+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Boss in RD expert

Shadowlander

Default Last Boss in RD expert

He is very buggy at the moment sometimes when all of the ghost go down he will still instagib the group.

Telaran

after you kill an add it takes some time for the soul thing to fly back to the boss, so you actually have to kill all the adds within a shorter time than his cast

Shadowlander

Yeah this a pretty annoying bug. Couple times now we've all been running around trying to find the last mob and we couldn't see anything. He still blows us up. Can't even /target them.

Shadowlander

Happened to me also

Shadowlander

never had a problem with the boss at all, done RD about 25 times now, and not once had what you guys are saying.... you sure that you killed the adds fast enough. after you kill them there soul has to fly back before his cast. takes about 5-7 secs to get bk to him.

This is working as intended. Watch the fight, watch what happens when you kill an add.

Plane Walker

The time he takes to react after a ghost has flown into him is random and glitchy. It can differ between instant re-aggro to 4 seconds of additional cast time.

For groups with just enough DPS for the encounter, it is very frustrating.

Rift Disciple

Had this happen once to my group. We saw what happened ( we actually pay attention to how fights work ) and started pulling the ghosts next to the boss while we killed them. This minimized the spirit flight time and bam, he died our next attempt.

Think of the solution not the problem.

Shadowlander

The people saying tank them closer to the boss haven't experienced the problem I guess. I know the souls have a travel time to the boss when killed. The problem is sometimes there are no adds up and he'll still kill us. You can't /target them or anything. The most notable time I've seen this is during the later phase. Usually you can instantly tell if it's going to happen. It just doesn't seem like he summons the number of adds that should be there for that round. Our group members run around the entire outside, nobody seems them, and he still wipes us.

Ascendant

It's also fun when he bugs out when you wipe and when you try again he instantly goes into channeling the instagib without summoning any adds for you to kill.

way

so wait, your group sucked and got no chance killing the adds in time, so the encounter must be buggy?
    i did it several times, and he never bugged for me and my whole guild.
    ps: itīs intended to wipe everyone if you donīt kill the adds fast enough.
    but, i have to admit - thereīs an issue with the cast time... it starts on full duration sometimes so you have no plan at all how much time left ;-D

Rift Chaser

Hmm, no he is definitely bugged.

We've killed him several times, and yet last night we were wiping around the 20-25% mark.

Last add dies - the gold ghost sphere DOES fly out to and reach him, and STILL have him blow us up a second or two later. One time it was 3+ seconds after the sphere reached him.

Got him down, but **** did we all have a migraine after that having been throwing our faces @ a boss we easily downed the week before.

EDIT: While we are on the subject of RD - The Ghouls near the previous boss (Atrophineous) respawned two damned times during the fight. And we killed the one that kept aggroing us RIGHT before the pull. So 3 times we had to kill that damned ghoul in a 6minute (guesstimating) timeframe.

Fix that too.
    Last edited by Zephris; 03-19-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    Zephris - Rogue
    GM of Paradox
    Guardians on Wolfsbane

Cleared the zone yesterday , no issues.

The boss has 4 mechanics , when you understand them the fights a simple timed DPS check.

+ Reply to Thread