Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For everyone wanting a Dungeon Finder

Soulwalker

Unhappy For everyone wanting a Dungeon Finder

Dungeon finders ruin communities. Currently i am finding the rifts community to be rather open minded and wide-eyed, Adding a dungeon finder will quickly turn this game as jaded as the dreaded W.

As things stand there is a definitive way to keep players from being total jerks and/or flaming on people who make mistakes - u only group with your server and people WILL remember u good or bad, which will affect your ability to get into more groups. Adding a dungeon finder across realms means that you are grouping with people who most likely u will never see again so there is no reason to use manners or the greed button, because there is no community to hold you accountable.

In addition, i truly believe that a dungeon finder makes finding groups SLOWER. Unless you are a total hermit, by the time u hit the 30s or 40s, if you have run dungeons at all, u should have friends to ask for dungeons.

Theres this really hard thing about finding dungeons on your server. If you just use /3 or whatnot and spam a lot, it will usually take you a while to find a group. If you are smart, u use this thing called a friends list and save both the healer and the tank. Use the comment button to note either tank or heals and bam! Now u can ask said tank to heal for you later.

Most the time now i don't even spam i just hit up my friends list to make a group.

I just don't see how we should take a game that is social, and make it not social to appease the laziest people playing.

U have more tools at your disposal than spamming, so don't cry when your half-assed attempt fails. Its not our fault, its yours. Please don't make the rest of us wait 30-40 min for a lame group that wont finish because you cant use the tools you have been given.

Plane Touched

all im hearing is "waahhh i go run out of wow for being terrible".
    Just because its broke for blizzard doent mean its going to be broken on Rift.
    If you write off everything jerks can use to be jerks; you might as well just go play Olympic Wall Starring

Agreed.

I can find a group as DPS far faster without the LFD tool. 1+ hour queues for dps? Efficient and easier you say? Sure, if you're queueing as Tank or Healer.

As a Tank i can find a group to dungeon in equal time.
    Without even trying I can get one in under half of that using my friends list and guild chat.

Let's all add a LFD tool and never talk to other players on our server ever again.
    Let's all add a LFD tool that will reduce us to sitting in town or cities trolling one another whilst we spend most of the day queueing as DPS. Only to be grouped with a leetist who'll quit on the first wipe, blame you. Despite it being it was he who queued as Tank/Healer to get insta-dungeons, with only the slightest capability to work in a team.

and to note, I haven't a problem with rookies, i find it quite refreshing teach people tactics and working with them through wipes, talking to them and making friends with them. Not so much when they wipe, rage and quit.

Adding a LFD tool will only make it -even- easier to get a group as a tank or healer. For the rest, the dps, the queues will become significantly longer + you won't be able to find a group the old way because all the tanks + healers will already be in instances from their insta-queues.

This is the only point that comes to mind that any pro-LFD-tool, tool would appreciate.
    There are a whole bunch of others that concern me, including community degradation and whiney *****es, trolls + ninjas gaining pace in a style of game that should not allow these kinds of people to progress with such ease. I prefer the old way of, if you're a ****, we'll know you're a ****, and we don't want to group with a ****. Neither do we want him in the guild, or for any puggers we might pinch to fill out the last lot of our raid.

Adding a LFD tool will only make it -even- easier to get a group as a tank or healer. For the rest, the dps, the queues will become significantly longer + you won't be able to find a group the old way because all the tanks + healers will already be in instances from their insta-queues.
    I am a tank both in wow and in Rift. I stopped using the LFD tool in WoW for many reasons but the main one being that there is no accountability for cross server grouping, so now I only go with guild mates and people on my server.

With that said even if an LFD tool is added to Rift I will only go with people on my server (endless).

What I learned was to get out of my comfort zone and build a friend list. Building a community on your server will save you a lot of headache and is probably the most import thing you can do in any mmo. More friends = more fun. Sure you will encounter bad players and attitudes along the way but that is what the ignore list is for.

My 2 cents.
    Main: Metalheadz Tank/DPS Warrior

<Obsolete> 30+ guild/ Endless

http://obsoleterift.guildlaunch.com

Plane Touched

"Communities"?

Do you know everyone on your shard personally? Do you all go out after work for an Appletini? You know 50-100 people just to say "hey" to, and maybe 2-3 on a personal level if you have real life friends there.

Upward of 90% of players are out for themselves and couldn't give two ****s about you. If it was up to calling you a friend and slitting your throat over an epic sword, you would be lying on the ground, bleeding to death. The same people who you group into your "community" are the ones who run up and mine a node while you're killing a mob right next to it so YOU could mine it.

There is no "community". People who think there is really need a reality check.

A LFG tool will do no more harm than good, nor will it do more good than harm. It would be an optional tool which you can fully ignore if you choose. Quit trying to justify the reasons there shouldn't be one.
    This signature guaranteed to be less than two lines or it's free*.

* By "free" I mean "shut up". Yes, you.

With the shortage of healers and tanks at WotLK a LFD was needed. Everyone was DPS for arena PvP survivability and everyone wanted to do 15k+ DPS on charts. Like someone said above everyone is out for themselves and DPS is the way to survive. The people who roll the tanks and healers do it cus they love it. And for now your wait for DPS que is short cus a lot of people are lower levels and wanna do dungeons. Wait till everyones 50 dungeons are pointless and guess what you'll be here QQing how u can't find a dungeon group at all. Good comes with the bad in everything. Reroll a Tank or Healer or ****.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 03-14-2011 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by Khazaam View Post
    "Communities"?

Do you know everyone on your shard personally? Do you all go out after work for an Appletini? You know 50-100 people just to say "hey" to, and maybe 2-3 on a personal level if you have real life friends there.

Upward of 90% of players are out for themselves and couldn't give two ****s about you. If it was up to calling you a friend and slitting your throat over an epic sword, you would be lying on the ground, bleeding to death. The same people who you group into your "community" are the ones who run up and mine a node while you're killing a mob right next to it so YOU could mine it.

There is no "community". People who think there is really need a reality check.

A LFG tool will do no more harm than good, nor will it do more good than harm. It would be an optional tool which you can fully ignore if you choose. Quit trying to justify the reasons there shouldn't be one.
    No.. just no. First of all... having an Epic sword ninja'd from you is worlds more annoying than a mining node, and with a cross server LFG system there would be ZERO accountability for ninja'ing any item you wanted. Beyond that a LFG cross server dungeon tool destroyed all that we called a community in Warcraft... so why would you bring it here. Why even chance it?

The game jsut came out... communites are just starting to be formed. People are starting to get a grip on the game and are speaking up and creating friendly relationships in the game. People are still leveling for crying out loud. Give it time. You want a facerolling, theres nothing to it, automated easy @ss game like Warcraft... go back to Warcraft. Maybe you're just an antisocial T-bag... but so far the "community" on Molinar is awesome, helpful and believe it or not... generous.

If the LFG tool would add no more than it would take away then why even go there... we already have an optional tool... its called the LFG channel. Its called speaking up... its called not being a lame @ss sitting in a capital city waiting for your dungeon to pop so you can solo your way through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    Wait till everyones 50 dungeons are pointless and guess what you'll be here QQing how u can't find a dungeon group at all.
    So your assuming everyone will only roll 1 toon and there wont be any new people coming to the game? So we'll all hit 50 and the lower level dungeons all immediately become obsolete?

I would hope by the time people hit 50 they would have a guild a some people to run Dungeons with. Its pretty much impossible... unless you add a LFD tool... then its very possible to camp a capital city and talk to no one in route 50. Not having a dungeon tool forces interaction. No clue why some of you are so intraverted when it comes to that.

Warcraft at least gave it MULTIPLE expansions before the cross server LFD tool came out... mutiple years... so in 2 weeks of Rift you expect them to go there? ****.

It blows me away at how ***cing impatient, antisocial and lazy people are. Dont you get it.. sh/t like that destroyed warcraft. You wipe once in Wacraft and everyone leaves group. You say "one sec grabbing a soda" and you come back to being kicked from group. A BoE drops.. everyone rolls on it. Whats so hard about spamming /LFG DPS RoF while your knocking out some quests.

LFD Tool destroys interactions, destroys every sense of accountability and dilutes the hell out of server communities. All because your too lazy to type /1 LFG... I dont want a silent putz in my group anyway.

Rift Master

+1 for the Say No to LFD Tool vote.

I honestly feel that they would ruin the game. I have a dozen people on my friends list already that I group with to do Expert dungeons and it makes the game ten times more enjoyable to play with people I know even a little bit than some stranger who feels like he can be a complete ******* with no repercussions.

Even if there is a LFD it should only be same server and even then I wouldn't use it.

There is just no need.

First off WOW ruined WOW by letting DPS do insane 20k+ damage so EPEEN's go directly to DPS and no other class. Tanks and Healers for the most part also started letting DPS die if they didn't know how to FF something down. If they wanted to play hero if i was tanking i'd tell the healer let'm drop im not taunting if they don't wanna FF F*ck'm. And i'd say the same to the Tank if i was healing. DPS is faceroll. And they are a dime a dozen. What this game did was intermingle the classes. So DPS will have to be willing to take an offheal roll or CC roll to survive a dungeon or WF instead of going straight DPS. So if you wanna QQ now just wait. 50's will be popping up all over.

AND MY PREDICTION IS DPS WILL BE QQ'ing HERE ABOUT HOW THERE'S NOT ENOUGH TANKS AND HEALS WILLING TO DO DUNGEONS AND WF's.

BEST ADVICE: YOU DON'T LIKE IT REROLL OR QUIT
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Shadowlander

How would a tool work for T2s?

I mean there is a certain difficulty of these dungeons that is evident by the number of people only wanting to go to T1s atm even though the rewards from T2s are much better.

Also, it is frequently useful (and almost required) to 2 heal some of the bosses in t2....but not the whole instance (although you can do that too). This is mostly due to the boss mechanics that temporarily CC one person and put enough damage out that it is nice to have extra heals. Or fights that just have a huge amount of damage in their mechanics (looking at you, Scarn).

IMO its better to leave out the tool and let the communities build themselves. Currently these 5 mans are a skill/gear intensive thing and not a timesink like in that other game. Maybe eventually once everyone gears up and they become easier it would work.

So how would the slots even work for that? A dungeon finder of 3 dps 1 healer 1 tank that is so strict like that would be a travesty. Rift is awesome in that it allows for members to have multiple specs for multiple situations. Boss does more damage? swap to healer. Hard pull? Swap to a spec with more CC to make sure nothing goes wrong.

Additionally would you really want to run that dungeon hoping for your drop if the queue popped and it came up 5 clerics (or whatever similar situation you want to imagine)?

People make the best dungeon finder.
    Last edited by xSajinx; 03-14-2011 at 11:59 AM.

dungeon finders good.. theres a loadcrap of people not running anything at 50 simply cos you have to wait 2 hrs to fill up a group and ppl eventualy quit.
    ~ DRAGON SLAYERS ~
    veritas lux mea

Soulwalker

Funny, I hear all these people complain about how hard it is to find a group.. yet I can look for a dungeon for just about anything on my shard and I can sign up to be a DPS, tank, healer, support, whatever.. it takes 10 minutes tops.

Now I'm not against dungeon finder tools, but WoW has spoiled so many of you. The MMO industry did fine without such tools for quite a few years.. WoW came out with a dungeon finder and suddenly every game needs to have one.

Like I said, nothing against the tools and I wouldn't mind having one if it were shard-only and properly implemented, but stop trying to have everything handed on a silver platter just because you think you deserve it.

The MMOs are fine without the tools.
    Shard: Perspice (US-PvE)

Leathude, 50 Bahmi Warrior - <Hunting Blades>
    Minoesh, 50 Eth Cleric - <Divine Twilight>
    Tiger, 4x Eth Rogue - <Hunting Blades>
    Kitten, 4x Eth Mage - <Hunting Blades>

Soulwalker

no a dungeon finder's pluses FAAAAAAAAAAAAR outweigh the negatives.

not everyone can or will wait to form groups...you can be doing things while queued in dungeon finder....server times and pops can affect this...and it benefits lower pop servers as well.

and that's just a SMALL FEW.

no, quite frankly, a WoW-like RDF should be mandatory for all future MMO's. At least the ones that want to keep people.

whether you like it or not there is a reason WoW is as successful as it is. And a game like Rift copying some of that is NOT in ANY WAY a bad thing.

It's foolish not to have it.

Telaran

Well about the point that you don't know most people on the server, is true, and false. Since I Was among the 10first to hit 50 on guardian side I know most of the people who is running through content, I recognize people who are better then others etc. Because I've played with most of them. I even know some of the Defiants who are better then the pack.

So saying that you don't have a community is a lie. or it's just me and a couple of other 50's who's have a good memory + influence. But I can tell you, there were a person last night that was ranting about how you shouldn't PvE on an PvP server. I doubt he's having alot of people who's not having him on ignore that's running PvE content. And ruining some of his chances in getting into (Currently 2 in our faction) raiding guilds on our shard.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast