+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The man who sorted drop rates drunk ?

Soulwalker

Default The man who sorted drop rates drunk ?

Ok. so me and 2 friends hit 50 like 4 days ago. And we have done some experts.
    We have done 3 Iron Tombs, 2 Foul cascade, 1 Kings breach and 3 bosses in Realm of fae

Out of these 6 and a half dungeons we got 2 plate loot. 1 leather item. 1 melee dps axe and the rest caster gear.

Mainly cleric gear and healer weaponry and offhands.

What the hell is wrong with the drops ?

We get chain 90% of the time. If it isnt chain its healer weapon or off hand.

Our tank havent got 1 item.

Me as a rogue have got 1 and the cleric, our healer have got 1 item for all slots and 2-3 items in some slots..

What the hell is up with the drops ?

Atm i dont really see a point of doing heroiucs.

because we know that out of 6 bosses atleast 5 of them drop chain/healer crap.

Havent been wrong yet and i doubt it will

I've run instances where it was nothing but tank gear.

You have failed to pay the Random Number God his proper due. Likely, the error was insufficient sacrifices, he likes an offering of squirrels before an instance. Generally, one per group member will do for a 5-man, though if you want to really please him, offer twenty behind your group's back (it's his favorite number. )

Really, it's random.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Ahh, but the game isn't the problem. The problem is that someone who can neither write nor think is inexplicably unhappy with something.

Soulwalker

and with heroiucs i ment heroics which then would be expert.

Let us eidt our own posts dammit

Soulwalker

hehe i know how you feel man, our tank who is a rogue has not seen 1 leather tanking item drop yet all he has out of the 8 runs of T1 is a Trinket, quite bad really

Soulwalker

I have cleared about 20 t1 experts, for t2: RD 3 times, DD twice, CC and AP 1 time each. I have seen only 2 pieces of leather tanking gear drop ever, and every tank I have talked to says that tanking gear for warriors and clerics is just as rare. It makes sense though, since a well geared tank can carry 2 average dps + main heal + OH, that Trion is constricting tanking gear to mainly badge gear. BTW the first day I cleared RD then went and cleared DD, I got a full set of t2 equivalent rogue dps gear.

TLDR: I will say that from experience, dps gear drops considerably more often than tank gear.
    Last edited by Allison aA'vani; 03-19-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Shadowlander

Same, 1 plate drop in 4 expert dungeons. And thats both dps and tank.
    Last edited by Azerate; 03-19-2011 at 05:20 PM.

It's all RNG, complaining about it brings nothing, I've done FC and DD runs where mostly tank gear dropped.

Soulwalker

hehe I'm not complaing Matey, i'm playing a chloro so i see all my gear enough to make a second spec of healing ;) But it's unfair for the tank's to have to grind more than me for their gear is all i'm stating.

Been raiding for about a week now in T2s and I've never seen any purple drop that wasn't chain so far.

Oh, and the focus accessories. Focus accessories!

I've actually killed 3 trash mobs and have them had a blue focus amulet, the same exact focus amulet in purple (same name), and also a blue focus ring.

1. Less cloth and chain
    2. Less focus accessories
    3. MUCH more leather, seeing as the majority of server pop is just rogues and warriors on my group
    4. More non-warrior tank gear overall, as tanks have the highest priority on gear.

We have a ****-ton of rogues in our guild but it's hard to get them geared and hit-capped since the drop rate on any sort of leather is next to 0.

In my entire guild only 2 or 3 people have actually seen any purple leather drops.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    We get chain 90% of the time. If it isnt chain its healer weapon or off hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    In my entire guild only 2 or 3 people have actually seen any purple leather drops.
    Same. I hope they will fix it soon.

As anecdotal as it may be, I can also add my concern of the number of chain and focus accessory drops. We've had a single leather drop ever in T2, dps chest from the last boss in CC, and the other rogue I'm playing with most have never ever seen a drop in either T1 or T2 experts that was tailored for his Riftstalker tank mainspec.

The cleric and mage are both fully geared mostly from T2s, and in addition to not having needed on any epic chain because he had the same or a better item already for the past week and more our cleric also has a full set of caster spec gear from duplicate items with focus enchants as well as focus accessories our mage didn't need because she had the same or better already.

I've acquired more BoE caster gear from trash in T2s to send to an IRL friend's mage than I've even seen (including items linked to me by other T2 groups in my guild (and we have multiple groups that were very early into T2s - I was fairly late and the group I've run with most have still gotten multiple realm first T2 achievements)) for my own dps rogue mainspec and all those items are things that have dropped multiple times, sometimes multiple times in the same run. The focus caster neck I sent him dropped three times in the same run with both the mage and the cleric picking up one for sidegrade from other T2 items with need rolls before I won the third on greed, plus I've seen a number of BoE caster gear pieces he could probably use that our mage or cleric picked up for the same reason that we didn't have multiples of drop (yet).

We've had a fairly balanced number of plate drops overall but yes, it has prompted my Riftstalker friend to comment that he'd need to farm over 1000 plaques just to match the level of tanking gear our warrior (who plays both dps and tank - we switch around a lot with everyone involved playing multiple specs in T2s) has picked up so far from drops because items for his mainspec simply do not exist.

The number of rogues compared to the balance of numbers between drops is a concern. It looks the same in my guild (and indeed, in the group I've run with most as mentioned) with a roughly 2:1:1:1 ratio of rogues to the other classes, and it's something keenly felt by myself personally as well as my Riftstalker friend is also rolling on pure dps gear (at my request - he raids and I'm not currently planning to and as it looks now for Riftstalker he will play dps quite a lot in those raids so for the benefit of the guild he should - most other semi stable T2 farming groups in the guild play with two rogues of which neither tanks, going as dps and bard).

While almost all blue gear even for offspecs goes straight to vendor now, I can still point out that it looks similar for those with innumerable focus accessories and chain drops.

Rogue accessories is the only item group that seems to have a decent drop rates for us (as in, rogues), but the problem is that their stat breakdown is almost identical for all items. Everything seems to have hit on it - at 153 rating I'm very slightly overcapped on hit for raids playing expert 5mans almost exclusively at the moment without using any hit enchants solely from items that were upgrades ignoring the hit, because it's on every accessory (and weapons come to think of it, although I'm still using T1 weapon drops as I've seen none drop in T2s, but I went through multiple minor upgrades in T1s that were hit to hit looking at secondary stats).

I can understand if the people designing the gear wanted to make sure there was a smooth transition from expert 5mans into raids and that making sure there is enough hit for everyone who needs as it is probably a critical stat to consider in that regard but it's getting fairly ridiculous. Would not mind at all if some items were changed to have ap or crit instead, or changed to suit other specs than dps rogues as necessary (and I could say the same for the bloody focus accessories). I don't think it would harm the wider community either as some lost hit (or focus, in that case) on changed items could easily be compensated for with enchants.

Shadowlander

I've noticed this as well. The two clerics and warrior I regularly run with are geared out of their teeth right now, and we STILL get drops for them that they don't even need anymore. Yet the two rouges, me being one of them, has seen... maybe a dagger here and there, and that's it. It's starting to get really frustrating.

If it weren't for me getting lucky with a couple cairns, I'd still be stuck in some pretty terrible gear, even though we've done AP/CC each a dozen times, and ITx almost as much. I am starting to think rouge leather drops just don't exist.

Shadowlander

I feel your pain OP, ive killed 20 bosses in a row without a single leather gear loot. There were tons of caster loot. Chain was almost mandatory. To be honest Ive never seen any gear for our poor rogue tank.

Our guild has run into a chain drops only problem. If it's not chain it's usually a caster accessory of some sort or maybe cloth. Plate and leather rarely drops or if it does it's usually in a run when no one can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexaeus View Post
    Our guild has run into a chain drops only problem. If it's not chain it's usually a caster accessory of some sort or maybe cloth. Plate and leather rarely drops or if it does it's usually in a run when no one can use it.
    Yes. The tiny percentage of drops that doesn't fall into the chain category falls into the "focus accessory" category.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast