+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raiding guilds - what distribution system are you using?

Default Raiding guilds - what distribution system are you using?

I am just curious as to what distribution systems most of the raiding guilds are (or will be) using for Rift. In WoW we utilized the EPGP system which was extremely fair and gave the perfect balance between risk and reward; however, without Trion giving us item level numbers, it is very difficult to determine Gear Point values for loot. I've played around with using the cash values since higher-end loot will sell for more, but it has some inherent problems with rapid inflation.

And before the flamers come on about NBG versus any type of DKP system, you don't like it, fine, don't join a guild that uses it, simple enough. We find it is the perfect solution to reward time spent with rewards as raiding is a GUILD and TEAM event...

So what systems are you all using? Flat DKP? Suicide Kings? Loot Council? EPGP-modified? What have you found that works?

All the top tier raiding guilds that are actually worth a damn use a shape of loot council, biggest benefit for the raid -> lootz.

Attendence, acitvity and quality matter obviously but with those all met, its easy there on out.

To answer your question, I would assume most will use DKP because the real raiders are still doing WoW, that is you know, the raiding game

2000 -> 2011 - TACO

Tangman / Marloc / Valafor

We are using a version of DKP

Rift Disciple

We're actually using Suicide Kings because nobody has the time or energy to put together some other form of loot distribution.

ssN's Boss Video Repository.
    Every boss in the game.
    1080p.
    Multiple POVs.
    What more could you want?

We're using DKP.

It is probably not the best, but it is the most transparent system.

Soulwalker

This is coming from a smaller guild of close friends, and fortunately there are more than enough of us to raid. Generally just use the Need/Greed system. Granted, this isn't the the best idea for enormous raiding guilds, but for a guild of people who all know eachother, eachothers characters, and playstyles it works just fine.

my guild uses a custom system of "priority pass"

loot drops that has cleric priority > all clerics roll that want it > whichever cleric wins owes a pass to the other clerics that rolled, max of 1 pass (no accumulating passes)

works VERY well and is simple as everyone keeps track of who owes them and vice versa

doesnt favor those who raid 24/7 but doesnt hurt them either

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    my guild uses a custom system of "priority pass"

loot drops that has cleric priority > all clerics roll that want it > whichever cleric wins owes a pass to the other clerics that rolled, max of 1 pass (no accumulating passes)

works VERY well and is simple as everyone keeps track of who owes them and vice versa

doesnt favor those who raid 24/7 but doesnt hurt them either
    Suicide Kings is much simpler and pretty much the exact same idea - oh, and a hell of alot easier to actually track.
    Guild Master of <stay small Nerds>

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    To answer your question, I would assume most will use DKP because the real raiders are still doing WoW, that is you know, the raiding game
    Not sure if srs...
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

+ Reply to Thread