+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth Nerfs, Equilateral Progression, and Game Longevity

Shadowlander

Default Stealth Nerfs, Equilateral Progression, and Game Longevity

I see the game about to take a drastic turn for the worse, between the imbalance in pvp and the points mentioned in the title. Today I noticed a major nerf in a T1 instance (for you elitists, when you hit 50 2 days ago, and your running with fresh 50s cause your server lvls fast, its huge) Emberlord Ereetu had his health increased by 40k, the exploit fixed, the shard rate increased by about 5s and his damage increased by around 20%, all without a single mention of these changes in the patch notes, this seriously inhibits my want to progress in pve, knowing that one day i'll be able to clear an instance, and the next i wont be able to kill it.

That raises the issue of equilateral progression. A healer or dps class will hit 50, and with a good spec and half a brain, will instantly be in T2 progression, completely skipping t1, with little to no adverse effects. Whereas a tank will need to farm all 5 T1s for atleast 3 days to get anything.

And finally, Game Longevity... Grinding does not a good game make.
    In order to create a long living game, add content, not repeat mechanics. If i have to clear x 50 times for y, im more inclined to leave the game than if i can do any number of ways to get y. Take a hint from Sony. In order to get into the top gear i should have a number of options, grind plaques, craft, grind rifts, get carried, buy it. EQ was the first successful game, and a star icon in many gamer's memories. If original EQ release on a modern graphics engine, i'd be there in a heartbeat, its a large game, not the appearance of large though grinding, but a large game.

Plane Touched

your new to mmo's. tanks have always had the worset grind for gear.and then everyone else spends days killing thing for drops.
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Shadowlander

actually you wrong on both counts. I've been playing mmos for 11 years
    Tanks generally have a slightly slower progression, though generally because they drops are more speciallized, its never something to this degree where a tank is the only one who NEEDS to go through progression

Endgame is all about gaining items to gain more items.
    Even with the buff to dungeons I feel that Trion is still way off.
    It should take 1-2 months just to gain full t1 not a month to fully gear t2 and kill a couple raid bosses.

This game has not been out very long, and as an interesting side note I bought this game three days after it went live. Did not play in beta or in headstart. The day I bought it, I had almost a 9 gig patch. Trion is working on it.

Love the game, and most of the players.

(Tank gear seems so hit or miss when I do dungeons. I either see three pieces or none)
    Casual= Planning game around life
    Hardcore= Planning life around game

Quote Originally Posted by Nimicry View Post
    This game has not been out very long, and as an interesting side note I bought this game three days after it went live. Did not play in beta or in headstart. The day I bought it, I had almost a 9 gig patch. Trion is working on it.

Love the game, and most of the players.

(Tank gear seems so hit or miss when I do dungeons. I either see three pieces or none)
    you didn't download a 9g patch, u downloaded the game :P

+ Reply to Thread