Thread: Expert Deepstrike Mines Strategies

Default Expert Deepstrike Mines Strategies

Our Comp for each fight:
    • Healing Cleric-Sentinel/Warden/Purifier
    • Warrior Tank
    • Bard Support
    • Rogue DPS
    • Cleric DPS

Overseer Markus: This is a fairly easy tank n spank fight. When you engage the boss, he'll have (4?) smaller, non-elite adds with him. Just AoE these down quickly to stop some tank damage. At 50% health, he'll spawn three different adds, with roughly (30k?) Hitpoints each. At this point, the boss will disappear for about 30 seconds. During this time, you need to DPS the adds hard and kill them. Once the boss returns, you may have some adds up, finish them off quickly. At sub-50% HP, the boss gains a buff that increases his damage by 30%, so big tank heals are needed. Once adds are dead, just finish off the boss.

Gregori Keslav: This boss is all on the healer and how quickly your DPS can burn through about 100k HP. This boss hits like a truck with his spell, something along the lines of a life drain, about a 1 second cast time. He also does a longer, 6 secondish spell that needs to be interrupted. The smaller ones can be interrupted as well, but won't always be able to. Periodically, the boss will spawn 3 adds channeling beams to the boss, making him immune. You need to kill all three of these so you can hurt the boss again. Rinse and repeat. Again, this is all up to how well your healer/support can keep the tank up, there is no raid damage unless you pull a random pat.

Bonehew The Thunderer:This is a well-designed fight. It requires good heals and good placement coordination. When the boss starts off, you need to face him away from melee for a cleave. He will periodically stomp, damaging the melee as well. Throughout the fight, he will put a debuff on a random party member, causing them, and any members within 8 yards to take massive damage over time. They need to move away from anyone else. This lasts about 6-8 seconds and cannot be dispelled. Also, the boss will move to a spot in the room, near the edge of the space to fight him, turn, and do a large frontal smash. You need to be to the side of him as to avoid a large aoe attack and a knockback that can potentially knock people off the edge and fall to their deaths. At 50%, he will split into two adds with rougly 150k HP each. These both have the same mechanics as phase 1, but there are two of them (2 debuffs, 2 smashes). Burn these down 1 at a time, and when they die, you win!

Gatekeeper Kaleida:
    This is an intense, heartpounding fight that will be the one that you are most likely to wipe to in this instance. It requires amazing heals, great coordination and movement, and a tank tougher than a wet paper towel (GL without 100 toughness). This boss will get a specific type of element buff, and depending on which happens, will give off different abilities:

**NOTE that the boss has massive AoE damage, cleaves, and requires intensive healing for all of his buffs, so assume raid mechanics, and don't be in front of the boss. And to healers, bring mana pots. Also, the crystals mentioned below are shot onto a random party member, and the spell will follow the person until it lands).
    • Air-Spawns a crystal that will deal slight AoE damage, and after about 10 seconds, will explode, causing anyone in its LoS to be stunned for about 5 seconds. The trick to this is to LoS the crystal. What we found to be effective was to position the boss on the bottom floor, then when a crystal when down, we moved up a side ramp, and vice-versa.
    • Water-Spawns a crystal that will deal slight AoE damage to those near it, and when it explodes, will root everyone in the room for about 6 seconds. Easiest ones to deal with.
    • Fire-When he has the fire buff, he will do an ability called Fire Blast, or something similar to that, that will hit the tank and anyone near him (this means you, melee), so melee need to run back when this is being cast to avoid damage. He will also spawn a crystal, that, after about 10 seconds, will explode and deal massive damage to anyone in its radius (big radius). What we found effective was to start at one end of the room, have him drop a crystal, then move to the other to avoid crystal explosion damage).
    • Earth-Codename, FFS, why are you making this fight so long. On top of a cleave, this crystal is the biggest annoyance in the fight. When he spawns a crystal with earth buff on, the crystal will channel a heal onto the boss, healing him a very high amount per second. These need to be DPSed down ASAP; they have roughly 17.5k HP. This part of the fight will make or break you. Because of these crystals, the boss receives a large DPS check. If you can't kill the crystals fast enough, the boss will heal back too much health.

***This fight was very enjoyable and difficult. It requires excellent performance by all party members. Please note, that, at least at this gear level, a HEALING REDUCTION ability is MANDATORY or the boss will heal back too much health. Also, it is important to note, that, when a boss has an element buff, he will toss out 2 crystals each time he has a new element, then he will rinse and repeat the same order.

Dichrom- Probably the easiest boss in the dungeon. When you fight the boss, you will have to avoid giant lazor beams running around the room. We found it was best to tank him in the crossroads of hallways (you'll know it when you're there), as lazers are less likely to venture to that area. These lazers are in a set, random path, unless you get close to them, in which they will turn orange and follow that person, dealing loads of damage to them. The boss has a periodic ground slam that knocks all melee, including the tank, backwards. Afterwards, he applies a root ability to them. Dispell this ASAP if possible, especially if a person is close to lazers. All-in-all, very simple, avoid stuff on the ground, tank n spank fight.

Caretaker Archanis-Robot rhino boss, because, who doesn't love those? This guy should be tanked in the middle of the room. Everyone should be stacked right behind him to avoid a nasty charge attack. The key to this fight is how well your DPS can burn 35k health. Every increment of 25% hp, the boss will go immune, and begin channeling a spell at a random crystal in the room. At this point, ALL DPS, including the tank, should begin smashing these crystals. If you don't kill the crystal in time, the boss will one shot everyone in the party, and you have to restart, and cry slightly if nobody can soul walk. Also, when the crystal becomes attackable, three adds with about 25k HP will spawn. Ignore these until the crystal is killed. I recommend that, once the crystal is dead, to use a CD or two on the tank until the adds are killed. He/she will be taking massive damage when the boss and adds are up. The trick to this fight is, after each crystal is killed, the next one is channelled faster, requiring even more DPS. You will have a total of three channels (75, 50, 25), with the last one being very quick. Save DPS CDs for these, and healers, help DPS the crystals as the adds aren't too bad during this part of the fight.

Plutonius-This is the last boss, and quite fun. He will hit the tank hard, so a Bard's armor buff is reccommend for this fight. The first ability he has is a debuff that he will randomly throw on anyone besides the tank. For 6 seconds, the person is dazed and walks around in a circle doing nothing. It cannot be dispelled. This can be especially dangerous if the healer gets hit and the boss decides to really wail on the tank. Be vocal; call out for others to use CDs. The next ability he does, there will be a big emote saying "Plutonius is Channeling Power", at which time random chunks of wall will rise from the edges of a circle. These are completely random. At this point, EVERYONE, even the tank, needs to start running and line themselves up with a wall, and start running towards it. After about 5 seconds, the boss will smash the ground and send everyone flying.
    ***DON'T EVER jump while running towards the wall section. If you jump, you will probably get knocked OVER the wall. Also, you need to be about halfway between the boss and the wall to be safe. Any further, and you will probably also be knocked over.

After you are knocked back, on the wall will be periodic purple diamonds. These will begin to light up, and will shoot lightning across the room, connected to their counterpart. This is a very simple mechanic, and all you need to do is position yourself between any purple things on the wall, and hug the wall really closely so you don't accidentally hit a purple lightning blast. At this point, just rinse and repeat.

Good luck to everyone trying this difficult instance, and I hope this guide helps!
    Last edited by Valwyn; 03-14-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Default That's how its done.

Nice job on breakin it down for everyone val.
    We had a great time in this place getting our shard first kill of Expert Deepstrike Mines.
    Last edited by Dirtylegs; 03-14-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Much love for the female dwarf.
    www.vagrantcorps.org

giving away strats taking all the fun out of making ur own and learning one of the best fights in the game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Jujus View Post
    giving away strats taking all the fun out of making ur own and learning one of the best fights in the game.
    People that want to have this "fun" will simply not read strats. Simple, right? Or are you implying anyone who reads a strat is automatically not having fun anymore?

Besides not ever posted strat is the best one, or works the best with your comp.

To be honest I just want to hear the scrubs qq about gatekeeper.

Thanks for this.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jujus View Post
    Yeah damn the OP for FORCING people to read this.

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

As far as I know Overseer Markus spawns again once the first add dies. We tried bursting them down individually first only to see him spawn with two left at 100%, then on our next run we tried AoEing them down slowly making sure to keep their HP about equal, this time they all died at the exact same time when he spawned again making it a bit easier on the tank.

Gatekeeper Kaleida was in my opinion the hardest of all of the T2 bosses (although when Caelia in CC bugs out she can be really annoying). I think we only wiped 4 times before we killed him (first 2-3 attempts we didn't have a healing debuff for the earth crystal heal), but I felt it was a pretty challenging encounter for a 5 man. The rest of the instance after him is fairly easy in comparison. The trash even gets easier. The 2nd through 4th bosses are some ridiculously long fights, especially the 2nd.
    Last edited by NathanM; 03-15-2011 at 05:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

^_______^ Jujus unprotect your mumble channels so I can come troll you
    Last edited by Xecute; 03-15-2011 at 05:55 AM.
    Guild Master of <stay small Nerds>

dawg public channel is there just page me or w/e

Soulwalker

Gregori Keslav: This boss is all on the healer and how quickly your DPS can burn through about 100k HP. This boss hits like a truck with his spell, something along the lines of a life drain, about a 1 second cast time. He also does a longer, 6 secondish spell that needs to be interrupted. The smaller ones can be interrupted as well, but won't always be able to. Periodically, the boss will spawn 3 adds channeling beams to the boss, making him immune. You need to kill all three of these so you can hurt the boss again. Rinse and repeat. Again, this is all up to how well your healer/support can keep the tank up, there is no raid damage unless you pull a random pat.

You make no mention of the Delver he spawns and that the summoning of the Delver is not able to be interrupted. Please fix this.

Soulwalker

I noticed that Caretaker Archanis can be disarmed either with Disarming Counterblow or with Weapon blow and presumably Wrist Strike too. Makes tanking the adds and the boss that much easier. Not sure if it is intended. But you definitely need very strong dps on the crystals, nasty stuff.

Probably the best Expert dungeon in the game, imho. I would be happy to go back there for a raid.
    Last edited by CrazeeIvan; 03-16-2011 at 09:13 PM.

Plane Walker

Ty a lot for OP's info! One question (not a rant), which build should a mage be for those bosses? I have noticed cleric dps, I wonder if a mage would be similar. We tried til 3rd boss, and had his spreaded selves knocking someone off everytime =/...

Quote Originally Posted by noche View Post
    Ty a lot for OP's info! One question (not a rant), which build should a mage be for those bosses? I have noticed cleric dps, I wonder if a mage would be similar. We tried til 3rd boss, and had his spreaded selves knocking someone off everytime =/...
    From my experience, Pyro mages seem to be the highest DPS, but don't quote me on that. I know very little about them. Any mage with a strong DPS soul could replace the DPS cleric. Just make sure you still have a viable healing debuff for Kaleida when you get there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast