+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21

Thread: Expert Raid Rifts - Epic Items bypassing the greed/need

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Nikovdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    237

    Default Expert Raid Rifts - Epic Items bypassing the greed/need

    During our raid rift, an epic bow dropped that was an upgrade for almost every rogue in the raid. However, the item was placed into a mage's inventory (the bag you press in your looting planarite window) Being that it bypassed the greed/need rolling system that creates fair chance at items.. this Mage decided to play favoritism and gave it to someone he "wanted brownie points" with. This kind of loot shouldn't be being placed into people's loot menus. I'm sure our guild will make a rule on this or people will become upset like today, but this doesn't seem like a good loot distribution design for Expert Rifts. When you are in an expert dungeon.. no GEAR bypasses the greed/need rolling when it is active, and therefore there are no problems/disagreements with gear upgrades dropping.

    Simply, epics gear drops need to only drop for the group/raid as a whole, not thrown into individuals bags without any prompt.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker tyrannylol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default uh

    i dont see the difference, could have just as easily landed in your loot bag.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Did you not read his post at all? He said he would have preferred it went into no one's loot bag at all and instead into the group/raid loot chest, meaning you have to roll off against other people.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Nikovdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    237

    Default

    and I would have had the raid roll on it manually. The issue is epic gear shouldn't be dropping into people's bags without greed/need.
    Last edited by Nikovdh; 03-19-2011 at 01:51 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Muzzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    If it went into his loot bag where his planarite is its just a random reward for participation. So you saying he shouldnt get rewarded for showing up is a disgrace.

  6. #6
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzel View Post
    If it went into his loot bag where his planarite is its just a random reward for participation. So you saying he shouldnt get rewarded for showing up is a disgrace.
    Pretty much this.

    You can get epic essences from any rift, are you saying that it should not go into peoples' rewards windows?

    If it's a contribution reward, it's his and he can do what he wants with it.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Wait what the hell?


    An actual item went into someones Rift Contribution bag?

    Screenshots?


    Been doing Raid Rifts back and forth, never ever seen anything other than planarite, sourceshards, and rift consumables enter peoples bags. Gear has always gone to the chests.
    Zephris - Rogue
    GM of Paradox
    Guardians on Wolfsbane

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara idefiler6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikovdh View Post
    During our raid rift, an epic bow dropped that was an upgrade for almost every rogue in the raid. However, the item was placed into a mage's inventory (the bag you press in your looting planarite window) Being that it bypassed the greed/need rolling system that creates fair chance at items.. this Mage decided to play favoritism and gave it to someone he "wanted brownie points" with. This kind of loot shouldn't be being placed into people's loot menus. I'm sure our guild will make a rule on this or people will become upset like today, but this doesn't seem like a good loot distribution design for Expert Rifts. When you are in an expert dungeon.. no GEAR bypasses the greed/need rolling when it is active, and therefore there are no problems/disagreements with gear upgrades dropping.

    Simply, epics gear drops need to only drop for the group/raid as a whole, not thrown into individuals bags without any prompt.
    Sounds like you need to gkick a mage bro...
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default

    I received an epic bow in my contribution bag from a lowly expert rift. Expert and raid rifts have specific rewards for completing those last stages. The bow was his to do what he wanted with.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched Nikovdh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Corona, CA
    Posts
    237

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzel View Post
    If it went into his loot bag where his planarite is its just a random reward for participation. So you saying he shouldnt get rewarded for showing up is a disgrace.
    People get plenty of reward from planarite, essences, artifacts. They also get a fair chance at needing/greeding gear drops during the fights. Epic gear should stay within the Rift's actual rewards and not planted into people's bags.

    What your saying to me is people should be able to be given epics without giving everyone else in the raid a chance at it, so their greed takes over and they sell it, or their manipulative ideas take over and they hand it out to -specific- people that they favor or want brownie points with. I don't know where your head is, and you even said I'm a disgrace, when my preference for it is far more fair to all players.
    Last edited by Nikovdh; 03-20-2011 at 07:26 AM.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    104

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikovdh View Post
    People get plenty of reward from planarite, essences, artifacts. They also get a fair chance at needing/greeding gear drops during the fights. Epic gear should stay within the Rift's actual rewards and not planted into people's bags.

    What your saying to me is people should be able to be given epics without giving everyone else in the raid a chance at it, so their greed takes over and they sell it, or their manipulative ideas take over and they hand it out to -specific- people that they favor or want brownie points with. I don't know where your head is, and you even said I'm a disgrace, when my preference for it is far more fair to all players.
    What he is telling you is that there is no difference between that epic bow, any random amoumt of planarite, or any other item that the mage got after the rift was cleared.

    The loot tables for rift rewards is randomed on a individual user basis and not for a group. He got lucky and his roll gave him the bow and it is his to do with what he wants. I like having the chance to get a blue or purple from a rift without having to roll on it. I look at it as a nice bonus of plat if I sell it or an upgrade.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Got epic 2-hander from lootbag for killing invaders wardstone...should I give it away cuz it wasn't a corpseloot?Was solo...should I throw it away cuz not everyone has got equipment from riftloot bag?

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Poorly thought out arguement for greedy guild members was poorly thought out. It's all random, that bow was no more your guilds or yours or anyone elses, it was his. It was a random drop in a rift loot window, if he wants to gift it so be it.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    I can only agree with most other posters here, if it came from the rift loot window it was his to do with as he pleased. It was not part of the group/raid loot for the rift, but his personal loot (which every other member of the raid got as well, he just got lucky on the roll) and therefore his to do with as he pleases.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Veldan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    isn't anything you receive from the rift loot window soulbound, bind on pickup ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts