+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Plaque Nerf

Rift Disciple

Default Plaque Nerf

4 Plaques for completing a T2 now, really? To everyone not in T2 gear: have fun grinding more for your gear.

It looks like Trion is upset that people are progressing through their content, so instead of improving the user experience, they add more grind. That's cute.
    Last edited by Larry King; 03-18-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Yea I'm a little surprised about this update.

Don't you get 5 plaques for completing T1?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
    4 Plaques for completing a T2 now, really? To everyone not in T2 gear: have fun grinding more for your gear.

It looks like Trion is upset that people are progressing through their content, so instead of improving the user experience, the add more grind. That's cute.
    Yeah, not too pleased with this to be honest. They already nerfed it from the bosses so people who got in early got geared very quickly. Then they nerf the final reward so that people who are behind are now even further behind. Not sure what their thinking is on this.

T2 gear isn't very good anyway. The actual gear you get from running the dungeons is better, sadly.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Comunique View Post
    T2 gear isn't very good anyway. The actual gear you get from running the dungeons is better, sadly.
    Drop rates are fickle. By nerfing the plaque reward rate, Trion is simply hurting people who have yet to farm their T2 gear. I consider the timing extremely poor, and I always condemn patches that introduce more grind.

Rift Disciple

This is absolutely complete and utter crap. It takes 1K plaques to get full T2 gear from the vendor. With the loot tables completely jacked like they are ( full chain/cloth dropping every....single....dungeon off every single boss and the trash BoE's ) this makes it so you have to do roughly 90-100 T2 dungeon runs to afford the T2 gear. Even if you do all 5 every day thats still almost a month to get full T2 plaque gear.

As a person just starting T2 dungeons ( cleared RD for the first time last night ) the higher plaque reward made me not worry about being able to get plaque loot. I knew that getting 25 per run would make it ok with my limited time to play and that I would still be able to keep up to people fairly well doing only 1-2 per night.

Now with this nerf its going to take so damn long to get gear and with not a damn bit of rogue loot dropping at all in 4 days in all of my runs ( roughly 3-5 dungeons each day since i've been off work and had the time ) this is going to seriously make me reconsider spending all my time in dungeons. The rewards just arent there between this nerf and the lack of any loot dropping at all for myself, the second rogue in my group or the warrior in my group.

Horrible and utterly unneeded nerf.

I can understand if they felt that the number of plaques you get was a little too high, but going from 15 to 4 seems like a mighty big change.

Damn I already have my full dps set, looks like I won't get the last 2 pieces of my full tank set tomorrow...

/cry

Plane Touched

A terrible change, puts T2 at like 14plaques per completion, when you need what, 800plaques for the set? Mind you I already have most of my DPS gear, it just annoys me to know I probably will never get a complete tanking set now because there's no direct Justicar drops in T2 that I have seen(besides shields) so I needed the tanking set, and due to toughness changes I needed 3 pieces of T2 to complete it. There's no way I'm getting the 200plaques or whatever it is for the chest at 14 a pop, and I'll keep the plaques I get from raiding to buy my raiding gear. Basically gave me a reason to not log in anymore besides raid since experts are now useless, and crafting is also useless(yay apothecary).

Pretty **** nerf considering how much other people were able to gear from the way it was before. I hope they find a better solution before the free month expires.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Larry King View Post
    Drop rates are fickle. By nerfing the plaque reward rate, Trion is simply hurting people who have yet to farm their T2 gear. I consider the timing extremely poor, and I always condemn patches that introduce more grind.
    So you want easy mode gear? Let me guess your previous MMO was WoW? I know you guys just love tokens over there.

14 per doesnt seem that bad, t1 gear + 20 toughness chest still gets you 120, which is enough for anything but Greenscale.

sucks about t2 gear going down, i was JUST about to start a t2 for my chest piece, now i think i will be a few plaques off.

If this is true, consider my account canceled. Complete and utter clownshoes. You want us to run almost 100 dungeons to farm a full plaque set? I didn't sign up for a Korean MMO, or at least I thought I didn't.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Comunique View Post
    Minor catalysts require 5 plaques to buy.
    I'm not sure what it was before, but putting it JUST out of range is cruel.
    Last edited by Untouch; 03-18-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So you want easy mode gear? Let me guess your previous MMO was WoW? I know you guys just love tokens over there.
    Did the dungeons get harder? No? Oh, right they're not any harder than they were before, you just have to run more of them for no reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast