+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Disruption of Expert Rifts on a PvE server

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default Disruption of Expert Rifts on a PvE server

    So, just had this happen to my group. We opened an expert rift in stillmoor and were doing fine and along comes a group of defiant players. They stood off to the side watchign for a bit then flagged pvp and ran into the rift and started attacking the mobs. Naturally our AEs and such hit them flagging us. They turned on the group and proceeded to kill the rest of my group while i tanked the main boss. Then they attacked the main boss completely screwing any contribution we had as we had just started him.


    I understand that you can turn auto flag off and that is why i didnt get flagged for pvp. Doom on the rest of my group. My problem here is the fact that my entire group was screwed out of contribution and therefore the sourceshards from the rift. This is pure griefing and shouldnt be allowed. They did nothing for the souls or the rep to open the expert rift and they didnt buy the husk to start it.

    Talk about completely losing interest in opening and doing expert rifts when an entire group can be completely hosed out of contribution. Whats going to happen in small 10 man raids? Why is this allowed on a PvE server of all things?

    It's just pure griefing and screwing a group out of something they worked for. Make expert rifts so that others cant jack with them please. At the very least on PvE servers.

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Emarithiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    The solution to your problem was in your post. Get your guildies to turn off auto flagging.

    Problem solved.
    "This raid needs more squirrel."

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal-Torak View Post
    The solution to your problem was in your post. Get your guildies to turn off auto flagging.

    Problem solved.
    As I stated I already fixed that. My problem is the fact that we lose contribution.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Wow, I hadn't thought to run across an example even more pathetic than the "people" (and I use the term loosely) who thought it would be cute to use the same flag-and-run-into-the-AoEs trick to grief zone invasions in Freemarch by taking in a group of 50s and one-shotting a raid full of people in the single digit levels.

    The problem is that the flagging system is utterly broken, and has been since inception; fix flagging - change it to 'off' by default and remove the penalty for toggling it off (being attacked by invincible NPCs) and the problem goes away.

    Hopefully they'll get around to this sooner rather than later.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I don't see any problem with this. A group of players of the enemy faction were crafty and jacked your stuff. Yeah, it sucks, but it's part of the game (and should be allowed.) They are the enemy faction. Their purpose is to DESTROY you.

  6. #6
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banuvan View Post
    As I stated I already fixed that. My problem is the fact that we lose contribution.
    The loot goes to the group who opens it.

    All you would lose is some planarite.

    My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    233

    Default

    I guess my opinion doesn't matter as much since I do play on a pvp server, and you play on pve to avoid pvp in world, but if you DO play on a pvp server at least you come to expect stuff like that anyway.

    To be perfectly honest, and maybe it's because I was the third one to fifty and I'm pretty well geared, people really don't jack you that much on pvp servers.

    I think the competition should definitely be there between defiant and guardians even on pve servers, if only for contribution, and only on rifts.

  8. #8
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278

    Default

    You get guaranteed sourceshards from the chests. Sure with high contribution you might get an additional one, but that's not that big of a deal because the actual good items(epic essences, epic items and 2sourceshards) are from chests which are locked to the person/group that opened the rift.

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    The loot goes to the group who opens it.

    All you would lose is some planarite.
    and crystal sourceshard

  10. #10
    Telaran Fiddlesnarff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    PvP should never disrupt or hinder PvE progression at all imo.

    My entire raid rift group could not complete because one rogue activate an item that was spawned by the rift, the tanks needed to be able to activate it themselves to survive the adds, whenever the rogue would activate this, the item went on cooldown and the tank would die.
    There is no point in doing any outdoor experts or raids if it is this easy for he opposite faction to completely deny the entire group any progression or loot.
    Its stupidly obvious what should have been there from the start, only players in the raid group that started the Rift should be able to use items that were spawned and only they should be able to taunt those Rift mobs.
    I have never made a "I quit" post before, but if Trion continues to allow this to happen, I will cancel my subscription.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarff; 03-19-2011 at 12:53 AM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Pixel Monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,231

    Default

    this will work out in the long run, initiating and instigation will play a big part toward including ronin factions as a part of the rift experience,

    once majority get really kickass it should be a lot of fun crossing borders
    who took my names!

  12. #12
    Telaran Dark Exile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarff View Post
    I have never made a "I quit" post before, but if Trion continues to allow this to happen, I will cancel my subscription.
    umm goodbye, dont get thing your own way so you wanna quit coz u cant have easy mode? yeh game will be better without you
    my 2 cents

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maedis View Post
    I don't see any problem with this. A group of players of the enemy faction were crafty and jacked your stuff. Yeah, it sucks, but it's part of the game (and should be allowed.) They are the enemy faction. Their purpose is to DESTROY you.
    That's all well and great but this gentleman is on a PVE server. They made a choice to roll on a PVE server, and they shouldn't have to deal with forced PVP interaction if they don't want to.

    I imagine that Trion will implement the 'raid barrier' they had discussed previously for PVE servers, while leaving PVP servers free for all as they are currently. I think that's a solution that provides both contingents of players with their desired game experiences.


    ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Aalst, Belgium
    Posts
    61

    Default

    I can see your point (OP) but tbh, if you do expert rifts, just make sure all is turned off for PvP flagging and all should be fine, don't come crying on the forums just because a few people can't handle a simple task.

    If you did this the first time, you wouldn't have cried, this post wasn't here, and there was no drama.

    Simple!

    It can happen, be prepared for it next time! PvE or not, they outwitted you and you got pwned! Own damn fault.
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-rift/9016_05460dffb4b2937c.png

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    222

    Default

    Just be glad they didn't do what guild nerfed did on wolfsbane to get server firsts. Pve btw. Taunted other guilds rift bosses until dr took affect. Then drug the boss away to reset.
    Last edited by Gargoyles; 03-19-2011 at 12:01 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts