+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to....

Soulwalker

Default How to....

So I'm high enough lvl to start dungeons but i don't know how to do them... Do i just say DPS LF<insert name here> and hope a group picks me up? Then do i have to go find it? How does the mechanics works?

Soulwalker

Yea that is basically how you do it, or start a group of your own.

If you dont know where it is, just have some one else in your group go there and you will have the ability to teleport directly to the instance.

About the mechanics, after a few runs everything will be pretty clear to you, until then, just ask the group you are in.

Rift Disciple

most of the time its not until the first boss that people ask if people know what to do.. just say no and be told the basic run downs.. i normaly forget half the runs but since im healing i can normaly just fluke it and noone knows... lol
    For all the errors we as a user base have, had and will get, know that Trion is a company that does seem to try to help, that is itself is a lot more than some other game company I could name...

Rift Disciple

Yup thats it. And don't worry about mechanics, just let everyone know this is your first time in and if there is anything you can do that will lead to certain doom to let you know, preferably before you do it. If anything you do does lead to doom it was the ranger's pet that did it, not you.

I totally don't mind explaining boss fights to people that don't know. What I hate is wiping, asking everyone if they know the fight, and having three people say no. And I don't know if you tank or heal, but if you do then do it, don't waste your time going DPS because you think tanks and healers aren't allowed to learn like everyone else.

+ Reply to Thread