+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, buff other rogue specs, nerf sabo to helllll, or remove ACT/parsing.

Shadowlander

Default Seriously, buff other rogue specs, nerf sabo to helllll, or remove ACT/parsing.

kinda sad when your own guild says it will not invite you to groups anymore unless you play sabo. theyre top dps dd, top dps ae, top kills and killshots in pvp. anything wrong with the picture?

I remember when parsing was a means for epeen or jsut to compete on a friendly level. then they introdcued raids that required a dps race or a certain lvl of dps... now groups expect you to hit a certain level and all us rogues are pigeonholed into playing 1 class. the other 7 .. well 6 (not bard) have no use at all. apparently just to solo around with for fun.

ughgh im heated as hell.

cause i bet my extra 300dps per fight as sabo vs another rogue spec is going to make the instance go by a 1/2 hour quicker. sad

Shadowlander

for days ive been trying to get T2 groups and my guildmates just pass me up, and today i found out that my choice of soul is why. My DPS isnt good enough for T2 dungeons apparently. cept I have tons of hit, and am in full T1 or better. /boggle

Shadowlander

not saying that other rogue specs don't need buffs, they do. I don't prefer sab.

but it sounds like your guild wants you to min/max and you're not willing to, find a new guild.

Shadowlander

oh i am, and i do myself. i just wont for the sake of frigging dungeon runs! parsing should be for fun at/on this level! and especially not when i can guaruntee there wil be some changes coming. its arrogance and elitism. and to think i been with em like 4 years

A pure DPS nightblade spec can out-do saboteur builds in single target dps, even if you go sab/rng and add in the pet's damage.

I've tested out different specs for the ~5 hours and come to this conclusion.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    A pure DPS nightblade spec can out-do saboteur builds in single target dps, even if you go sab/rng and add in the pet's damage.

I've tested out different specs for the ~5 hours and come to this conclusion.
    you're doing it wrong. :P

Soulwalker

Unfortunately it is quite common on my server atleast that only take in rogues as well.. bards.. Any other spec will quickly be declined in favor for pyromancers and necro/Warlocks simply because they do more damage. It is even rare to get a group as a sabo.
    Melee-rogues overall is actually rather pointless for now in PvE due to the simple facts that warriors dish out more damage than all our melee-roles aswell as being able to withstand more damage before dropping.

Obviously changes will be coming by and I for one welcome them, but I'm actually enjoying myself even if it means spending 95% of my time in dungeons as a role I do not really want.

For PvP I can't say I'm doing badly as any soul really, I could do better if I were to go with marksman or sabo but I'm holding my own very well as a nb/rs combo.

Soulwalker

You forgot that rift stalkers are still the easiest tanks to heal. So no, your only pigeonholed into 3 trees not just 2. Though there is a HUGE difference between a good and a bad rift-stalker tank.

Shadowlander

So what exactly is your problem with switching your spec to a better one?

Assassin builds definitely out DPS single target sabo.
    I do like Sabo AOE. I usually switch to sabo in AOE heavy areas and go asassin or marksman on
    single target mobs with beefy hp. The key here is... have good roles and switch between them. Don't just play 1 role your whole life.

I run a 5 man group constantly that clears experts, and normally we try to get the fastest/cleanest clear possible. What does this mean? It means i don't want to carry your garbage under par dps spec. You have 4 roles, one of them should be the spec that makes you do the most dmg, regardless of whether or not you like playing it.

I'm a warrior. I don't like the fact that our top dps spec atm is a pet spec. I'd rather play without a pet. But I play it because it clears **** fast and rapes the other specs.

I could see where being 1 spec for all things is tiring or boring, but as far as parsers go, there are dps checks in this game, and that's why there's a parser. Because the spec you love to play, that's so fun, just doesn't cut it when it comes to getting sh*t done.

Time to make that 4th role cutie

Quote Originally Posted by Auladian View Post
    kinda sad when your own guild says it will not invite you to groups anymore unless you play sabo. theyre top dps dd, top dps ae, top kills and killshots in pvp. anything wrong with the picture?

I remember when parsing was a means for epeen or jsut to compete on a friendly level. then they introdcued raids that required a dps race or a certain lvl of dps... now groups expect you to hit a certain level and all us rogues are pigeonholed into playing 1 class. the other 7 .. well 6 (not bard) have no use at all. apparently just to solo around with for fun.

ughgh im heated as hell.

cause i bet my extra 300dps per fight as sabo vs another rogue spec is going to make the instance go by a 1/2 hour quicker. sad
    Sabo isn't the best single target dps for a rogue...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrkle View Post
    Sabo isn't the best single target dps for a rogue...

sabo is the best dps spec a rogue can currently be, its all over the rogue forums with plenty of parsing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlyn View Post
    sabo is the best dps spec a rogue can currently be, its all over the rogue forums with plenty of parsing to back it up.
    Nope, sorry. : /

Koe

If people are refusing you as any spec but sabo, then something is wrong.

600 DPS is easy as marksman/ranger/sin, self buffs only, and in T1 gear. If they refuse that then they're going to refuse 99% of the people. There's also no reason to refuse that, as every encounter in the game is beataable easily if your DPS is putting out 600 per. Why not ask for beastmaster/champ/para Warriors only, then?

Edit: And roughyly 700-720 is easily attainable by a sin/nb DoT based spec.

Edit2: And why do you care? Not every build can be the same. Not every build can put out the same DPS.
    Last edited by Koe; 03-19-2011 at 07:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast