+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Duke in Greenscale Blight too easy?

Rift Disciple

Default Duke in Greenscale Blight too easy?

Last week I took a raid group of two different guilds into Greenscale to farm trash and learn how to do the first boss. After 2-3 hours of wiping we eventually called our raid as it was getting late.

Last night we brought 12 people that were in the raid the prior week, and 8 new people. In around an hour we downed Duke. Let's keep in minds that a large portion of our raid was not hit or focus capped (I Would venture to sa 65% were a bit shy of focus/hit cap. While I like killig new bosses and exploring new content, why only 1.8 mil hp?

He's rather easy, because he's the very first boss in the very first raid zone. Take your pug raid to Infiltrator, Oracle, or Hylas and tell me that was easy.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsolid View Post
    Last week I took a raid group of two different guilds into Greenscale to farm trash and learn how to do the first boss. After 2-3 hours of wiping we eventually called our raid as it was getting late.

Last night we brought 12 people that were in the raid the prior week, and 8 new people. In around an hour we downed Duke. Let's keep in minds that a large portion of our raid was not hit or focus capped (I Would venture to sa 65% were a bit shy of focus/hit cap. While I like killig new bosses and exploring new content, why only 1.8 mil hp?
    Get to the second boss with that same group lacking focus and hit and let me know how those bombs treat you.

He is the first boss for a reason, he teaches some mechanics and team work. Working as intended.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Deistik View Post
    He's rather easy, because he's the very first boss in the very first raid zone. Take your pug raid to Infiltrator, Oracle, or Hylas and tell me that was easy.
    Infiltrator is rather easy, its a simple DPS check. After you figure out how the encounter works, Oracle Aleria is also easy. Even Prince Hylas is a walk in the park, at least until you get to his last phase, it gets pretty crucial there.

Even Greenscale wouldn't be so hard if he didn't bug out every other phase. It was very fun and a great introductory raid dungeon.
    Last edited by Kiluvian; 03-18-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?u=37546&type=sigpic&dateline=1296618568

Quote Originally Posted by Kiluvian View Post
    Infiltrator is rather easy, its a simple DPS check. After you figure out how the encounter works, Oracle Aleria is also easy. Even Prince Hylas is a walk in the park, at least until you get to his last phase, it gets pretty crucial there.

Even Greenscale wouldn't be so hard if he didn't bug out every other phase. It was very fun and a great introductory raid dungeon.
    You (and I) think Infiltrator is a simple DPS check because you (and I) are not in a pug. Try to get a bunch of random people to all avoid bombs/landmines/wisps in phase 4, and I bet you'd take a different view.
    <Disturbance> @Vigil
    Had a dream, I was King; I woke up, still King.
    Wizards never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsolid View Post
    While I like killig new bosses and exploring new content, why only 1.8 mil hp?
    It was 1.5mil the other week, they increased it actually.

2nd and 4th bosses are the real gear/raid checks. Particularly Prince Hylas, pre-buff he was tough, now hes savage. The first boss is supposed to ease you in so don't get over confident
    Roasty L50 T3 Mage Seastone -Awakening-

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Roastage View Post
    2nd and 4th bosses are the real gear/raid checks. Particularly Prince Hylas, pre-buff he was tough, now hes savage. The first boss is supposed to ease you in so don't get over confident
    minchar111

2nd boss's gear check is relatively easy (mostly just making sure most of your raid is hit capped - can also be done with very few healers)
    Last edited by Xecute; 03-23-2011 at 04:47 AM.
    Guild Master of <stay small Nerds>

Rift Chaser

There's a intro to raiding video from the RIFT devs out there somewhere where they do a runthrough of Blight. When they get to the first boss they actually say that he's intentionally kept fairly simple and is there to act as an introductory Raid boss more or less, one with fairly simplistic mechanics but raid level gear requirements for at least some of the raid.

+ Reply to Thread