+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question about Iron Tomb

Default Question about Iron Tomb

Yesterday two guildies and I had a lot of fun in IF. We all were level 20, and it was only the 3 of us. But we went in expecting to get stomped and so had a good time just staying on our feet. Then we hit the 3 kings. We managed to take each one down alone, although the last guy was a PITA, given his ability to heal himself. We were then surprised - and then quickly dead - when they all 3 respawned together. As the tank, I tried pulling one off from the other two from a balcony. This, of course, failed and resulted in chaos and death. I assume we screwed up somewhere.

What we were supposed to do? We tried to drag them into the soul trap-thing but it didn't work. Were we supposed to do that after the initial kill of each king?

Telaran

when they come together. down cleric first.. then warrior then the last guy. gotta get that cleric down

it is just a dps\heal check... gotta beat them all down. Been a while since I did normal but I believe you can interupt the heals from the cleric too which will help...

Quote Originally Posted by Erista View Post
    Yesterday two guildies and I had a lot of fun in IF. We all were level 20, and it was only the 3 of us. But we went in expecting to get stomped and so had a good time just staying on our feet. Then we hit the 3 kings. We managed to take each one down alone, although the last guy was a PITA, given his ability to heal himself. We were then surprised - and then quickly dead - when they all 3 respawned together. As the tank, I tried pulling one off from the other two from a balcony. This, of course, failed and resulted in chaos and death. I assume we screwed up somewhere.

What we were supposed to do? We tried to drag them into the soul trap-thing but it didn't work. Were we supposed to do that after the initial kill of each king?
    Then you kill them all together First the healer of course, preferably with someone interrupting his heals. The soul trap thing is for a quest you finish after the boss(es) are dead.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

So we are supposed to fight all 3 of them after killing each one in turn? Ack! (And I lost my bet to a guildy!) I guess we will get a few more levels and try again, concentrating on the cleric.

Thanks a lot for the info.

So we are supposed to fight all 3 of them after killing each one in turn? Ack! (And I lost my bet to a guildy!) I guess we will get a few more levels and try again, concentrating on the cleric.

Thanks a lot for the info.
    You could just go in with a full group. A group of players around lvl17 - lvl19 can do it reasonably well. Just make sure they let the tank pick the three up when they spawn all together and they focus one at a time.
    If you want to get healed in warfronts, follow the Covenant of Healing:
    1. Stay near your team. Healing spells have a 35m range and you're not the only one who needs healing.
    2. Stay in sight.
    3. Protect your healers.
    4. Be respectful. Telling people they suck will not make them better players or want to help you more.

Rift Disciple

Bring 2 more people?

Quote Originally Posted by Laslo View Post
    Bring 2 more people?
    Use a full group? What is the fun in that? Pretty soon you will be suggesting we know our specs!

Use a full group? What is the fun in that? Pretty soon you will be suggesting we know our specs!
    Going in way over level what fun in that? Except going in very over level and solo the dungeon
    Dungeons are made for a full group of the intended lvl, and IT is lvl 18-20.

Mage -> Cleric -> Tank

All the way.

Everyone uses heal debuffs on the Mage and (if possible) the tank interrupts healing from the Cleric. After that, you can't die anymore.

Prostyle:
    Purge the buff they have RIGHT before they die - then you don't get the debuff (-dmg/healing). You have about 2seconds before it reapplies.

Soulwalker

CC = win. Dungeons 101.
    Last edited by Whadduputcha; 03-18-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ydyp View Post
    Going in way over level what fun in that? Except going in very over level and solo the dungeon
    Dungeons are made for a full group of the intended lvl, and IT is lvl 18-20.
    Speaking for myself and not my guildies, the fun is in the doing and necessarily the outcome. I left a great raiding guild and a bunch of 85-level toons behind in WoW. I'm burned out from raiding, random heroics, and dailies. That's not Blizz's fault or a shortcoming of the game; I'm just tired of it all after playing the end-game for so long. As a result, I have no interest in approaching Rift in the same manner. I don't want to get to 50 any time soon or worry about progression. And that works out as my guild consists of a handful of people with offline ties that go back for years. We had a lot of fun in IF, even getting stomped by the 3 kings as we jumped off the balconies and ran around like nuts, all the while laughing on Skype. Win or lose, it's all fun. I doubt we will add another, non-guild player to our group. That most likely would increase our chance at success while decreasing out enjoyment. Fun > Win.

But it is good to know the basics of the kings fight. Thanks for the info, everyone.

+ Reply to Thread