+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loot in dungeons, make drops only for classes present.

Shadowlander

Default Loot in dungeons, make drops only for classes present.

So I've gone through King's Breach, and all of the loot was mage loot. We have no mages in our party. If the loot is going to be BOP, make it so only loot useful to the party drops. It makes dungeons not much fun when nobody gets anything useful.

Rift Disciple

heh.. ive done dungeons with no warr and all plate droped, it was quite annoying, but at the same time funny.
    just rerun it if you really want the loot!
    For all the errors we as a user base have, had and will get, know that Trion is a company that does seem to try to help, that is itself is a lot more than some other game company I could name...

Um, QQ? Come on...
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Soulwalker

nah its sud drop all classes like it does not, or else some classes wud get shut out

like why bother take a rouge or mage? 5 warrior and a cleric can run a instance no probs

Quote Originally Posted by Ximmi View Post
    nah its sud drop all classes like it does not, or else some classes wud get shut out

like why bother take a rouge or mage? 5 warrior and a cleric can run a instance no probs
    Exactly. Lame QQ.

No thanks, smart loot ruins loot tables. It's too easy to force loot tables to drop what you want this way by populating 3 of what class you want to get loot for. Instead of wasting loot by not sloting all the armor types, you should really consider taking 1 of each all the time to prevent this waste as you claim it to be.

There have been a few times where I made a team of 2 warriors, 2 rogues and me healing. Silly me, 2 cloth drops and its only my fault that I knew better than to format a group like this.

Forum tested, Hevenly approved.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragari View Post
    So I've gone through King's Breach, and all of the loot was mage loot. We have no mages in our party. If the loot is going to be BOP, make it so only loot useful to the party drops. It makes dungeons not much fun when nobody gets anything useful.
    Entitlement is a funny thing. Not everything is meant to be acquired your first run through. Grow some patience, and start grinding away.

Meh..to me this is just ranting because you did not get loot. Believe me, I've gone through LH lots of times in the past week and havent gotten but like 1 piece of loot. (I'm a chain wearing cleric-BAM!) To be honest, it really doesnt hurt to just go ahead and rock the dungeon again. More exp plus the possiblity of loot. Both are things that will make you happy in the end. I prefer the exp imo.

I mean think of it like this...your quest rewards sometimes outweigh what you get in dungeons once you get 1 or 2 levels higher. Then you have to vendor that soul bound item anyways. -shrugs- if you dont like running the dungeons then just use quest rewards and go about your day. None of that armor will matter once you hit 2-3 levels higher anywho. (unless your lucky and get phat loots!) : DD

Telaran

lol people like this ruin MMO's. What happened to working for things? no you just want everything handed to you. So if everyone can get geared in a couple runs, what do you do next?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xonis View Post
    lol people like this ruin MMO's. What happened to working for things? no you just want everything handed to you. So if everyone can get geared in a couple runs, what do you do next?
    Complain that there is nothing to do.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 03-17-2011 at 07:58 AM.

I would love to see an option to buy plaque items for 1/3 the cost with a drop from final bosses. There are 5 main pieces of loot, and 5 t1 final bosses. So you can buy your t1 item for 40 plaques, or you can use an item you won off a final boss and purchase it for 14 plaques. This way guilds can also help gear up friends by running each t1 once.

+ Reply to Thread