+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things to make the next tier of content even better.

Default Things to make the next tier of content even better.

Have some sort of awesome attunement for the next raid! Part of what made wow so good back in the day was the epic feel of everything. And a complex quest that a guild would have to embark upon and progress thru to unlock the next raid for the whole server would be amazing.

Think AQ gate opening.

Preferably something that isnt just a money/time sink. Maybe involve some of the previous raids harder achievements? Anything challenging that would keep people working towards a goal; also the race between the factions can fuel some fires of war and interesting faction drama!

Really I think this is a golden idea that all the raiders will appreciate.

AVOID
    1. But you must avoid it just being a GRIND. Very few people want to grind anymore. There are enough grinds in the game.
    2. Avoid allowing the mechanics of it to be advantageous to "zerg" type guilds. Most hardcore guilds keep a small roster. A few guilds have hundred of members and numbers shouldnt have anything to do with it, keep it skill based plz!

edit

Have some sort of awesome attunement for the next raid! Part of what made wow so good back in the day was the epic feel of everything. And a complex quest that a guild would have to embark upon and progress thru to unlock the next raid for the whole server would be amazing.

Think AQ gate opening.

Preferably something that isnt just a money/time sink. Maybe involve some of the previous raids harder achievements? Anything challenging that would keep people working towards a goal; also the race between the factions can fuel some fires of war and interesting faction drama!

AVOID
    1. But you must avoid it just being a GRIND. Very few people want to grind anymore. There are enough grinds in the game.
    2. Avoid allowing the mechanics of it to be advantageous to "zerg" type guilds. Most hardcore guilds keep a small roster. A few guilds have hundred of members and numbers shouldnt have anything to do with it, keep it skill based plz!
    3. From only giving 1 person a reward. (like the guy who rang the gong for AQ)

Attempt
    1. To give items/mounts/Titles that people will covet. To the whole Guild.
    2. Make it EPIC.
    3. Make it something that people will want to do, instead of dreading it.
    4. World bosses would be awesome.
    5. Double digit chain quest.
    6. Involve rifts/invasions (DUH)
    7. Global stuff is cool
    8. Quests for an entire faction to contribute in their own way, a olive branch to the non hardcores to get in on the fun.
    Last edited by Jujus; 03-19-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

it was in an interview that Scott said we have to do big server events to open all raids, ala AQ-style, except it didn't happen with greenscale, so dunno.

Getting attuned is the worst idea ever. I absolutely hated doing mandatory quests before I can start raiding. Actually, I hate doing quests in general. Quests are never thoroughly thought out, they are just time consuming pieces of garbage that delay your subscription cancellation due to lack of content.

Release more playable content, that's all they have to do. Blizzard figured that out and they are cranking out a new instance every couple of months.
    Last edited by Anesthetics; 03-20-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

Quote Originally Posted by Jujus View Post

Think AQ gate opening.

AVOID
    Did you really just reference the AQ gate opening as a good thing?

Yeah, we need 800 rugged leather, and 10000 peacebloom, and about a billion baked salmon in order to open the door.

Oh, and then the event where it opens the server will crash the server constantly for about three hours.

Sounds like a good time, lets do it.

Obviously you didnt read my thread because I said, NOT TO MAKE IT A GRINDFEST.

Plane Touched

Making a huge questline with world events and so on just for the opening of a raid instance after which it's basically never done again is a pretty big waste of ressources. I'll take more dungeons/bosses than an event leading to the dungeon itself.

The AQ40 was fun in some ways, and terrible in others. Lag, crashes, massive intentional and unintentional griefing, gated content, untested stuff, that's not even counting the phases where you had to gather cotton and peaceblooms. The wars for the control of Silithus elites to farm those scales or whatever was fun, but in the end, if they had opened AQ40 right away and worked on making naxxramas faster instead, it probably would have been better, from a raider perspective. From a PvPer perspective, I guess forced world events are always good. Gets very zergy though especially in a game like wow/rift where there is 0penalty for death but a 10-50secs runback.

+ Reply to Thread