+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plutonus

Rift Master

Default Plutonus

Anybody else getting wrecked by this guy? Our static has no problem one-shotting every other T2 boss, but this guy is absolutely destroying us. We downed him once with Warrior/Warrior DPS/Cleric/Bard/Mage and it went fairly well. During the attempt, our healer was fortunate enough to resist two dazes and the majority of the others hit DPS. Tonight we ended up throwing in the towel. Every attempt the healer would get dazed. Even with CD's the tank damage seems unhealable. Is the outcome of the fight supposed to be so reliant on RNG?

I think the mechanic with the walls and lasers is great. Even the tank damage is a good gear check for healers and tanks. The high HP pool pushes DPS. Overall, I'm happy with those mechanics, but when you add in seemingly unavoidable six second dazes that hit healers... well then all you can do is hope you get lucky. The tank can't go without heals for six seconds when the boss hits that hard. Even with a Chloro and CD's used, our tank would get gibbed.

If there's a way to avoid the dazes or at least avoid it hitting your healer, then disregard this entire post, but from experience that doesn't seem like the case.

Rift Disciple

Take a single target healer and a chloro, you can drop your bard.

Rift Disciple

With full T2+(T3 Raid Breastplate) I take non-blocked hits for about 3.3k. That's with like ~10.6k armor give or take and so on.

You should try modifying your tank and healer specs to include addons. Something like a 44 Paladin/22 Warlord or 44 Reaver/22 Warlord or whatever will serve you well because you can cooldown through those healer distracts. You might also try 1.5 healing (Bard+Cleric or Bard+Chloro).

Hope that helps.

ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

Telaran

I've pugged DSM a few times, I can easily two heal that last guy even on averaged geared tanks as chloro / bard. Just have your bard pop virtuoso or the tank CD on the healer fears.
    Christwo, Rogue
    <stay small NERDS>, Best bard in the world
    The way the best bards play.
    http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/4...ayriftbard.jpg
    After my recent River of Souls conquest, I have made a record of my great success.

Telaran

We used 2 Bards, a Warden, a Sabo, and Void Knight and had no issues downing him. If I got dazed as Warden the one of the bards would pop Virtuoso, but our tank was rarely getting hit hard enough for even that to matter anyway.

Rift Master

I was the Bard on our first kill, and I did exactly as was mentioned -- Virtuoso spam if our healer got dazed, but we just picked up a Chloro/Archon for off-heals so I went Sab for DPS. I figured Cleric/Chloro would have been plenty to keep a tank alive through the daze, but our tank was getting wrecked. Admittedly, I have no idea as to what a Chloro is capable of in terms of healing. Thanks for the replies. I guess we'll bang our heads against it some more.

edit: Our tank takes over 3k damage per swing. Even as a Bard with Virtuoso up, it was tight.
    Last edited by Zooks; 03-19-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Plane Touched

Well even at 3k per hit, it still takes 3consecutive hits with no healing for the tank to die, which you can extend a large amount by spamming heals/using cooldowns. Enough that your main healer is not stunned anymore. It's all about using cooldowns efficiently, the tank can help with that, 44reaver is REALLY nice with the 1min cooldown shieldwall thingie, unless your healer gets hit every single time by the confuse. It's a tough fight yes, but I don't really think it's much harder than Caellia(bit of randomness, stupid burst after the knockback if she casts her debuff that does AE dmg right away) or Scarn(high group damage and almost 100%death fireballs when flying). I guess the AP and RD final bosses are easier but it's fine for the most part.
    Last edited by Pyros; 03-19-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Shadowlander

Had no problems doing this fight with a cleric healer and a justicar backup. I actually tanked it with my paradon tank spec for the lolz (immune to knockback and a 30 sec 75% parry for 10 sec cd for if either 1 gets confused ftw)

Quote Originally Posted by Zooks View Post
    Anybody else getting wrecked by this guy? Our static has no problem one-shotting every other T2 boss, but this guy is absolutely destroying us. We downed him once with Warrior/Warrior DPS/Cleric/Bard/Mage and it went fairly well. During the attempt, our healer was fortunate enough to resist two dazes and the majority of the others hit DPS. Tonight we ended up throwing in the towel. Every attempt the healer would get dazed. Even with CD's the tank damage seems unhealable. Is the outcome of the fight supposed to be so reliant on RNG?

I think the mechanic with the walls and lasers is great. Even the tank damage is a good gear check for healers and tanks. The high HP pool pushes DPS. Overall, I'm happy with those mechanics, but when you add in seemingly unavoidable six second dazes that hit healers... well then all you can do is hope you get lucky. The tank can't go without heals for six seconds when the boss hits that hard. Even with a Chloro and CD's used, our tank would get gibbed.

If there's a way to avoid the dazes or at least avoid it hitting your healer, then disregard this entire post, but from experience that doesn't seem like the case.
    Did this fight with Riftstalker/Ranger/Champion/Warden/Chloro pretty easily. The only wipe we had was caused by the Chloro (me) not moving in from the edge after a knockback and having the daze run me straight into a laser.

If your tank is getting gibbed when one of the healers gets dazed, you (as a group) are doing something wrong. Your tank has cooldowns, your healers have cooldowns, your dps may or may not have cooldowns. Use them.

Alternatively, get your tank some better gear

Quote Originally Posted by Cody900 View Post
    Take a single target healer and a chloro, you can drop your bard.

Just solo healed this entire zone last night as chloro, with a part bard on some fights. As long as your single healer can keep up your tank, the extra dps is a Godsend.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

This fight actually is pretty easy. Don't stand in pound. Don't get punted into no where land.

Did it with Me/Paragon/Ranger/Chloro/Warden.

I would just toss up IG if the Warden or Chloro were MIA for whatever reason if my stupidly high block rate wasn't cutting it.
    Ogahn: 50 Dwarf Warrior Tank
    Ogaan: Dwarf 3x Cleric
    -Faeblight-

+ Reply to Thread