+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BoE Epic Drops A Little Too Often?! Whats The Point Of Buying/Selling. Devs Help!

Exclamation BoE Epic Drops A Little Too Often?! Whats The Point Of Buying/Selling. Devs Help!

So a few days ago I seen a post about BoE epics in T2 dungeons dropping too often. I had run RD not clearing full and didn't see any. Though ok this must be BS. Well today we cleared RD and AP....

We got 9 BoE epics to drop from just those 2 dungeons...

Not only that we had 2 BoE offhands drop from the SAME trash pull.

So I know people will rage or fuss but imo drop rates on BoEs need to be turned down quite a bit. Please take a look at this and imagine the economy epic wise later on... Crafters have it bad enough that their stuff is as good as T1 blues. But if you can get the overflooded AH epics from T2 for 5plat why even bother anymore.
    Currently Level 50 Cleric, Warrior, And Mage, Working on Rogue!

Ascendant

Are you really concerned with crafters, or the fact that the phat purplez won't have the e-peen value you hope for?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Are you really concerned with crafters, or the fact that the phat purplez won't have the e-peen value you hope for?
    Consider this. I just bought the epic offhand recipe then turn around and everyone and their mother already has the BoE drop from RD. I saw it drop twice off the SAME trash pull when I was in there today. Give it a week and people will be fighting to get theirs sold out the Ah for like 5plat.

Economy is supply and demand. If the materials to make an offhand costs 20plat. Yet people are farming RD trash and have 5 or so offhands in the AH for 10plat.

Why even bother doing tradeskills at all?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Pretty sure it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Pretty sure it's the latter.
    Ya because i would use crafting as an example instead of just rambling about how epics wouldn't be epics anymore if their so readily available to anyone with a few plat in their pockets?

Go troll on WoW where people could care less if the game and its economy is trash. Unlike most of you people actually care to improve the game and make it into something that keeps getting better as it goes on.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by IanAKASobe View Post
    Ya because i would use crafting as an example instead of just rambling about how epics wouldn't be epics anymore if their so readily available to anyone with a few plat in their pockets?

Go troll on WoW where people could care less if the game and its economy is trash. Unlike most of you people actually care to improve the game and make it into something that keeps getting better as it goes on.
    People aren't always upfront about their intentions behind a thought or action. It isn't 'cool' to complain about purples not being epeen material at all, but everyone would get a bleeding heart over the crafting crap. I don't know any theme park game in which most crafted items are better than the majority of dungeon drops. If you want an experience like that, you need to play a sandbox game.

I find myself running T2s over and over trying to get the epic drops that seem to be better than the purchasable T2 gear. BoE's do seem to drop often enough, but there are only so many BoE's, and they aren't better than the BoPs that drop. Even if you do care about crafting, it isn't meant to be the endgame.

Ha, I remember the first time my guild cleared about half of Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent in the 2nd/3rd week after cata released, we got so many epics dropping off trash. We made nearly 500k gold from selling them. It was so nice raiding with the gbank paying for raid consumables. So stress free...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by ethix View Post
    Ha, I remember the first time my guild cleared about half of Bastion of Twilight and Blackwing Descent in the 2nd/3rd week after cata released, we got so many epics dropping off trash. We made nearly 500k gold from selling them. It was so nice raiding with the gbank paying for raid consumables. So stress free...
    You must be referring to an inferior product on a superior forum. I noticed this bcusae we seem to really lack guild banks. Hrmph
    J

Also, OP do us a favor and delete your very distracting and pointless signature. I can troll you by finding your posts on the boards, I don't need a list of your in game characters to do it.
    Last edited by Ironsolid; 03-18-2011 at 09:01 AM.

i am sure each server/shard has it's own flavor of drop

Quote Originally Posted by IanAKASobe View Post
    So a few days ago I seen a post about BoE epics in T2 dungeons dropping too often. I had run RD not clearing full and didn't see any. Though ok this must be BS. Well today we cleared RD and AP....

We got 9 BoE epics to drop from just those 2 dungeons...

Not only that we had 2 BoE offhands drop from the SAME trash pull.

So I know people will rage or fuss but imo drop rates on BoEs need to be turned down quite a bit. Please take a look at this and imagine the economy epic wise later on... Crafters have it bad enough that their stuff is as good as T1 blues. But if you can get the overflooded AH epics from T2 for 5plat why even bother anymore.
    It's not winning that counts.
    It's making sure everyone else loses

+ Reply to Thread