+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Toughness cap

  1. #1
    Shadowlander olurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default Toughness cap

    Any tank know what the toughness cap is to run T1 expert dungeon.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer tordana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    996

    Default

    First I'm going to be a ****:

    Use your search button, this has come up hundreds of times.

    Next I'm going to not be a ****:

    50.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    First 50, second and most important, be a rogue or a cleric warriors tankers are the worst.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander olurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    41

    Default Lol

    Warrior tanking is not bad. You guys should l2p before posting someting like that.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer tordana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    996

    Default

    Says the guy that obviously hasn't done any experts because he doesn't know what the requirement is to go in there.

    k.

  6. #6
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Says the guy that obviously hasn't done any experts because he doesn't know what the requirement is to go in there.

    k.
    ^ This.

    /10char

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Zayrinoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tordana View Post
    Says the guy that obviously hasn't done any experts because he doesn't know what the requirement is to go in there.

    k.
    He isn't wrong about this, however. Warriors are fine.

    Effective Health: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Ranger - Avoidance: 36 Riftstalker/8 Bard/22 Bladedancer - Healthy Mix: 51 Riftstalker/7 Bard/8 Bladedancer
    Riftstalker Tanking - Key Abilities and Mechanics 2.0
    Zayrinoke, Level 50 Bahmi Rogue - Zerstorer, Level 43 Bahmi Warrior - Asche, Level 20 Kelari Cleric - Haifisch, Level 32 Eth Mage
    Multiple Shards

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arantyr View Post
    First 50, second and most important, be a rogue or a cleric warriors tankers are the worst.
    LOL

    Oh my...

    My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Mantiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olurr View Post
    Any tank know what the toughness cap is to run T1 expert dungeon.
    1. We can ignore the goofballs who replied. They are obviously untalented and rely heavily on very specific tanks to accomplish the vastly simply and easy T1/2 content.

    2. Toughness cap and requirement are two different things. You can easily start in on some of the T1 dungeons like IT with 0-30 toughness. Once you're above 50 toughness then dive right into the T2 if capable and get some faster plaques and gear.

    3. Ensure that you also get your hit up, toughness is awesome for the crits, but you need hit to keep threat. Right now I'm somewhere around 130ish toughness and 120 or more hit.

    My advice would be to try out the easer T1 dungeons right now and if anything the first few bosses are simple and yield good loot. Go hit up IT, FC, LH and maybe KB (Manticores, yeah.) If you find yourself being insta gibbed then you can go back and farm more, but I'll bet you'll get to cap in a few nights of farming and be well into T2 from there.
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.


  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    122

    Default

    yea warriors are not the worst tanks if played right they are the easiest so far for me to heal, and out of like the 20 ish t1's ive done only 2 of them ive had a tank with over 40 toughness so its not hard to heal, id say the only thing hard would be not having a support class and even then its not really needed unless the group takes mass aoe dmg from 1 of the mechanics so far only 1-2 bosses in each t1 actually helps from having a support the rest are solo healable

  11. #11
    Telaran Anarok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikersgun View Post
    yea warriors are not the worst tanks if played right they are the easiest so far for me to heal, and out of like the 20 ish t1's ive done only 2 of them ive had a tank with over 40 toughness so its not hard to heal, id say the only thing hard would be not having a support class and even then its not really needed unless the group takes mass aoe dmg from 1 of the mechanics so far only 1-2 bosses in each t1 actually helps from having a support the rest are solo healable
    Guess I have some gearing to do, cause I can't solo heal them :/ I have a Purifier / Sentinel mix and Warden spec and ALWAYS need / want a support healer with me.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Mantiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,052

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarok View Post
    Guess I have some gearing to do, cause I can't solo heal them :/ I have a Purifier / Sentinel mix and Warden spec and ALWAYS need / want a support healer with me.
    Depends on the fight and certainly ability. Some fights simply require tow healers due to all the stuns/fears/whatever. While others have a crap done of cleansing to do, easier as a Sent obviously. I've had solo healers for bosses and others where we still use 2 every time. This normally isn't for the tank though as much as it is another mechanic and we want to ensure the squishies don't, well, squish.

    Entry level healers seem to be in the 350-500 range. Excellent healers are topiing 800+ hps and fully ready for T2. Given the tank and group I've also had a 550-600 hps cleric solo heal for most of CC and AP the other night. <shrug>
    The mind of a perfect man is like a mirror. It grasps nothing. It expects nothing. It reflects but does not hold. Therefore, the perfect man can act without effort.
    New battle theme for the awesome racial changes: Big bouncing Bhami, bravely bounding by bizarre beasts, before battle begins.


  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Warrior tanks are fine.. We have been clearing t2 content and I am tanking as a warrior. What makes you think they are so horrible?
    Last edited by nickbielli; 03-18-2011 at 01:44 PM.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Warriors are bad tanks? lolwut first ive heard about it and i play one, someone explain ?

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara Tirium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nickbielli View Post
    Warrior tanks are fine.. We have been clearing t2 content and I am tanking as a warrior. What makes you think they are so horrible?
    It's not that their bad or unplayable, but the vast majority of the fights are easier for a Riftstalker or Justicar. I've done everything in t2 just fine as well, but many of the fights I find myself thinking "oh, how much easier my life would be with a teleport."
    Ogahn: 50 Dwarf Warrior Tank
    Ogaan: Dwarf 3x Cleric
    -Faeblight-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts