+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Icetalon in AP post update 3/18/2011

Default Icetalon in AP post update 3/18/2011

So, after having 1 shot this boss 4 times now, including the very first run through of expert AP, today was simply madness. Icetalon's charging leaving Ripping Talons dot seems to be bugged or broken somehow. Approximately one in five charges simply dealt the entirety of the dot upfront, netting a 6k+ strike from Icetalon, rather than a dot. Stacking to avoid a charge is useless considering the knockback. Also of concern is Icetalon's buff Falconer's Charge. I never paid attention to it (being main heal it wasn't really important.) but it seems to me the buff is not disappearing after the Falconer dies (is it supposed to?). We tried this boss for over an hour, finally just finishing off the rest of the bosses in one shots without killing Icetalon. The bonus to the cleave from the buff that doesn't disappear simply did too much damage to the tank, but even if it didn't, Icetalon charging our mage and one shotting and then shortly there after charging me and one shotting me made it impossible.

I can't say for sure if something with Icetalon is bugged out or not. Has anyone else noticed anything odd with this boss today or were we just overlooking some critical aspect of the fight we just jumped through unnoticed the previous times?

Rift Disciple

Icetalon wasn't changed yesterday?

Ran it on the 17th with a pug and didn't have any problems, didn't hit anyone for 6K...

Ran it for the first time today and killed him no problems, one of our group members did manage to get hit for 10k when he charged though.

6k hit is when you get charged... and it crits.

Plane Touched

It's not new, always been this way, and yes it's stupid. If you're unlucky, your healer gets crit charged and dies instantly. No way to avoid it, and then it's basically a wipe unless you can recover very quickly from it(combat rez from offhealer+cooldowns on tank). On one attempt, he charge critted the healer, then the offhealer, then the healer again(had been combat rezed). There's only so much you can do before it gets stupid. Just gotta keep trying until he stops critting, or crit late enough that you can still finish the fight, or crit someone who is not as vital like a DPS. Dumb fight.

The charge hits harder if the falconer is killed. Don't kill the falconer, that is what the buff is from. -25% damage taken and +buff to charge damage if I recall.

I like the "we had no problem" posts. Yes, that's why it's RNG.
    Rammadaeus
    Faeblight.
    Defiant Warrior.

this ability should not crit simple like that, if abilities can crit like that please add toughness to all gear so we can actually stand a chance, but as is everyone but tanks get one shot by it =/
    Last edited by Alyvian; 03-19-2011 at 11:47 PM.

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

We had this problem last night as well.

The fight wasn't that difficult assuming you understood the top off mechanic of the DoT, unless he randomly decides to 1 shot someone.

We were running Cleric/Chloro and he 1 shot the chloro at about 50%.

I brezzed, then he 1 shot me at about 12%. Chloro brezzed.

Stupid *** fight imo.

Soulwalker

Few fights with issues like this but yeh, getting crit charged, irrespective of if he has the buff or not is usually enough to kill anyone not a tank, this fight is only made difficult when rng works against you, and by difficult, I mean impossible.

+ Reply to Thread