+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Risk vs Reward; not sure if Trion gets it.

Default Risk vs Reward; not sure if Trion gets it.

I did some testing on my lvl 15 warrior.
    I take the same risk tanking a lvl 15 Rift boss as I do tanking a lvl 15 Invasion boss.

The Rift boss gave me about 7 planarite and 2-3 greens.
    The Invasion boss (skull and crossbones icon on the map) gave me 2 planarite 0 items.

Why should I bother again?

Telaran

Because it's not a "risk vs reward" based system but rather a contribution based system. And the contribution calculations are very strange.
    There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shield of Telara

His point is that invasions and footholds are not worth killing (particularly at the lower levels) unless you need to free up a quest hub. Invasion (and foothold) rewards are significantly lower than rift rewards (probably due to it being a single wave).

Quote Originally Posted by Minerian View Post
    His point is that invasions and footholds are not worth killing (particularly at the lower levels) unless you need to free up a quest hub. Invasion (and foothold) rewards are significantly lower than rift rewards (probably due to it being a single wave).
    I'd assume the calculations for rift rewards isn't tuned right. In the later zones, you'll get 50ish planarite for an invasion/foothold compared to about 90-110 for a minor rift. These rewards are solo. Also, if you manage to solo a lvl 42 major rift at lvl 45 like I did, you'll get the same reward as solo'ing a minor. I was super sad.

+ Reply to Thread