapped out for a Bard)
    Chloromancer Healer
    Cleric Healer

We found it better tonight to swap our cleric out to dps, only because with the extra dps, we had less margin for error due to the problems stated above.

I'm sorry if I come across as whining, but I'd like to see if anyone else are having the same problems we are.

Telaran

We encountered the Wild Lightning graphical bug problem tonight. Additionally, on two occasions she began to cast wild lightning before the adds were dead OR their countdown had run.

The random initial direction of the lightning seems a little punishing to low-HP players, and players standing virtually on top of her were reporting 3 hits in a row before being able to run through her to safety - over 1-2 seconds. This may not, in fact, be a bug, but it certainly felt a little arbitrary. RNG for whether a squishy dies isn't cool, unless we completely missed a fight mechanic somewhere.

No bad wall bugs for us, but that's a disturbing report.

Champion

We were unable to reliably determine which direction she was facing during our attempts on Sunday night. During one attempt we had her down to ~5k health when we wiped, which made me a sad, sad panda. The most frustrating and insurmountable-seeming part was when she would come out of her add phase facing in a random and unknown direction an basically insta-gib our Cleric and Chloro before they could move out of her lightning, and her random "flipping around" instead of rotation during the lightning phase.

You guys confirm that she does always turn her damage field clockwise from her initial direction, regardless of where her avatar turns to face each time? That, anyways, would relieve a bit of the pain and annoyance. Still, it does feel like that initial shot of Wild Lightning is either bugged or just an unrealistically "challenging" mechanic.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucubration View Post
    You guys confirm that she does always turn her damage field clockwise from her initial direction, regardless of where her avatar turns to face each time? That, anyways, would relieve a bit of the pain and annoyance. Still, it does feel like that initial shot of Wild Lightning is either bugged or just an unrealistically "challenging" mechanic.
    Correct - the animation is bugged. It will be correct the very first time she chooses a direction, then just move clockwise/to the left after each cast. Regardless of what she looks like, just move. It's hard to do sometimes when the lightning is in your face, but you just have to do it.

Here's my post from a previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by StealthStalker View Post
    We've one-short her most recently, but only because we spent a few hours on her the first time to learn the ins and outs of the encounter.

It is entirely random which direction she'll choose, but the damage rotates correctly based on that choice. Get behind her once she starts, and move left after each cast.

The hardest part of the entire encounter is the third rotation, when she will absolutely drop Whirling Tempest on someone just as the adds spawn. You gotta make sure your ranged are close enough to the adds not to get charged (or to only get charged by one or two), but far enough away that everyone isn't gibbed by whoever gets the Whirling Tempest.

So yeah, the encounter is definitely bugged right now, but do-able if you can ignore the animation and keep moving left.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Soulwalker

This boss is just way too buggy. Half of the time the lightning is invisible to me unless I have on low quality render. Sometimes during the knockback she resets too, back to 100%... I would not mind seeing some dev look this one over. You just need to keep trying until youre lucky enough to have everything turn just right. This fight is a "flip a coin" fight. No tactics can make up for all randomness. You need tons of HP to live through it.

Plane Walker

We wiped at 300 hp of boss T_T

It is STILL VERY bugged, TRION said they fixed her once (obviously, still bugged as usual). Please, either check your fixes, or DO NOT SAY something is fixed... I had her throw her rays right at my face, and I took no dmg, some party members went to the otherside, insta gibbed...

Soulwalker

We've encountered the same bugs. If it isn't the Wild Lightning bugging out someone's bound to get stuck in the wall.

Still very doable, but definitely needs a fix!
    DF: Hane KVen - 100 Polearm Mastery / Sharpshooter / All Magic Schools - NA1 - Zealot
    EQ: Redeemer Sumdyar - 70 Paladin - Vallon Zek - Defiant
    EQ2: Sumdyar - 50 Assassin - Nagafen - Defiant
    WoW: Sumdyar - 60 Priest - Mannoroth - Defiant
    VG: Tournament Champion Sumdyar the Pure - 50 Paladin - Sartok - Xanit K`Ven

Soulwalker

Same issues.. as well as the lightning (as well as the glow around her and the adds) completely disappears for me on some attempts. Only fix for me there is to follow the group and trust they go in the right direction!

Shadowlander

This fight is extremely frustrating.. it seems its more luck based than anything else. Often times there's no delay when she comes to do wild lightning.. if your lucky she will come out the opposite direction of your group and if your not someones going to get 1-2 shorted before they can even move. This wouldn't even be an issue if the lightning was ATLEAST reliable. she will be facing a completely different direction and the lightning will still be killing the group.

Even on the first one when she initially comes out she will occasionally bug. It will appear the lightning is being shot infront of us so some of us wont move , others will try to move clockwise and still everyone will be taking damage, and generally a couple people will die.

As cleric Ive resorted to putting some endurance pieces as well as purifying shielding myself just so if it DOES bug out (which happens more times than not) i wont instantly die.

This Fight needs to be fixed asap.... Her lightning and direction needs to display properly and she either needs a 1 seconds delay before she starts using wild lightning OR the initial few hits of the lightning does smaller amounts of damage and then builds up with a stack like mechanic where the longer you stand in it the more stacks you have and the more damage you take.

Im all for hard fights but random 1-2 shotting mechanics that have no logic behind them leaving the fight largely based on luck is pretty lame.

Shadowlander

well i have nothing to say.
    everyone already reported same problems. yes, my group got stuck 5 nights consecutive on this boss... for alot of times, already got her to 10% or less and bamm. instawipe...
    i just gave up on that instance.

Disturbing its NOT A SINGLE WORD of any DEV on this problem... and its a old problem...

tbh, idk more what to say, numerus threads about this boss already.
    Last edited by JulioStorm; 03-24-2011 at 10:54 AM.

Rift Disciple

My group has also found this encounter to be almost entirely luck-based. We've killed her, but we've also had many very frustrating wipes.

The first blast of Wild Lightning goes in a random direction with no warning and will usually kill a non-tank before they can get out of it. Once she starts turning you can avoid it by just rotating clockwise, but positioning yourself before the initial blast is just totally Russian Roulette. You pick a spot and hope you don't die.

Either Wild Lightning needs to do less damage or there has to be a short warning to indicate the direction she will shoot the first blast.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vaidency View Post
    My group has also found this encounter to be almost entirely luck-based. We've killed her, but we've also had many very frustrating wipes.

The first blast of Wild Lightning goes in a random direction with no warning and will usually kill a non-tank before they can get out of it. Once she starts turning you can avoid it by just rotating clockwise, but positioning yourself before the initial blast is just totally Russian Roulette. You pick a spot and hope you don't die.

Either Wild Lightning needs to do less damage or there has to be a short warning to indicate the direction she will shoot the first blast.
    Stand on top of her in the add phase (it's a cloud in the center). When she spawns, move away from the beam, at worst you'll take a couple of ticks.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by jMerliN View Post
    Stand on top of her in the add phase (it's a cloud in the center). When she spawns, move away from the beam, at worst you'll take a couple of ticks.
    even if your assuming everyone is topped off when shes comes out for wild lightning , 2 -3 ticks will still kill people 80 % of the time , minus the tank

I'm not saying the fight isnt doable , it just doesnt have anything to do with skill... all luck
    Last edited by raiden04; 03-24-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Rift Disciple

Yep, that's basically the problem. We do all stand very close to her when killing the adds. "At worst we'll take a couple ticks," and a couple ticks can kill most non-tanks.

My regular group are all good players with fast reflexes, but this seems like it's asking too much. I don't think it would be unreasonable to either give the initial shot of Wild Lightning a short cast time so that players can see it and move before it goes off or reduce the damage so that unlucky players can live long enough to get out of it if they react quickly.

Soulwalker

We have encountered the same things.
    For me its buggy (i dont see any lightnings just ghosts) and sometimes she doesnt really turn clockwise (as she is supposed to) but sometimes turn 180%.
    However we found that if You actually do continue turning clock wise and dont care about the graphics, You wiill not get any damage. Yes, You may find Yourself standing in the graphic of lightning if the boss turns 180%, but dont panic, just keep goin 1/4s around and You will be fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast