+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Length of PvE content.

Soulwalker

Default Length of PvE content.

I am very distraught with the length of some of the PvE content. It seems that, for the most part, it is very difficult to get any expert instances done in any reasonable amount of time. I feel that I must dedicate several hours in order to get one instance complete. Moreover, what I hear from the grapevine is that higher level expert dungeons take even longer (which I wouldn't doubt considering the basic +100% (?) health even the trash mobs receive).

In short, I think the length of some of the instances should be toned down. I'm not asking for easy, super simple rewards per instance, I just don't think 'hours' should be required for individual instances. Raids, sure, instances, no.

Plane Touched

no, dungeons should be hard and take a while

There's achievements for doing some of the expert dungeons in under 40 minutes. If it takes hours and hours for you to complete one, you can only blame whatever group you're in.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

No. If you want easy heroic/expert dungeons that take 10 minutes, go back to WoW.

It's quite simple really, if you do not have the time to do the dungeon THEN DON'T DO THEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stavi82 View Post
    I imagine 95% of the people that complained about the difficulty of Rift use cheat codes in their Facebook games.

Champion of Telara

I agree partially with the OP.

The problem with the experts is this:

Too many trash.

Perfect example.. Realm of The Fae and Darkening Deeps.

Both of those instances are low level leveling instances for the Guardians..hence the amount of trash mobs so they will gain lots of XP..when leveling..but at experts.. Dear god.. What a pointless hassle and waste of time.

They need a serious removal of trash mobs.. along with every other expert needing some removed cause lets face it..

After you learn what the boss does..you will 1 shot or 2 shot it every time you are there..but you are gonna spend at least 30mins- 1 hour even with the best group to clear the huge amount of trash.. Especially in the instances mentioned above.

I dont mind dungeons being long..but some trash packs need to disappear from Normal --> Expert.

And with the recent change on plaque's in T2....you will be forced to do every dungeon 20 times and you are gonna HATE the amount of trash after the first or second run.
    Last edited by potis; 03-20-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Plane Touched

Not sure why people think DD has a lot of trash. The last three bosses have nothing in between them. Hell the spider and the water blob only have a few mobs in between. Most of the trash mobs on the way to the bottom are also normal, not elites. If they take you a long time to kill than get more AE damage.

RoTF is a long dungeon, but a lot of the trash you can skip pretty easily. When I first started doing T1 dungeons it took my party hours. Now we can do them in an hour or less without any hiccups.

So the solution? Just get better.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Haiz View Post
    Just get better.
    I love you.

There's achievements for doing some of the expert dungeons in under 40 minutes. If it takes hours and hours for you to complete one, you can only blame whatever group you're in.
    Thats under 40 minutes of combat time.
    Harlequin

Oceanic Gaming Community

I refuse to let any threads like this go unargued. This is ridiculous. People like you are the reason the mmo genre is losing it's charm. Dungeons should be and should remain difficult. There is absolutely zero fun in pressing the same buttons over and over until you hit the finish line.

If you want to content to be a breeze and don't want things to take forever, go play a single player hack and slash game. You can play at your own pace and wollow in monotonous gameplay somewhere else.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Glorion View Post
    Thats under 40 minutes of combat time.
    Yes, I always take an extra 3 hours for frequent smoke breaks....

Telaran

I am considering canceling for the opposite reason, the dungeons are too short and easy, i am getting bored. I wish this game was harder. btw I am not a hardcore player, i just miss the feeling of accomplishment i got with other mmo's. Now it is just get a group,any group together and you win.

Rift Chaser

To the above poster, you finished all the dungeon achievements? Those def make things harder when trying to complete

Quote Originally Posted by Fafryd
    Yes, I always take an extra 3 hours for frequent smoke breaks....
    Running between pulls, looting, waiting for the NPCs to finish their RPing, all adds up. Im just trying to limit misinformation.
    Harlequin

Oceanic Gaming Community

Quote Originally Posted by Izithel View Post
    It's quite simple really, if you do not have the time to do the dungeon THEN DON'T DO THEM.
    One to two hour (or more if you're just having a tough time, mobs randomly aggro and wipe, someone leaves, etc) T2 dungeon runs are a bit time consuming thanks to the wonderful, endless trash and the five+ minute boss fights where you go through the same minute long phase over, and over, and over.
    w w w . F A E L O R . c o m
    Administrator of Rift Seekers | [former] Guild Master of <Primal> | Administrator of Halcyon Affinity
    Rift Podcast | Rift Seekers is currently dormant for various reasons, thank you for understanding | Telerapedia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast