+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Expert Raid Rifts - Epic Items bypassing the greed/need

Default Expert Raid Rifts - Epic Items bypassing the greed/need

During our raid rift, an epic bow dropped that was an upgrade for almost every rogue in the raid. However, the item was placed into a mage's inventory (the bag you press in your looting planarite window) Being that it bypassed the greed/need rolling system that creates fair chance at items.. this Mage decided to play favoritism and gave it to someone he "wanted brownie points" with. This kind of loot shouldn't be being placed into people's loot menus. I'm sure our guild will make a rule on this or people will become upset like today, but this doesn't seem like a good loot distribution design for Expert Rifts. When you are in an expert dungeon.. no GEAR bypasses the greed/need rolling when it is active, and therefore there are no problems/disagreements with gear upgrades dropping.

Simply, epics gear drops need to only drop for the group/raid as a whole, not thrown into individuals bags without any prompt.

Default uh

i dont see the difference, could have just as easily landed in your loot bag.

Ascendant

Did you not read his post at all? He said he would have preferred it went into no one's loot bag at all and instead into the group/raid loot chest, meaning you have to roll off against other people.

and I would have had the raid roll on it manually. The issue is epic gear shouldn't be dropping into people's bags without greed/need.
    Last edited by Nikovdh; 03-19-2011 at 01:51 PM.

If it went into his loot bag where his planarite is its just a random reward for participation. So you saying he shouldnt get rewarded for showing up is a disgrace.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzel View Post
    If it went into his loot bag where his planarite is its just a random reward for participation. So you saying he shouldnt get rewarded for showing up is a disgrace.
    Pretty much this.

You can get epic essences from any rift, are you saying that it should not go into peoples' rewards windows?

If it's a contribution reward, it's his and he can do what he wants with it.

Rift Chaser

Wait what the hell?

An actual item went into someones Rift Contribution bag?

Screenshots?

Been doing Raid Rifts back and forth, never ever seen anything other than planarite, sourceshards, and rift consumables enter peoples bags. Gear has always gone to the chests.
    Zephris - Rogue
    GM of Paradox
    Guardians on Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Nikovdh View Post
    During our raid rift, an epic bow dropped that was an upgrade for almost every rogue in the raid. However, the item was placed into a mage's inventory (the bag you press in your looting planarite window) Being that it bypassed the greed/need rolling system that creates fair chance at items.. this Mage decided to play favoritism and gave it to someone he "wanted brownie points" with. This kind of loot shouldn't be being placed into people's loot menus. I'm sure our guild will make a rule on this or people will become upset like today, but this doesn't seem like a good loot distribution design for Expert Rifts. When you are in an expert dungeon.. no GEAR bypasses the greed/need rolling when it is active, and therefore there are no problems/disagreements with gear upgrades dropping.

Simply, epics gear drops need to only drop for the group/raid as a whole, not thrown into individuals bags without any prompt.
    Sounds like you need to gkick a mage bro...
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Telaran

I received an epic bow in my contribution bag from a lowly expert rift. Expert and raid rifts have specific rewards for completing those last stages. The bow was his to do what he wanted with.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzel View Post
    People get plenty of reward from planarite, essences, artifacts. They also get a fair chance at needing/greeding gear drops during the fights. Epic gear should stay within the Rift's actual rewards and not planted into people's bags.

What your saying to me is people should be able to be given epics without giving everyone else in the raid a chance at it, so their greed takes over and they sell it, or their manipulative ideas take over and they hand it out to -specific- people that they favor or want brownie points with. I don't know where your head is, and you even said I'm a disgrace, when my preference for it is far more fair to all players.
    Last edited by Nikovdh; 03-20-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Nikovdh View Post
    People get plenty of reward from planarite, essences, artifacts. They also get a fair chance at needing/greeding gear drops during the fights. Epic gear should stay within the Rift's actual rewards and not planted into people's bags.

What your saying to me is people should be able to be given epics without giving everyone else in the raid a chance at it, so their greed takes over and they sell it, or their manipulative ideas take over and they hand it out to -specific- people that they favor or want brownie points with. I don't know where your head is, and you even said I'm a disgrace, when my preference for it is far more fair to all players.
    What he is telling you is that there is no difference between that epic bow, any random amoumt of planarite, or any other item that the mage got after the rift was cleared.

The loot tables for rift rewards is randomed on a individual user basis and not for a group. He got lucky and his roll gave him the bow and it is his to do with what he wants. I like having the chance to get a blue or purple from a rift without having to roll on it. I look at it as a nice bonus of plat if I sell it or an upgrade.

Shadowlander

Got epic 2-hander from lootbag for killing invaders wardstone...should I give it away cuz it wasn't a corpseloot?Was solo...should I throw it away cuz not everyone has got equipment from riftloot bag?

Rift Disciple

Poorly thought out arguement for greedy guild members was poorly thought out. It's all random, that bow was no more your guilds or yours or anyone elses, it was his. It was a random drop in a rift loot window, if he wants to gift it so be it.

I can only agree with most other posters here, if it came from the rift loot window it was his to do with as he pleased. It was not part of the group/raid loot for the rift, but his personal loot (which every other member of the raid got as well, he just got lucky on the roll) and therefore his to do with as he pleases.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

isn't anything you receive from the rift loot window soulbound, bind on pickup ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast