+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Expert CC DPS Race Bosses

Prophet of Telara

Default Expert CC DPS Race Bosses

Just out of curiosity, what type of group make up are people taking in here? Basically our situation is, we can down this instance no issues.

However, when our DPS War is not around we can't seem to get enough DPS in to Gronik and the next boss (can't recall name, the one that pushes you off the edge) to down him before dying.

In these times we have myself (war tank), Pyro Mage, assassin with chloro and cleric heals. So not sure if the two dps are in the wrong specs (I honestly don't know enough about Rogues/mages to tell).

On Gronik we have always just ignored adds and burned him down when we have our optimal group. (Found killing adds first was to strenuous on healers with his stacks at 5 all the time for most of the time on him).
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

I have a deepz warrior in CC and we burn np like you say when we replace him our other set up is

Warrior-Tank Mage-Chloro Cleric-Heals Rogue-Sab Rogue-Sab

We drop the dps race np i think as long as your 2 deepz get over 500 on the meter your gonna win the fight.

Shadowlander

Since you are clearly the dedicated tank I want to ask if you have a Warlord main tanking spec for dps check fights? Since you don't have aoe tanking to do on those fights having a second tanking spec with full warlord to buff your groups damage is probably the ticket to getting wins on those fights. I play a warrior and I know that when our warrior uses his dps boost tanking spec I run another 150-200 dps which makes that fight go really... really fast. We are nowhere near cutting it close but the difference is dramatic.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Seefourdc View Post
    Since you are clearly the dedicated tank I want to ask if you have a Warlord main tanking spec for dps check fights? Since you don't have aoe tanking to do on those fights having a second tanking spec with full warlord to buff your groups damage is probably the ticket to getting wins on those fights. I play a warrior and I know that when our warrior uses his dps boost tanking spec I run another 150-200 dps which makes that fight go really... really fast. We are nowhere near cutting it close but the difference is dramatic.
    I've been contemplating getting a 32 Point Warlord Build (should handle all the buffs) for fights like that but haven't ever talked to somebody that does that, so good to hear. I run 32 Pal / 24 War / 10 Reaver otherwise for everything else. But I guess in theory (or practice), when we are left with our sub-optimal dps people it could make a difference.
    Last edited by Exphryl; 03-20-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Horrible Main Tank of --- <Zombie Goasts> - Shatterbone (US Guardian)
    Crappy Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/exphryl

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Exphryl View Post
    I've been contemplating getting a 32 Point Warlord Build (should handle all the buffs) for fights like that but haven't ever talked to somebody that does that, so good to hear. I run 32 Pal / 24 War / 10 Reaver otherwise for everything else. But I guess in theory (or practice), when we are left with our sub-optimal dps people it could make a difference.
    I guess I had assumed you were running 32 reaver, 19 paladin, 15 warlord since that seems to be the cookie cutter dungeon tanking build. If you already have 24 warlord in your tanking spec I don't know how much more dps you are going to be able to get your group up to.

+ Reply to Thread