+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon finder?

Soulwalker

Default Dungeon finder?

Do we know if we are getting a dungeon finder? It would be extremely helpful if we got one because trying to find a group for the lower level dungeon is a pain and can take as long as 3 hours on my server.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jagnon View Post
    Do we know if we are getting a dungeon finder? It would be extremely helpful if we got one because trying to find a group for the lower level dungeon is a pain and can take as long as 3 hours on my server.
    Even at higher levels a LFD is needed. All that happens on my server is dailies and the once every 2 hours someone putting a group together. Even in a guild with 242 people, only 7 ever do dungeons and those 7 wait untill 5/7 are on to do anything. This has also caused many to not go out of their guilds looking for groups (makes no sense to me but seems to be what's happening. Maybe they have hopes of loyality=becomming one of those 7 lol) On my server, makes it pretty boring. Sorry just don't feel like sitting around for 2-3 hours for a group. Cancelled my account. Will activate once/if game gets further developed. Overall I truely hope the game does come along better. First game other than WoW with real potential.
    Last edited by Hassel; 03-19-2011 at 12:57 PM.

I am fully for a shard-local dungeon finder. I've been spending every hour of the day trying to find T2 groups for the past several days, and only got into 1 or 2 groups despite dealing the highest DPS in all of them (so it isn't a gearscore issue).

I would be full T2 already if groups actually existed, it sucks being punished for something trivial compared to being punished for laziness etc.

Shadowlander

This game needs a X server dungeon finder BADLY. Doubt Trion could pull it off though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by wickedkae View Post
    This game needs a X server dungeon finder BADLY. Doubt Trion could pull it off though.
    Trion has the technology to create a cross server dungeon finder because they already have warfronts which finds you a group across all the servers. It's just a matter of if they believe it's good for the game. In my personal opinion this game could use one.

Id like a LFG/LFD tool because while leveling (my 2nd char now ;>) i hardly see any "LFM bla bla" in the channels, And even if i do LFM myself it can take me hours to make a group. With the LFD tool it would be easier BUT! and the but is needed, i dont want it to destroy the social aspect of the game and have loads of turds like WoW did, Get a group and its 3/4 guildys flaming you and then killing you on purpose shouting abuse then kicking you for no reason. If that happened id probs quit Rift as i have WoW because of how bad the social aspects of the game have gone down so much. I remember when i knew so many people in vanilla WoW from almost every guild on the server you be like "Oh XXXX is making a UBRS group he is good! i will go" and stuff.... As long as its good, dont destroy the social aspect or make total tools. Then im all for it, if its gonna end up as bad as WoWs then forget it :P
    CPU: AMD 1055T X6 3.8GHz Mobo: MSI Fuzion 870A GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6870 1024MB / Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 Core216 Ram: 8Gbz Mushkin Blackline DDR3 1600Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Id like a LFG/LFD tool because while leveling (my 2nd char now ;>) i hardly see any "LFM bla bla" in the channels, And even if i do LFM myself it can take me hours to make a group. With the LFD tool it would be easier BUT! and the but is needed, i dont want it to destroy the social aspect of the game and have loads of turds like WoW did, Get a group and its 3/4 guildys flaming you and then killing you on purpose shouting abuse then kicking you for no reason. If that happened id probs quit Rift as i have WoW because of how bad the social aspects of the game have gone down so much. I remember when i knew so many people in vanilla WoW from almost every guild on the server you be like "Oh XXXX is making a UBRS group he is good! i will go" and stuff.... As long as its good, dont destroy the social aspect or make total tools. Then im all for it, if its gonna end up as bad as WoWs then forget it :P
    I personally think that the LFG tool should be like joining warfronts, you get a popup with the option to join or ignore, and it lists the rest of the members so you can see who's in it.

That way you can still have personal avoidance lists.

way

**** that ****!

at first i thought - gogo gief dungeon finder!
    but you donŽt need it at all.
    just get your *** off and start /level 50 chat asking whats up if you want an expert.
    it takes me 1-5 mins to make a group...
    after a couple of weeks youŽll have so much peepz on your god damn friendlist that you just have to /w a few peepz and youŽre done.
    and the best part of it, you get to play with people you know! and you can sort them(crappy tank, ****ty dps etc etc etc)

There was a big discussion about this in the General Forum which from what i read had some pretty mixed views.

I am against having a Cross-shard dungeon finder as it encourages all of the negative features you find in World of Warcraft (i haven't played any other MMO with a cross-server dungeon finder so its the only comparison i can give) but as a compromise a shard-only dungeon finder.

The reasons i'm against having a dungeon finder is that it will devalue the dungeon loot considerably in my opinion, people will start being able to farm for dungeon gear (unless Trion start to Soulbound/BoP the gear).

Another reason is people will be more inclined to 'Rage Quit' after a wipe, which from my experience in World of Warcraft was a common occurance, and from my experience in Rift wipes occur more often as the difficulty of Dungeons is considerably higher, which will therefore have an impact on the community/social aspect of the game.

But like i mention, a shard-only Dungeon Finder is the only compromise that i can see happening. Don't get me wrong, the Dungeon Finder in World of Warcraft was extremely handy but i don't think it helped the social aspects in the game one bit.
    My goal in life is to make sure Trion takes the Rogue Bladedancer skill [Side Steps] off of the global cooldown!

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalMonkey View Post
    There was a big discussion about this in the General Forum which from what i read had some pretty mixed views.

I am against having a Cross-shard dungeon finder as it encourages all of the negative features you find in World of Warcraft (i haven't played any other MMO with a cross-server dungeon finder so its the only comparison i can give) but as a compromise a shard-only dungeon finder.

The reasons i'm against having a dungeon finder is that it will devalue the dungeon loot considerably in my opinion, people will start being able to farm for dungeon gear (unless Trion start to Soulbound/BoP the gear).

Another reason is people will be more inclined to 'Rage Quit' after a wipe, which from my experience in World of Warcraft was a common occurance, and from my experience in Rift wipes occur more often as the difficulty of Dungeons is considerably higher, which will therefore have an impact on the community/social aspect of the game.

But like i mention, a shard-only Dungeon Finder is the only compromise that i can see happening. Don't get me wrong, the Dungeon Finder in World of Warcraft was extremely handy but i don't think it helped the social aspects in the game one bit.
    Bosses in rift are ridiculously easy, the only thing that makes them hard is the players inside them. They require such skills as LOOKING AT YOUR SCREEN and MOVING OUT OF THE FIRE, for example.

Soulwalker

Poison is a lot harder to see in this game than fire to be fair

Just a clarification. But all the negative things that 'Happened' to WoW after their Dungeon Finder was implemented happened 3-4 years before they implemented it.

You'll get some inane stuff to happen at max level. But regular leveling it makes it alot of fun.

Shadowlander

This game has not even been out for more then a month. I would guess that only about 15% of a shards population is max level. Give it some more time and people will be running T1 and T2 dungeons left and right.
    Last edited by Nezpakish; 03-20-2011 at 02:00 PM.

No thanks for cross server dungeon finder, else what is the point of the friend list.

Plz trion don't kill the social aspect of the game as WoW have done.

Adungeon finder for the server could come in handy sure, but asking in the chat seemse to work out just fine for me at least.

Shadowlander

Personally I'd prefer an old fashioned "list of people who want to do this instance" thingy that you could sign up to. That way you'd actually have to talk to people instead of just being thrown into an instance with four random people you've never spoken to before. I don't think xshard or not matters as much if you actually have to convince someone to join your group with two bosses down, as I doubt people who go "lulz luts kik th1s n00by ****** b4 last boss 4 teh lulz!" will be able to do this successfully...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast